IGNORED

Colecovision HSC week #24 - Centipede ***SEASON FINALE***

NOTE: THIS WEEKS GAME HAS ENDED!

***SEASON FINALE***

Centipede

post-14567-1207808324.jpg

I decided that after 6 months, the first season of the Colecovision HSC will come to an end. I'm going to take a short break and have the second season up and running before you know it. I'm always thinking of new ideas to keep the Colecovision HSC interesting, and always welcome input from the players. I have a few ideas in the works and hopefully they will be succesful to keep this HSC alive. Thanks for everybody who participated in the first season, I hope that you will return for the next.

Game Info

In Centipede, players control a magic wand that is used to square off against a horde of nasty bugs that make their way through a mushroom patch. The Flea falls straight down towards the player, laying fresh mushroom in its path. The Scorpion runs from side to side across the screen, turning mushrooms into poisonous toadstool, which cause the Centipede to behave irrationally and dive bomb the player. Spiders jump up and down towards the player; the closer he is, the more points are earned (300, 600, 900). Shooting the centipede will divide it into multiple segments that will continue to chase you down.

-This game was suggested by: darthkur

-Skill level: 1 easy

Challenge

-None

HSC Info

-Post your scores in this thread and every couple of days I will update the leaderboard.

-The cutoff for posting scores will be Tursday April 17th at 1:00 A.M. Eastern.

-Use the same skill level as posted so that all the scores will be acurate.

-Please read the Rules and Regulations thread for a thoural description of the HSC rules.

-If you would like to make a challenge for this game try to let me know before you post your first score.

Current High Scores

1st - theking21083 (62,500)

2nd - ed1475 (58,877)

3rd - joeybastard (45,740)

4th - darthkur (36,545)

5th - Ikrananka (28,492)

Leaderboard

1st -duncantoml +252 points

2nd -joeybastard +187 points

3rd -Ikrananka +159 points

4th -theking21083 +148 points

5th -chuckwalla +105 points

6th -Mister VCS +95 points

7th -RJ +71

8th -Recycled +42 points

9th -ColecoNation +33

10th-doubledown +32

11th-1982VideoGames +31 points

12th-jboypacman +28 points

13th-Blackjack +26 points

14th-PressureCooker2600 +22 points

15th-ladybugz +20

16th-darthkur +19

17th-Prodos8 +11

18th-Albert +9 points

18th-jetset +9 points

19th-purenergy +6 points

20th-edweird13 +1 point

20th-ScottHuggins +1 point

20th-Artlover +1 point

20th-Murph74 +1 point

Edited by theking21083

Okay, I'll gert things kicked off this week with a measley 28,492.

The difficulty of this game really seems to ramp up too quickly (particularly as this is supposed to be set at "easy" - I soon get overwhelmed by all the chaos onscreen. Any tips?

Edited by Ikrananka

What am I doing wrong in this game? I spend a lot of time trying to blast away the mushrooms to stop the centipede getting to the bottom of the screen quickly. Any tips - I'd like to improve my poor score even though it'll be too late for the HSC.

BTW theking21083 - many thanks for organising the CV HSC. I have thoroughly enjoyed being part of this and am very much looking forward to Season 2.

Edited by Ikrananka

I try to get the spider when he is close to me so I get 900 points, the scorpion is also a big point giver. When the centipede hits a poision mushroom I try to get under it when he drops so that I shoot each body segement when it turns to a head, they are worth more. I had fun doing the first season of the HSC so after I take a break, we will reset the scores and start fresh for season 2. Send me ideas for games that you guys would like to play and I'll make sure to get them up

@theking: It would be nice to see a "patch bonus" for the few Activision-games (like the Atari 2600 HSC).

We could "strech the HSC-rounds (ten days or two weeks)

Skill-level 2 or 3 instead of 1 or 4

Games I want to play: River Raid, Pitfall, Looping, Miner2049er, Popeye, James Bond, Time Pilot,

Tutankham, Carnival, Star Wars: The Arcade Game.

@theking: It would be nice to see a "patch bonus" for the few Activision-games (like the Atari 2600 HSC).

Games I want to play: River Raid, Pitfall, Looping, Miner2049er, Popeye, James Bond, Time Pilot,

I like the idea of stretching games to two weeks. Generally I only get a chance to play for an hour each week and so don't get much time to improve.

I like the idea of stretching games to two weeks. Generally I only get a chance to play for an hour each week and so don't get much time to improve.

Sounds good here too. Even though I only have about two dozen titles right now i'll participate in whatever I can play.

2 weeks sounds good to me if that's what you guys want. I have no problem upping the difficulty levels of games I just don't want to make them too hard and scare away anybody. I could definately work in a patch bonus and even add them to games that never had patches for them. This is some great feedback guys, if you have anymore ideas just let me know.