IGNORED

Do you primarily buy your "modern" games new or used?

Rhindle The Red

Do you primarily buy your "modern" games new or used?  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Do you primarily buy your "modern" games new or used?

• Mostly new
    • Mostly used
    • About the same
    • I don't really buy "modern" games

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I normally go right for the used games (I'm an all-around gamer, though I prefer retro). I'm not the richest man on the block, so if it'll save some money and get the same result (i.e. allow me to play the games I want), I'm all for it. Don't forget, you can always ask to see the condition of the discs before you actually pay. Though I will admit, all of my Guitar Hero/Rock Band gear was bought brand new!

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mostly new, but that's only because I don't buy all that many "modern" games to begin with.

When the present generation becomes the previous, that's usually when the good buzz finally trickles into my retro-encrusted brain, and I'll pick up a bunch of used games for the other systems. The challenge then becomes finding the time to play them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I typically will buy used games, obviously for older systems, but also for my gaming rig and Wii. The only new games I have bought lately are Sonic Unleashed (which I love and hate, you Sonic lovers know what I mean), and the Conduit for the Wii, which is a pre-order.

p.s. This is my first post on any forum ever, and i dig this site!

Since my entire collection almost consists of classic games, the only modern game system I have is the PS2, and I always buy them used. You can get yesterday's killer apps for today's low low prices.

CHEAPNESS FOR THE WIN!

If only I can figure out how to post youtube videos here...... :(

Edited by brandondwright

Mostly used.

I don't do a lot of modern gaming. Once in a while a great title, with a large explorable game world hits and I get sucked in.

There are just too many 4 hour movie / franchise deals priced at 60 bucks to get me excited.

Sacred 2 on the 360 is a lot of fun. It's got huge replay value with several very differentiated characters, 100 plus quests, tons of items, and a great big game map with so much detail it's funny. And the developers have a great sense of humor too. I laugh often at this game.

Anyway, getting back to the thread, something like this used is the way to go. I did what I almost never do and bought this one new because I could see the play value in advance from the PC version. (I do NO PC gaming anymore)

I'll chip away at this one, character by character with my wife, and maybe go 6 months on it. In that time, I'll either see a used title to try, or just retro game, or work on programming / hardware hobby things.

If only I can figure out how to post youtube videos here...... :(

Embed them like so (remove the underscores, video ID in the middle) [_youtube]0WM3xu2hUiY[_/youtube]

And heres Kato to play you off. :D

Thanks!

the only modern thing i have is this PC (AMD x2 3800+) I own probably 5 games for the pc, newst one was bought last year from a S/H games and tech shop

come to think of it i think all my games were bought from the same S/H shop, less one which i bought from a sunday market for about 10GBP

• 1 year later...