IGNORED

Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection

BydoEmpire

Darn, Alien Crush Returns did not come out today on Wiiware. GoNintendo said the developers promised it would come out "in October" and since this is the last week in October I figured that meant today.

Oh well, still looking forward to it whenever it does come out.

Good news folks, Alien Crush Returns is out today! Wooohoo! I'll be downloading this one as soon as I get home!! :D

Played this again yest. There's more to it than I knew. If you're unfamiliar w/ the table(s) the ingame instructions really help, explaining objectives/goals, scoring, etc. all the nuances of the table. For example, some tables have scoring lanes you can cycle through (already lit) using the right flipper button. I saw this in Jaguar Pinball Fantasies, didnt know it was common.

Some tables have many "pages" of info (one had 63!) but are mostly 1 or 2 sentences long.

I cracked the Top 3 high scores on Space Shuttle, & met the 5 primary goals, which unlocks the "wizard" goals.

Played this again yest. There's more to it than I knew. If you're unfamiliar w/ the table(s) the ingame instructions really help,

Truely this is one of the greatest Wii games ever released.

There has to be a sequel on the horizon??

I hope it includes at least one of the following

Indiana Jones

Junk Yard

Dr Who

Judge Dredd

• 1 year later...

2-year BUMP of this thead!

I had a good time going over this old 2008 thread. I had forgotten about this game, in fact I never see it and so forgot it existed, until last week when I saw it $12 used at The Exchange, and picked it up. Been playing it now & then and it truly rocks! I'm not very familiar with pinball games, but even I faintly remember some of these tables.

Pin-bot, Fun House, and Gorgar are probably my favorites right now. The ball physics are impressively realistic, and I love the sounds. I wasn't aware of how many Williams Defender and Joust sound FX were used in their pinball games. I would also recommend this game to anyone, its a great, unique game for the Wii.

That Fun House dummy Rudy creeps me out. "Aww, I thought we were friends". *shudder*

• Like 1

2-year BUMP of this thead!

I had a good time going over this old 2008 thread. I had forgotten about this game, in fact I never see it and so forgot it existed, until last week when I saw it $12 used at The Exchange, and picked it up. Been playing it now & then and it truly rocks! I'm not very familiar with pinball games, but even I faintly remember some of these tables.

Pin-bot, Fun House, and Gorgar are probably my favorites right now. The ball physics are impressively realistic, and I love the sounds. I wasn't aware of how many Williams Defender and Joust sound FX were used in their pinball games. I would also recommend this game to anyone, its a great, unique game for the Wii.

That Fun House dummy Rudy creeps me out. "Aww, I thought we were friends". *shudder*

Thanks for the bump. I wasn't here in AA in 2008 and missed this Wii title entirely. I love pinball and played most of these tables back in the day. (I think I minored in Black Knight in college icon_mrgreen.gif )

Gotta get it.

I picked this up for $14 off Amazon for m PS3 - having played alot of these machines back in the day I can say this is as close to the real deal as you will get.

Even better - all the mechanics and sounds work - plus the tables are level. Something you could almost never get in the Arcades :)

My kids love this as well having not been exposed to some good pinball.

Ive used VPin Mame also which has alot of these tables but is a bit picky to get installed.

Id love to see Haunted House, Black Knight 2000, and some of the newer tables released.

• 3 years later...

Sorry for the bump, but I have just started playing this again the other day and it is still great fun. Both the Williams and Gottlieb collections are top notch for the Wii. Does anybody else play these from time to time? Its too bad there was never an online high score board to compete against. I'm just basically trying to beat myself on these high scores these days.

• Like 1

Still playing Williams pinball, but not on the Wii. Farsight has re-released almost every table from their Williams/Gottlieb collections as Pinball Arcade DLC on iOS/Android/PC/PSN. Online leaderboards w/friend list filter, graphics upgraded to 1080p, tournaments, and plenty of additional tables.

They launched Pinball Arcade on 360 but it was abandoned after a few DLC packs due to publishing issues. They've announced Wii U and xbone versions also but they're vaporware so far.