IGNORED

Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection

BydoEmpire

Ah, High Speed...I forgot all about that one. What a great machine that was :)

My next question was going to be if there are some unlockable tables? I know you can unlock "free play" mode after clearing objectives but a few hidden machines would be pretty sweet, my fingers are crossed :)

Yeah. I checked the arcade for all those machines and tables that whiz by when you move between table selections. My HDTV has a "still" feature that lets you pause an image, so I tried to use that while switching between tables to see if I could spot anything hidden and to see what tables and machines were in the back rooms and even in the storage room (between Funhouse and Jive Time).

Turns out in the back room there are two Black Knight tables sitting side by side, and in the storage room are some extra speakers and the bottom of a Space Shuttle table.

Leftovers from an earlier build of the game, or just random parts crammed into the closet spaces for that authentic look? :ponder: :?

Edit: Also of note, the Xolten and Love Meter novelty machines from PHoF: Gottlieb are visible. Xolten is sitting next to the storage closet door and has a dart board nailed to it, and Love Meter is in the back of the arcade near the stairs (to see it, move to "Upstairs". On the left is a railroad crossing sign, and in the background, the Love Meter machine with a stuffed bear sitting on top.

Edited by rockman_x_2002

My HDTV has a "still" feature that lets you pause an image, so I tried to use that while switching between tables to see if I could spot anything hidden and to see what tables and machines were in the back rooms and even in the storage room (between Funhouse and Jive Time).
That's really cool! I've tried to see what else was in the arcade, but couldn't discern anything interesting. Finally broke 2.5 million in Black Knight - need to get an extra ball in the lower table to clear the 2nd round of goals in that table.

Got my copy yesterday from Amazon Had a $25 Amazon visa rewards cert. so over all cost me 8 Bucks When I got home from work my wife was playing

I joined in this was around 6PM we finally stopped when we realized it was after 9PM She kicked my butt and Im an old school Pinballer

THIS game really works with the Wiimotes and chucks GREAT Well got a couple hrs before returning to work got to get in a few tables

I went to my local Target and scored the last copy for $19.99 on Thursday. Unfortunately I went to a Target at a different Mall nearby and they had it for $13.98 :( I fired off an E-mail to Target.com to complain, just to see what will happen.

Even if nothing happens, I still love this game. High Speed would have been a great addition along with the three amusement park themed games

Comet, Cyclone and Hurricane.

Gary

Well as I'm sure some of you might have figured out, I finally got my copy from Wal-Mart just over a week ago. Simply put it is the best pinball simulation game I've ever played. It helps the tables are real tables, but the physics seem to be incredibly accurate. Although on a few games, I have the ball literally go off the table and even had a message come up telling me the ball was replaced as the other one went off the table. Logically this could never happen, but it was figured into the game.

My question now, is that I've managed to unlock free play on all the tables and conquered the basic challenges on all the tables and cleared the Wizard's challenges on a few. But how on earth do you unlock the other table option modes? Like the Mirror mode, or Tilt option..etc? Anyone figure that out yet? I was hoping that once you cleared some of the wizards challenges that it might let you pick a table to unlock these modes, as it did when completing the basic challenges and let you choose a table to unlock free play for.

So, I'll continue to play as Pin-bot, Fun House, and Taxi thus far are my favorite tables. But I would like to know if anyone has unlocked any of the other modes I mentioned for any tables?

Any Canadians had the good fortune of spying this one in the wild?

I got my copy at walmart this morning. Great collection!

Excellent, thanks for the heads-up man! Looks like a lunchtime visit to the Evil Empire is in order tomorrow...

Well as I'm sure some of you might have figured out, I finally got my copy from Wal-Mart just over a week ago. Simply put it is the best pinball simulation game I've ever played. It helps the tables are real tables, but the physics seem to be incredibly accurate. Although on a few games, I have the ball literally go off the table and even had a message come up telling me the ball was replaced as the other one went off the table. Logically this could never happen, but it was figured into the game.

My question now, is that I've managed to unlock free play on all the tables and conquered the basic challenges on all the tables and cleared the Wizard's challenges on a few. But how on earth do you unlock the other table option modes? Like the Mirror mode, or Tilt option..etc? Anyone figure that out yet? I was hoping that once you cleared some of the wizards challenges that it might let you pick a table to unlock these modes, as it did when completing the basic challenges and let you choose a table to unlock free play for.

So, I'll continue to play as Pin-bot, Fun House, and Taxi thus far are my favorite tables. But I would like to know if anyone has unlocked any of the other modes I mentioned for any tables?

I haven't figured out either.

FINALLY snagged a copy at Walmart on my lunch break! Man, they hide it well though - not in the case with the rest of the Wii games, but on the bargain shelves, tucked behind about a dozen Data Design games. I almost gave up looking before I finally found a copy behind Billy the Wizard Broomstick Racing or whatever it's called.

The only downside is that there're only French instructions in the box, but ah well - I think I can figure out how to play it easily enough!

At least you can walk into a Wal-Mart and pick up the game. According to Wal-Mart's website and a few of their employees at the local stores here, Pinball HOF isn't scheduled to be placed in the stores for sale and is listed as on-line only to order. Ugh...

Still I got my copy and loving it. Just wish I could figure out how to unlock the other table option modes as I mentioned above.

I went to my local Target and scored the last copy for $19.99 on Thursday. Unfortunately I went to a Target at a different Mall nearby and they had it for $13.98 :( I fired off an E-mail to Target.com to complain, just to see what will happen.

Even if nothing happens, I still love this game. High Speed would have been a great addition along with the three amusement park themed games

Comet, Cyclone and Hurricane.

Gary

I actually just got it at Target (S. Portland Maine) for the $13.84 price. It rang up at 19.99 but the shelf sticker said "Wii Pinball Hall of Fame 13.84" so they honored it.

Now I just have to work all day before I can play it :(

I got this game last night based on the recommendations here. To be honest... this game is simply amazing! The physics are absolutely perfect, right down to the "I can never get the ball all the way up the Shuttle-ramp" difficulty I remember as a kid! The controls are also amazing, with the exact amount of delay and force as the real machine provides. You can even bump the table by bumping the controllers!

If I had any complaint, it would be that the bump is just a bit *too* sensitive. When I get into a game, I tend to move the controllers a bit as I press the buttons. Which results in a slight bump on the machine. Nothing major, but it's there none the less. You kind of need to train yourself to watch your movements if you don't want those accidental bumps.

Also, I think I may have an idea of what the "ball fell off the table" thing is about. As I recall, some of these machines had cutouts in the playing board behind various bumpers and targets. Technically, your ball shouldn't be able to get inside those areas. Yet I have seen it done on real pinball machines. Given that the physics still can't be as perfect as the real thing (though it's as bloody close as I've ever seen!), I imagine those areas are slightly more dangerous on the virtual reproductions than they are on the real machine.

Speaking of which, read 'em & weep boys!

post-8100-1207676886_thumb.jpg

Yes, that's right. Over 2 million on Jive Time. I managed to roll the counter. Not once, but twice. :P

Edited by jbanes