IGNORED

Wolfenstein 3d. Atari ST. Played on a Falcon

I just found out it's your video Christos ha ha!

I checked out your other falcon vids. very nice. No idea what the falcon was capable of. Actually, I was looking for falcon vids to try to get an idea of what the machine can do and found that wolfenstein bit. Awesome stuff.

Edited by bdog_147

I checked out your other falcon vids. very nice. No idea what the falcon was capable of. Actually, I was looking for falcon vids to try to get an idea of what the machine can do and found that wolfenstein bit. Awesome stuff.

Note that this game is an ST game that also runs on falcon (a bit accelerated of course). There are quite a few falcon vids on youtube by much better video encoders than myself, but there were very few of games etc. So that's what I did mostly...

Note that this game is an ST game that also runs on falcon (a bit accelerated of course). There are quite a few falcon vids on youtube by much better video encoders than myself, but there were very few of games etc. So that's what I did mostly...

That Atari version is nice example of very efficient machine code programming. It is main reason of good speed. On site is described lot of tricks used.

Oh it's real ;)

Wow! What a show! I remember reading about this conversion being done way back when but I did not get any news that it was finished. Where in the public domain can we find this program? I remember reading that it was meant for a TT or Falcon though and that he was trying to get it to run on a ST. To hear that he found a way makes him a programming genius!

Any word on Doom or Heretic being converted? I remember reading a bunch of news on those way back when as well. Thanks for sharing Christos!

Oh it's real ;)

Wow! What a show! I remember reading about this conversion being done way back when but I did not get any news that it was finished. Where in the public domain can we find this program? I remember reading that it was meant for a TT or Falcon though and that he was trying to get it to run on a ST. To hear that he found a way makes him a programming genius!

Any word on Doom or Heretic being converted? I remember reading a bunch of news on those way back when as well. Thanks for sharing Christos!

Which proves that noone reads the video description box :(

Doom is running on the falcon.. at 1 or 2 fps's with sound. A bit more without... Take a look at running which is a pretty nice doom clone (and it's on video)..

Heretic has been ported but only for the CT6x...

Oh it's real ;)

Which proves that noone reads the video description box :(

Doom is running on the falcon.. at 1 or 2 fps's with sound. A bit more without... Take a look at running which is a pretty nice doom clone (and it's on video)..

Heretic has been ported but only for the CT6x...

Thank you for the additional info. For a moment there I was pretty excited and thought the game was ready to play with the kinks out. It is too bad the conversion is not completed yet. Great movie on youtube.com though! Thanks for sharing.

Actually strike that.. There is a port of heretic for standard falcon (usual 1-2 fps). Try http://pmdata.atari.org. Wolf 3d is actually very playable. About the sharing part, it was my pleasure doing it. In my mind I wanted to make people excited about the falcon, but not excited to own one, but to create for it and with it. If I only manage to make people buy it, my goal has failed. If I encourage people to use it, have fun, create and share with it, I have succeeded. I don't consider that owning a machine, any machine, and putting it on display as fun. It may be for some people, but that is not why they were made for. They were made as a tool to help us be creative. Let's do that, shall we? </manifesto :P>

Edited by Christos

Actually strike that.. There is a port of heretic for standard falcon (usual 1-2 fps). Try http://pmdata.atari.org. Wolf 3d is actually very playable. About the sharing part, it was my pleasure doing it. In my mind I wanted to make people excited about the falcon, but not excited to own one, but to create for it and with it. If I only manage to make people buy it, my goal has failed. If I encourage people to use it, have fun, create and share with it, I have succeeded. I don't consider that owning a machine, any machine, and putting it on display as fun. It may be for some people, but that is not why they were made for. They were made as a tool to help us be creative. Let's do that, shall we? </manifesto :P>

I thought the Falcon was a great PC. All it needed was the TT's casing and it would have been a bigger hit than it was. Talk about dropping the ball with it.

Btw, would you happen to know which site has the latest and most stable build of Wolfenstein 3-D? Would you happen to know the ST requirements by any chance?

Thanks again and please keep on sharing! People need to know what fun they missed out on.

I thought the Falcon was a great PC. All it needed was the TT's casing and it would have been a bigger hit than it was. Talk about dropping the ball with it.

Btw, would you happen to know which site has the latest and most stable build of Wolfenstein 3-D? Would you happen to know the ST requirements by any chance?

Thanks again and please keep on sharing! People need to know what fun they missed out on.

This is the latest build as of last week.

wolf_v08a.zip

• 1 month later...
No idea if this is real or not, but I found it interesting.

I played it on my atari 1040 STe.

I have 4 mo of memory, so i done a 2 mo ram disk, where i put all the game files.

It's works well, the animation is good, very playable, about 15 fps i think, and less when there are ennemies.

I also played it on my TT030, the animation is very fast (don't know how much fps), you can run across the room in 2 sec.

But on my 2 atari i get some crashes, i don't know why!