IGNORED

Lynx HSC #1 - Rygar

atari2600land

This week's competition is over. Check for game #2 in the Lynx forum for this week's game.

Since the duration of the competitions ended in a tie, I vote for the tie breaker at one week's worth. So get out Rygar and play it! This week's competition ends Monday, March 17 at noon Pacific.

current standings:

1. isgoed 1,564,490

2. doctorclu 712,200

3. Atari 5200 226,680

4. atari2600land 173,710

Edited by atari2600land

I could have gotten a lot further but for some reason with two different Lynx's when I try he tries to throw the shield and that causes me to underjump. Any solution to how to prevent Rygar from doing this?

Before it started acting up I managed a score of like 81,000 but thought I could do much better so didn't write down the exact score.

Edited by doctorclu

Allow me to rephrase... please help if you know how to keep the shield from firing off during a jump. I would like to do better in this game, I don't remember this being a problem last time I played this game.

Perhaps we sould also invite these guys to (shown in the previous) high score thread

RYGAR

1. 1,624,530 - level 23 (finished) crc_73

2. 1,305,900 - level 23 (finished) Serblander

3. 1,260,400 - level 23 (finished) bruce182

4. 714,010 - level 10 Serblander

5. 512,990 - level 14 bruce182

Perhaps we sould also invite these guys to (shown in the previous) high score thread

RYGAR

1. 1,624,530 - level 23 (finished) crc_73

2. 1,305,900 - level 23 (finished) Serblander

3. 1,260,400 - level 23 (finished) bruce182

4. 714,010 - level 10 Serblander

5. 512,990 - level 14 bruce182

i just found my SMC that had all my emulators for my GP32, so I'll be getting into this one shortly.

Emulation verses real thing... I am still wondering what way I want to go on the Lynx.

A high score thread and I missed it?

Can you play it on emulator? I prefer to play on the original system, but if it's a game I truly like I'll have to settle for it.

May I suggest that we split California Games in two weeks (with 2 of the events every week? ). One week could be BMX and Surfing, and the other one could be Half-pipe and Footbag.

Edited by Damon Plus

I would imagine you can play on emulator since I'm using my GP32 to participate and my score is counting :)

I don't know about this game, it's almost too repetitive and tedious. I don't want to play again because the game does not hold my interest.

I would imagine you can play on emulator since I'm using my GP32 to participate and my score is counting :)

I don't know about this game, it's almost too repetitive and tedious. I don't want to play again because the game does not hold my interest.

So is the Game Park the best portable system to do Lynx emulation?

I'm just about to the point of getting a eprom cart going for the Lynx itself, but alternatives are always nice to know.

from my experience, yes. There isn't a good one for pocket PC's, at least that I'm aware of and I've looked, and I don't use PSP for emu as my GP32 can emulate the systems I like to play just as well as the PSP.

the Gp32 version is a port of handy, GP32 and it's overclocking ability will also determine how well the game runs. Mine can overclock to 166mhz so it runs Lynx emu fine, but before that I ran it at 156mhz, and it was good as well. The bad thing is you don't know what a GP32 can do until you try to overclock unless the seller themselves can tell you that info and I would imagine most would.

Then you have all the other systems and computers the GP32 can emulate, it's a really nice portable to have, especially now since it's technically a dead system, they can be had for pretty cheap, well worth the money in my opinion, there are also some pretty damn good homebrew games as well as computer ports, like Quake, Doom, Wolf3d, Duke 3d, etc.