IGNORED

Question about TiaPaint

retrogeek

I was wondering if someone could help me with this playfield editor. I've been creating sample 2600 graphics with this program, but when I try to save the file (or export as code) I keep getting some strange error that reads 'Disk Failure' . Any idea what is causing this? I select my desired path (which is my hard drive) for the file, etc., and it refuses to work regardless of what I do. :|

Edited by retrogeek

when I try to save the file (or export as code) I keep getting some strange error that reads 'Disk Failure' .

(1) Make sure you specify a valid file path, and make sure the directory already exists.

(2) Make sure you use the old "8.3" naming convention. If your directory name is longer than an 8-character name plus 1 period plus a 3-character extension, or if it contains any spaces or other "bad" characters, then you'll need to convert it to the "8.3" format. For example, "C:\TIA Painter\My Playfield Data\" would most likely become "C:\TIAPAI~1\MYPLAY~1\".

(3) Likewise, make sure your file name adheres to the old "8.3" naming convention. For example, "TEST 1.ASM" (with a space between "TEST" and "1") would be invalid, but "TEST1.ASM" would be okay.

(4) Make sure the target directory isn't read-only, and that you have user permissions to create files in it and write to it.

I have a question of my own. :D How the heck do you quit and exit out of the program? :dunce:

Michael

when I try to save the file (or export as code) I keep getting some strange error that reads 'Disk Failure' .

(1) Make sure you specify a valid file path, and make sure the directory already exists.

(2) Make sure you use the old "8.3" naming convention. If your directory name is longer than an 8-character name plus 1 period plus a 3-character extension, or if it contains any spaces or other "bad" characters, then you'll need to convert it to the "8.3" format. For example, "C:\TIA Painter\My Playfield Data\" would most likely become "C:\TIAPAI~1\MYPLAY~1\".

(3) Likewise, make sure your file name adheres to the old "8.3" naming convention. For example, "TEST 1.ASM" (with a space between "TEST" and "1") would be invalid, but "TEST1.ASM" would be okay.

(4) Make sure the target directory isn't read-only, and that you have user permissions to create files in it and write to it.

I have a question of my own. :D How the heck do you quit and exit out of the program? :dunce:

Michael

Thank you Thank you Thank you! You can tell I don't use DOS for most applications (it's been a long time!) :dunce:

Press the ESC key; a requestor appears asking if you want to exit the program. :D

Edited by retrogeek

Thank you Thank you Thank you! You can tell I don't use DOS for most applications (it's been a long time!) :dunce:

Press the ESC key; a requestor appears asking if you want to exit the program. :D

Oh, okay. :dunce: I looked in the readme, and checked the onscreen help, but didn't see anything that mentioned how to get out of the program. I did try Q and X and E (quit, exit, end, whatever), but I guess I didn't try ESC. :ponder: Thanks!

Michael