IGNORED

PAL Rarity Guide - R10s

Rom Hunter

Congrats Schitti! That's an awesome purchase. :love: :lust:

I'd say these came out of the same factory. The boxes were reasy, but the cart labels weren't and so it was sold with this cart. I'm certain taht the cart came with the box. there's no way this seller mixed and matched these two rarities. ;)

There's obviously a connection between Suntek, Fantastic Game and Pet Boat.

of course ... i'm sure all this crap comes from the same taiwanese factory ... it's like a Mc Donalds menue ... just make your basic order and then choose your favorite label style and think of an imaginary company name that'll be slapped on there :D

i still believe that this is how it worked.

there might have been a few more middlemen (like Ample) but i strongly believe that there wasn't much more than a handfull of production facilities in taiwan, indonesia, thailand ....

this is still how the sneaker market works nowadays ... most sneakers are made at the same facility 40 miles away from hongkong: nike, adidas, reebook, lots of skate shoes ... all come from the same factory. and most of their false replicas from a factory in guangzhou

Edited by jahfish

There's obviously a connection between Suntek, Fantastic Game and Pet Boat.

of course ... i'm sure all this crap comes from the same taiwanese factory ... it's like a Mc Donalds menue ... just make your basic order and then choose your favorite label style and think of an imaginary company name that'll be slapped on there :D

i still believe that this is how it worked.

there might have been a few more middlemen (like Ample) but i strongly believe that there wasn't much more than a handfull of production facilities in taiwan, indonesia, thailand ....

this is still how the sneaker market works nowadays ... most sneakers are made at the same facility 40 miles away from hongkong: nike, adidas, reebook, lots of skate shoes ... all come from the same factory. and most of their false replicas from a factory in guangzhou

Agreed. I think that you can break the games into three categories - Originals, "Licenced" items and Pirates. The Bitcorp, Ultravision/Funvision, Homevision brands released originals as well as licenced games (from each other) and pirates. Then there were brands that operated under licence, such as Suntek and Rainbowvision. Then there were pirate games released under the supervision, spacevision, creativision and every other "vision" labels.

Whilst there were loads of originals, licenced games and pirates, there really weren't many companies behind all these brands/labels. Probably one or two, with a few factories scattered through Asia.

Updated list:

Mid-Time (SS-18) - Frostbite Bailey

Mole Hunter (SS-023) - Marco, Pangasinan, Staberinde

Ski Run (SS-024) - Rick, Marco, Weaselbrains

Spectracube Invasion (SS-025) - Tom, Pangasinan, Frostbite Baily

Treasure Island (SS-026) - Jens (as proto), Pangasinan

Zoo Fun (SS-027) - Dino, Jens (as proto)

Firebug (SS-028) - Omegamatrix, Jens (as proto), Schitti (box only)

Skydiver (SS-030) - Tom, Marco (x2)

UFO Patrol (SS-031) - Marco, Tom, Atari181

Walker (SS-032) - Marco

Unknown Game (SS-034) - Jens (as proto)

Criminal Persuit (SS-036) - Rick, Pangasinan, Mark Sowden?

8)

• 2 weeks later...

Updated list:

Mid-Time (SS-18) - Frostbite Bailey

Mole Hunter (SS-023) - Marco, Pangasinan, Staberinde

Ski Run (SS-024) - Rick, Marco, Weaselbrains

Spectracube Invasion (SS-025) - Tom, Pangasinan, Frostbite Bailey

Treasure Island (SS-026) - Jens (as proto), Pangasinan

Zoo Fun (SS-027) - Dino, Jens (as proto)

Firebug (SS-028) - Omegamatrix, Jens (as proto), Schitti (box only)

Skydiver (SS-030) - Tom, Marco (x2)

UFO Patrol (SS-031) - Marco, Tom, Atari181

Walker (SS-032) - Marco

Unknown Game (SS-034) - Jens (as proto)

Criminal Persuit (SS-036) - Rick, Pangasinan, Mark Sowden?

8)

Marco no longer has 2 sky divers ;)

Yes he has. :P

Well if he does, then its no longer an R10 (along with a few others on that list)

But Skydiver has tom as one owner and marco has 2 copies,so thats still R10,unless someone else owns one... ;) besides if the NTSC guys can still call games with a dozen or so copies R10 ,,so should us PAL people.

Edited by pangasinan

Marco no longer has 2 sky divers ;)

Yes he has. :P

Well if he does, then its no longer an R10 (along with a few others on that list)

But Skydiver has tom as one owner and marco has 2 copies,so thats still R10,unless someone else owns one... ;) besides if the NTSC guys can still call games with a dozen or so copies R10 ,,so should us PAL people.

If Marco still has two, then there are four as I know marco has sold one of those original two. But given you're earlier post, i doubt that

The two from Marco included the one he sold (to who, btw?), so there are still three.

I'll remove UFO Patrol from the Holy Grail list.

Man, I truly hope I will receive a Walker scan some day.

It's still missing from our database and Marco seems to be the only one owning the released version.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter