IGNORED

PAL Rarity Guide - R10s

Rom Hunter

I think the 'Holy Grail' rating goes one step further than the R10 rating.

More like a R11 rating.

If you take Atari Age's R10 definition:

rarity10.gifUnbelievably Rare

These games are almost impossible to find in the wild. Even collectors who have been at it for years may never run across one of these, and they often make up the showcase of an individual's collection. These rarely show up even on Ebay, and if they do there will most likely be a bidding war.

Then the 'Holy Grail' might be defined as:

'H-G' Tremendously Unbelievably Rare

These games are super impossible to find in the wild. Even collectors who have been at it for years may find they have grey hairs before they come across one of these, and they often are the showcase of an individual's collection. These rarely show up even on Ebay, and if they do there will most likely be a fist fight, leading to an all out war.

LOL

Something like that.

Seriously: Panga's statement is too easy; there IS a difference between AtariAge's R10 and Atarimania's Holy Grail rating.

Atarimania's Holy Grail means: Less then four are known to exist.

AtariAge's R10 means: Almost impossible to find in the wild.

The last one overlaps the first one, but has a much wider range (how wide exactly is (and IMO can) never (be) stated in numbers and therefore not workable for me).

8)

I never meant Atariages R10's ratings ;) ,as far as im concerned that rating system is dead,as it has not been upgraded in years.

I meant Atarimanias R10's as that is regularly upgraded (but full of inconsistencies).

To me there is no difference between a R10 and a holy grail.

An Atarimania holy grail = less than 4,a Atarimania R10 = less than 4.

Same thing.

But the term holy grail is generic.

The website Atarimania reflects this ,when you check out a rare cart it is rated a R10 not rated a holy grail. :cool:

No, it's not.

It depicts a Holy Grail icon nowadays.

Atarimania's old R10 rarity rating is indeed the same as the new Holy Grail rarity rating (less than 4 known to exist).

Ok, now show me your mammoth list of inconsistencies.

I would like to correct these, if you don't mind.

8)

More like a R11 rating.

These games are almost impossible to find in the wild. Even collectors who have been at it for years may never run across one of these, and they often make up the showcase of an individual's collection. These rarely show up even on Ebay, and if they do there will most likely be a bidding war.

These games are super impossible to find in the wild. Even collectors who have been at it for years may find they have grey hairs before they come across one of these, and they often are the showcase of an individual's collection. These rarely show up even on Ebay, and if they do there will most likely be a fist fight, leading to an all out war.

LOL

Something like that.

Seriously: Panga's statement is too easy; there IS a difference between AtariAge's R10 and Atarimania's Holy Grail rating.

The last one overlaps the first one, but has a much wider range (how wide exactly is (and IMO can) never (be) stated in numbers and therefore not workable for me).

8)

I never meant Atariages R10's ratings ;) ,as far as im concerned that rating system is dead,as it has not been upgraded in years.

I meant Atarimanias R10's as that is regularly upgraded (but full of inconsistencies).

Same thing.

The website Atarimania reflects this ,when you check out a rare cart it is rated a R10 not rated a holy grail. :cool:

No, it's not.

Atarimania's old R10 rarity rating is indeed the same as the new Holy Grail rarity rating (less than 4 known to exist).

8)

So thats what that little symbol is suppose to be a Holy Grail.. :D ,anyway not sure where you got mammoth from :roll: ,but the inconsistancies i meant are what tom mentioned,you have some games that a Holy Grail and some that are not,like the 2 he mentioned,i have several of the games thatare less than 4 know to exist,these should be H.G games but are not...now when do you want me to send you a list so you can as you say " correct these "?? ;)

Curious though,why did you change from the R10 system to the Holy Grail system ?

Edited by pangasinan

More like a R11 rating.

LOL

Something like that.

8)

Same thing.

No, it's not.

8)

Edited by pangasinan

More like a R11 rating.

LOL

Something like that.

8)

Same thing.

No, it's not.

8)

So thats what that little symbol is suppose to be a Holy Grail.. :D ,anyway not sure where you got mammoth from :roll: ,but the inconsistancies i meant are what tom mentioned,you have some games that a Holy Grail and some that are not,like the 2 he mentioned,i have several of the games thatare less than 4 know to exist,these should be H.G games but are not...now when do you want me to send you a list so you can as you say " correct these "?? ;)

Curious though,why did you change from the R10 system to the Holy Grail system ?

Because I don't believe in a R1 to R9 ratings.

And R10 without R1 to R9 makes no sense.

So I had to give it another name.

Your list is more than welcome, Pangasinan.

Please post it here whenever you want.

8)

• 2 weeks later...

how many one-of-a-kind hly grails exist out there?

just one comes up to my mind right now ...

OMG.jpg

:D :D :D

Any idea what the left half of "King of World" label is from? The right is from Creative's "Rat Hotel" game...

I had no idea about the 'rat hotel' cover art, but after following that up, I found the cover art from 'save new york':

Nice catch!

Could give us a clue of the year it was released in.

8)

• 1 month later...

Updated list:

Mid-Time (SS-18) - Frostbite Bailey

Mole Hunter (SS-023) - Marco, Pangasinan, Staberinde

Ski Run (SS-024) - Rick, Marco, Weaselbrains

Spectracube Invasion (SS-025) - Tom, Pangasinan, Nofrills

Treasure Island (SS-026) - Jens (as proto), Pangasinan

Zoo Fun (SS-027) - Dino, Jens (as proto)

Firebug (SS-028) - Omegamatrix, Jens (as proto)

Skydiver (SS-030) - Tom, Marco (x2)

UFO Patrol (SS-031) - Marco, Tom, Atari181

Walker (SS-032) - Marco

Unknown Game (SS-034) - Jens (as proto)

Criminal Persuit (SS-036) - Rick, Pangasinan, Mark Sowden?

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Updated list:

Mid-Time (SS-18) - Frostbite Bailey

Mole Hunter (SS-023) - Marco, Pangasinan, Staberinde

Ski Run (SS-024) - Rick, Marco, Weaselbrains

Spectracube Invasion (SS-025) - Tom, Pangasinan, Nofrills

Treasure Island (SS-026) - Jens (as proto), Pangasinan

Zoo Fun (SS-027) - Dino, Jens (as proto)

Firebug (SS-028) - Omegamatrix, Jens (as proto), Schitti (box only)

Skydiver (SS-030) - Tom, Marco (x2)

UFO Patrol (SS-031) - Marco, Tom, Atari181

Walker (SS-032) - Marco

Unknown Game (SS-034) - Jens (as proto)

Criminal Persuit (SS-036) - Rick, Pangasinan, Mark Sowden?

8)

Same end label as Pet Boat carts:

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-mazy-match_23155.html

and some of the other Fantastic Games carts, like this one:

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-sea-monster_25377.html

There's obviously a connection between Suntek, Fantastic Game and Pet Boat.

That cart could very well belong in that box, although I'm sure an original Suntek Firebug cart also exists somewhere.

8)