IGNORED

Do you have kids who play video games?

Rhindle The Red

Do you have kids who play video games?  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have kids who play video games?

• No, I don't have any kids.
    • No, they're too young.
    • No, they're not interested.
    • Yes, but they started playing when they were older.
    • Yes, and they started when they were very young.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

So I've got three nephews (10, 5 & 2) and two nieces (7 & 5). The two older boys play games a lot, with the younger of the two playing since he was, like, 2. The girls are less interested, but still play on occasion.

Now, I don't have any kids of my own, but I was thinking what are the playing habits of people's kids out there?

Almost 4 yr. old here, he likes to surf the internet or use the mouse for educational computer games but hasn't picked up a controller yet. He likes to watch me play some console games when he likes the characters like Harry Potter or Spongebob so it's only a matter of time.

My 4 year old plays computer games, wii, DS, V-Smile and sometimes I let him play Project Gotham on the 360.

Most importantly though, whenever I get a new Atari game to add to the collection, he always gets very excited

to be the tester. :cool:

He only gets to play video games an hour a day.

Most of the time, he never reaches his hour.

He just got his orange belt in Tae Kwon Do and that is what most of his free time goes to.

post-5270-1206417202_thumb.jpg

So I've got three nephews (10, 5 & 2) and two nieces (7 & 5). The two older boys play games a lot, with the younger of the two playing since he was, like, 2. The girls are less interested, but still play on occasion.

Now, I don't have any kids of my own, but I was thinking what are the playing habits of people's kids out there?

My kids are 24,18,15 and 13. They have all played since a young age. I repair and collect arcade machines as a hobby and we have most home consoles ever made setup in a large room of my office and some in the office (7800). My oldest wants a Gameworks party for his 24th bday.. I have no one to blame but myself!

My kids are 24,18,15 and 13. They have all played since a young age. I repair and collect arcade machines as a hobby and we have most home consoles ever made setup in a large room of my office and some in the office (7800). My oldest wants a Gameworks party for his 24th bday.. I have no one to blame but myself!

How about some pics of the arcade?

How about some pics of the arcade?

I can do some this weekend. It's in my 3 car garage which is now a no car garage. Hoping build a new garage or building and make an arcade similar to some of the ones we have all seen here recently. Luna city arcade style would be nice if $$$ permits. There are 22 here now and 4 more at my warehouse. Not that large compared to other collectors in Columbus but still fun. One pinball machine,(spirit of 76, EM machine) lots of classics, a few sitdown driving games, a cocktail millipede/centipede combo.I couple types of tank battle games. A good emphasis of Atari games. A 48 in one project cabinet(working but have to finish this summer), The obligatory shooting game Area 51/Maximum force combo. Kept a golden tee at the office.

They are all lined up in 4 rows with a fridge for adult beverages and some kids pop as well. Just kind of at a point where I need to either finish the garage or just face facts that I'll keep adding so I need to build.

You all might get a kick out of my office. The golden tee is in the outer office and I am hoping to bring up my arcanoid to the room as well. I have some arcade posters. (originals Framed) and a 2600 with a 6 cart switcher as well as a Jaguar setup in my main office on a 33" tv.

Clients get a kick out of it. Fun to see the suits act like kids again. It's a great icebreaker.

The oldest daughter (11) plays her DS, Gamecube, and Wii mostly but sometimes will play other systems. The youngest daughter (3 1/2) I started her off young. She loves any game with Luigi and loves my 2600. Her favorite 2600 games are Dolphin, Oink (pig), and Donkey Kong (monkey). She likes them mainly because of the animals in them.

I have two sons, ages 15 and 13. They both started around 6 or 7 with edutainment softeware like Math Blaster. They are now into both console and pc gaming. I got them Gameboys and then a N64, but they rarely play any console older than the Xbox 360 now. They've both gotten pretty heavy into pc gaming. I was thinking about getting a PS3 for Christmas, but the way they hog the gaming pc, I may just get another gaming pc. I'm rapidly running out of room though! I have a Win98SE gaming desktop and laptop, a WinXP desktop (my emulator machine ;) ) and a WinMCE gaming desktop on top of all my retro consoles!

I have two 16 year old daughters and a 15 year old son... All of them are gamers; I remember Zoe sitting on my lap when she was three and playing Ridge Racer with me on our brand new PlayStation... They played with the NES and SNES when they were little, but the first game the three of them showed a consistent, long-term interest in was Nights Into Dreams on the Saturn... We bought them all Pokemon Gold Color Gameboy packs for Christmas when they were 7 and 6 years old, and that was it! They've all been pretty hard-core gamers ever since... My son's the PC gamer; the girls pretty much stick to their PSPs, DSs or the PS2, except for SIMS 2 which runs on their 3 year old laptops just fine...

I have an 8 year old daughter. She started out playing my 2600 and a few plug & play controllers that I bought her a few years ago. She's not too interested in playing these days, but she did help me test out some of the new AtariAge homebrews that I got last month and liked a few of them alot.

The other day she asked me if she could get a Wii so she can play the new Hannah Montana game. :roll:

We're a couple of DINK's but all of our neices and nephews play games.

DINK :D Haven't heard that one in a while :)

Yeah, all my single friends complain that they are broke all the time, I keep telling them they have to find someone with a job and move in together. It's amazing how much you can save when you consolodate expenses with someone else, and the lovin's nice too of course. ;)