IGNORED

JAGUAR-HSC May AvP-Marines - Tweety_16,559,600

post-4709-1209653720_thumb.jpg

EXTENDED TO JUNE 15, 2008 11:59 pm CST

So standard scenario, you got repremanded, put in stasis, and lucky you, your term in stasis expires after everyone else has been killed off and the place is overrun with Aliens. And Predators. What the hell?

The one thing I will say is, after playing all the games, I am actually glad to be playing the amrine, I mean in the Alien and Predator games you deal with humans with flame throwers and machine guns. When you are the human, the only projectile you deal with is the Predators, and that is not till later in the game. But lots and lots of Aliens, and they will sneak up on you. And that damn face hugger...

The human starts off with a rifle, but in the end becomes the most powerful character in the game... should you live that long. :D

(This is probably the closest the Jaguar gets to Duke Nukem 3D).

On this, blast away and see how long you can last. Nice thing about this game is you get a definate score in the end. Naturally no cheats.

Here is a link to the maps to help guide you through...

http://www.gue-tech.org/darkgrue/attic/ata.../avp/index.html

16,638,800 - Paul Nieland (JT50)

16,559,600 - Tweety (AA)

12,871,600 - Toni Nizic (JT50)

7,758,700 - Derek D. Dash (JT50)

5,976,300 - Bones (JT50)

5,129,200 - ETHunter (JT50)

4,518,300 - Gunstar (JT50)

3,536,500 - John Schmude (JT50)

2,013,600 - KevInCal (AA)

1,310,200 - Ron Corcoran (TG)

1,000,000 - Doctor Clu (AA)

160,000 - Dan Iacovelli (AA)

Edited by kevincal

cool, I can play this.

Thought so. :D

So rather than one Marine against the Aliens we'll be a whole platoon going after the Aliens.

Time to clean up boys!! Everyone report your positions!!!

And your body count. ;)

Edited by doctorclu

:cool: My favorite Jaguar game ! :twisted:

Be wery wery quiet... we're hunting Alien... uehuehuehueh...

[Hey fun sidebar, while you're killing aliens, make note of how many you kill. Kinda like pilot when they put hash marks on their planes for how many kills they do.) :D

Be fun to know how many our platoon kills off together.

just read the that we can use cheats and I got a cheat saved on my cart already :D

no worries , I even do good with out the cheats ( if you want to see a preview of me playing AvP on the jaguar

I got a video up on my you tube page (just search Game of the month, or AVC's Video room)

Gorf will be up there pretty soon as well as the two interveiws I did with Twin Galaxies.

Well I've done about 90,000 on the game before running out of ammo and getting swarmed by Aliens.

But it I can remember where the ammo and guns are I can make a bee line to those locations. :D That is my new strategy.

I lost count how many aliens I killed, last time was before I entered level 1, the count was 60+ :twisted:

I love the search for the security keys, this makes it almost like an adventure, reading the computer entry's from dead soldiers and officers... Yes I know were the keys are, I made maps (yes, I drawn my own maps), but all those little things makes the game better.

I lost count how many aliens I killed, last time was before I entered level 1, the count was 60+ :twisted:

I love the search for the security keys, this makes it almost like an adventure, reading the computer entry's from dead soldiers and officers... Yes I know were the keys are, I made maps (yes, I drawn my own maps), but all those little things makes the game better.

That is the fun part of the Marine game. Shame the Marine has the most trouble getting around the base and the Aliens and Predators can go everywhere. :/

Anyway, I'm up to a million points now... seems the trick to the Marines is to not dally but run to important spots, get shotgun shells, and get the motion detector early on.

I have cleared level 3 of aliens, and I plan to clear more levels of aliens as I go.

So you save the game, and what do you know all the kills don't stay dead. That's annoying. But if you can survive an entire game of this in one sitting it would make things easier. :D

As for the Marine, after listening to him say "Wonder what happened to this guy", and then "You can run but you can't hide" with the motion tracker, and finally "Bug soup" when I get the pulse rifle... is anyone else hearing Larry the Cable Guy in their head when this guy talks? I keep expecting at any time for the guy to say "Get 'er done!" :D

first attempt:

(I think I killed about 10 aliens,before I got axed on sublevel 3 trying to get the pulse riffle)

Last day is June 1st by 9 am CST.

Dan, sounds like my first attempt at AvP. I am currently on level 4 trying to get either the 5th or 6th level access badge at this point.

first attempt:

(I think I killed about 10 aliens,before I got axed on sublevel 3 trying to get the pulse riffle)

Last day is June 1st by 9 am CST.

Dan, sounds like my first attempt at AvP. I am currently on level 4 trying to get either the 5th or 6th level access badge at this point.

I think I passed that score now, forgot to write it down.

I got pulse riffle and came back to to canteen and saved it there right out side the ariduct.

now I'm off to get the motion tracker on 5, got killed after a couple times. then I got lost

and got killed on level 2.

:lol: I think I have to slow down a bit, I have all the weapons, and security key 9 and just a score of 5.441.500

Think I'll go find security key 10, and then roam around a bit, killing Predators or something... But they can take a lot of ammo, so the way to the armory and the canteen (health) has to be free of aliens. Well, I'm hungry for some 'Bug Soup'. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my Alien vs Predator high score: 16.559.600

There is an higher score in the picture, but thats an old score, so I don't think that will count. ;)

avpmarinepd2.jpg

My heart is always pounding when the self destruct sequence is active, and I have to run from level 2 for the escape pod on level 5 :twisted:

Edited by Tweety

Here is my Alien vs Predator high score: 16.559.600

There is an higher score in the picture, but thats an old score, so I don't think that will count. ;)

My heart is always pounding when the self destruct sequence is active, and I have to run from level 2 for the escape pod on level 5 :twisted:

Wow!! Nice score!! I was working towards solving this, but realized to do this I needed to play the game non-stop (otherwise the crappy aliens respawn...grrr!!)

Ok, now to figure out what to do next. Will figure scores soon.

Wow!! Nice score!! I was working towards solving this, but realized to do this I needed to play the game non-stop (otherwise the crappy aliens respawn...grrr!!)

A good place to save your game without problems is in the canteen (level 3) near the air duct

or in the armory (level 4) in one of the four faults with ammo.

Then you're always ready for the fight ahead and shoot those aliens again :D

A good place to save your game without problems is in the canteen (level 3) near the air duct

thats where I save my game in the canteen buy the airduct.

I haven't been playing much though

thats where I save my game in the canteen buy the airduct.

I haven't been playing much though

So do we need a little more time on this one, or run another game?

Or just run this a bit longer but start maybe the Predator version of this game? (which to me is easier)

Jeez, I have been SO damn lazy lately... I want to do this contest... Hopefully I'll get arond to it. Although I think it's gonna be impossible to get anywhere near Tweety's high score! :o

Well Kevincal, you get your chance!!

I have decided to extend this till June 15 at 11:59 pm CST.

I too have a score to settle with those bugs!!

post-4709-1212775165_thumb.jpg

Edited by doctorclu