IGNORED

WII HAVE A MEET: APRIL 27 (Smash+Kart!)

Hey Chad, I presume you are referring to the Sega Genesis that I have. What is the difference? I realize both can be used separately, but the other "single unit" Genesis consoles that I have seen do not have the connector for attachment to the CD Unit. Are these typically sold separately? Sorry for the confusion on my part.

Hey Chad, I presume you are referring to the Sega Genesis that I have. What is the difference? I realize both can be used separately, but the other "single unit" Genesis consoles that I have seen do not have the connector for attachment to the CD Unit. Are these typically sold separately? Sorry for the confusion on my part.

A quick google on the Genesis should give you all the detail you can handle.

:P Smart Alec eh? Trust me, I have spent more time than I should googling all kinds of vintage game stuff. Most of what I have seen on the web show the CD unit coming with a detachable gensis unit. My impression is that the genesis units that are sold by themselves do not hav the port to connect to a CD unit. I was under the impression that these are considered "generation I" units, while the ones that can hook into the CD unit are generation II units. But I am new to this whole hobby, so I could be mistaken. :D

Tyler, sorry, I do not have those games. But I will certainly keep an eye open for them and let you know if I do come across them.

It's OK, I'm sure you might have other goodies I might be interested in. :)

Oh, and if anyone has any Karaoke Revolution games (and a microphone) feel free to bring them and I'll entertain you guys with a little karaoke. Last Christmas, when my co-workers and I went to a company Christmas party, they loved when I did karaoke for them, and wished I did more.

:P Smart Alec eh? Trust me, I have spent more time than I should googling all kinds of vintage game stuff. Most of what I have seen on the web show the CD unit coming with a detachable gensis unit. My impression is that the genesis units that are sold by themselves do not hav the port to connect to a CD unit. I was under the impression that these are considered "generation I" units, while the ones that can hook into the CD unit are generation II units. But I am new to this whole hobby, so I could be mistaken. :D

All Genesis 1 and 2 units have an expansion port for the CD unit. There is no Genesis that is a CD specific unit other than the combo units - the CDX and some oddball third party units that are really all one piece.

The Genesis 1 was CD compatible, it just used the model 1 Sega CD with a front loading drawer rather than the model 2 Sega CD which is the one you have. Trust me - I may not post on AA much but I've been in this hobby and the NECG scene a longass time. :)

Edited by chadtower

Chad, Thanks for the clarification. I did not realize that all the Genesis units were CD compatable. You learn something new every day!

The Model 3 Genesis is NOT compatible with the Sega CD, Sega 32X or even the Power Base Converter.

Good thing I never got a Model 3 Genesis.