IGNORED

Total Eclipse

Cybergoth

I'm glad you brought this up. This is just the IDE environment I like. Something that helps to keep programs well organized. I checked it out on WIKI and liked this part:

Users can extend its capabilities by installing plug-ins written for the Eclipse software framework, such as development toolkits for other programming languages, and can write and contribute their own plug-in modules.

you maybe on to something.

you maybe on to something.

Well, Eclipse can be considered the industry standard for IDEs. At work we're using it for over 50% of our projects now, especially for any new ones we start. There's only a handful of legacy stuff where we're still using Netbeans or VC6/.NET.

There's Eclipse Plugins for almost everything, even for Z80, but I'm not sure about 65xx assembler. Either I don't see it or it doesn't exist yet.

Well, Eclipse can be considered the industry standard for IDEs. At work we're using it for over 50% of our projects now, especially for any new ones we start.

99% here. :)

There's Eclipse Plugins for almost everything, even for Z80, but I'm not sure about 65xx assembler. Either I don't see it or it doesn't exist yet.

I'll do a search myself. Maybe I have more luck.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I didn't further investigate this issue, when I figured that my PC at home is lacking the horsepower for running Eclipse ;)

Not sure if this would mean anything to you or not but I got eclipse 3.0 running just fine on my computer. I have a 1.8 GHz Pentium 4 with 512 MB RAM. My bus is rahther slow for todays standards though. Windows XP Professional (college edition install) And plenty of HD space. An Nvidia GForce FX 5200 with 128 MB and bus is AGP 4x

I had to install java for it to work and so went with SUN Java.

WOW! the plug in creator is inline with the IDE so any features for Atari can be created by anyone using it. Rather cool.

I have a 1.8 GHz Pentium 4 with 512 MB RAM.

What a deadly weapon :-o My system at home isn't half as good!

You should see what I use to have. The last 5 years, for me to have a computer, I've built them from scrap parts people and friends give me. The first was a 200 MHz system A friend lent me for a while after my modded original Xbox was snatched :x . That was my computer running Linux besides playing games. And the next mod I was going to do was upgrade the RAM to 128. The next PC was a 400 Mhz Gateway I rebuilt and now The current one. However, before I made it to my Pentium 4, I did buy a brand new $400 laptop from Wal-Mart. Unfortunately it was snatched several years later from my Xbox snatch. The police tracked it down to as far as a state away.

I actualy found an old Pentium 2 system that had been halfway striped in the Wal-Mart parking lot. I gave it to a friend for a file server. You would be surprised what you can find in dumpsters too. I knew of someone who found a nice laptop in a dumpster and got it working perfectly.