IGNORED

PAL Rarity Guide - R10s

Rom Hunter

• 2 weeks later...
That one is pretty cool! Do they actually have Puzzy, Bit Corp, or nothing for a logo though? The instruction manual is a mock-up.

That box is a thing of beauty. :lust:

i have one too i think ... not sure though ... i have one or two puzzy titles as well

i also have most of the early bitcorp ones, including a boxed phantom tank, thanks to marco and the eurocon ;)

i'm still waiting for an italian guy to send me some italian titles bitcorp carts ...

Still doubt the rarity of that Funvision PAL T-handle Condor Attack.

CPUWIZ once told me he had seen this one more than once on Ebay.

Ok, here are the Funvision R10's:

http://www.atarimania.com/lst_soft-MENU-2-...I-SOFT_LIB.html

Next: Suntek (SS-021 - SS-036)

http://www.atarimania.com/lst_soft.php?MEN...ASC&TRI=REF

Let's have a look:

Dragon Defender (SS-021) - Deathtrappomegranate, Jens

Motocross (SS-022) - Rick, Tom

Mole Hunter (SS-023) - Marco

Ski Run (SS-024) - Rick, Marco

Spectracube Invasion (SS-025) - Tom

Unknown Game #1 (SS-026) - Jens

Zoo Fun (SS-027) - Dino, Jens

Firebug (SS-028) - Omegamatrix

Asteroid Belt (SS-029) - Marco

Skydiver (SS-030) - Tom, Someone on Ebay

UFO Patrol (SS-031) - Marco, Tom

Walker (SS-032) - Marco

I.Q. Memory Teaser (SS-033) - Rick, Marco, Tom

Unknown Game #2 (SS-034) - Jens

Panda (Quest) (SS-035) - Rick, Tom

Criminal Persuit (SS-036) - Rick

Who elso owns one of these?

8)

I know of one more I.Q. memory teaser. That rules it out.

I have I.Q. Memory Teaser also

Still doubt the rarity of that Funvision PAL T-handle Condor Attack.

CPUWIZ once told me he had seen this one more than once on Ebay.

Ok, here are the Funvision R10's:

http://www.atarimania.com/lst_soft-MENU-2-...I-SOFT_LIB.html

Next: Suntek (SS-021 - SS-036)

http://www.atarimania.com/lst_soft.php?MEN...ASC&TRI=REF

Let's have a look:

Dragon Defender (SS-021) - Deathtrappomegranate, Jens

Motocross (SS-022) - Rick, Tom

Mole Hunter (SS-023) - Marco

Ski Run (SS-024) - Rick, Marco

Unknown Game #1 (SS-026) - Jens

Firebug (SS-028) - Omegamatrix

Skydiver (SS-030) - Tom, Someone on Ebay

Walker (SS-032) - Marco

I.Q. Memory Teaser (SS-033) - Rick, Marco, Tom

Panda (Quest) (SS-035) - Rick, Tom

Criminal Persuit (SS-036) - Rick

Who elso owns one of these?

8)

I know of one more I.Q. memory teaser. That rules it out.

I have I.Q. Memory Teaser also

Thanks!

8)

Motocross (SS-022) - Rick, Tom, Pangasinan

Mole Hunter (SS-023) - Marco, Pangasinan, E-bay guy

Ski Run (SS-024) - Rick, Marco, weaselbrains

Treasure Island (SS-026) - Jens, Pangasinan

Firebug (SS-028) - Omegamatrix, Jens

Skydiver (SS-030) - Tom, Marco (2x)

Walker (SS-032) - Marco

Panda (Quest) (SS-035) - Rick, Tom, Marco

Criminal Persuit (SS-036) - Rick, Pangasinan

Anyone elso owns one of these?

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

btw... in case you missed the conspiracy thread from marco:

The chinese name of the Bit Corporation was Pu Se ... Renaming the Games from bitCorp to Puzzy (= Pu Se) was probably an attemp to cover up the origin of those carts to escape legal trouble.

i read on a chinese blog that the company tried to pass as a korean company at some point as they were scared to get in trouble with the law ...

make a lot of sence, since they were probably also behind the bootlegging of many more titles and the release of a lot of 'labels' ... possibly funvision, ktel, quelle and many more ...

i started a book project after last years exhibition i held in berlin, and if i get a good budged from a publisher, then i'll probably travel to taipe/taiwan and will do a lot more research on that subject ... until then i'll try to collect as much information as possible about the company and it's affiliations ...

The chinese name of the Bit Corporation was Pu Se ... Renaming the Games from bitCorp to Puzzy (= Pu Se) was probably an attemp to cover up the origin of those carts to escape legal trouble.

I think it was the other way around.

The company was Bit Corporation all the way, but the name Puzzy on their carts was changed into Bit.

IMO Puzzy carts were released before Bit carts.

Also, I don't think that Funvision and K-Tel Vision have anything to do with Bit Corporation, besides the fact that they're both Taiwanese companies.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

The company was Bit Corporation all the way, but the name Puzzy on their carts was changed into Bit.

Also, I don't think that Funvision and K-Tel Vision have anything to do with Bit Corporation, besides the fact that they're both Taiwanese companies.

8)

wasn't it puzzy stickers on bit corp boxes? i think the bit corp company/name already existed before they went into the atari market ...

also many bitcorp games reappeared with different titles or different cases/labels/designs ... so i wouldn't be surprised if they came out the same company ...

8)

wasn't it puzzy stickers on bit corp boxes? i think the bit corp company/name already existed before they went into the atari market ...

also many bitcorp games reappeared with different titles or different cases/labels/designs ... so i wouldn't be surprised if they came out the same company ...

I think Rom is correct,i havent seen any puzzy stickers on top of a bitcorp box,mine is printed on the box,also the bitcorp serial numbers go a lot higher than puzzy serial numbers..

Motocross (SS-022) - Rick, Tom, Pangasinan

Mole Hunter (SS-023) - Marco, Pangasinan, E-bay guy

Ski Run (SS-024) - Rick, Marco, weaselbrains

Treasure Island (SS-026) - Jens, Pangasinan

Firebug (SS-028) - Omegamatrix, Jens

Skydiver (SS-030) - Tom, Marco (2x)

Walker (SS-032) - Marco

Panda (Quest) (SS-035) - Rick, Tom, Marco

Criminal Persuit (SS-036) - Rick, Pangasinan

Anyone elso owns one of these?

8)

But arent the ones Jens own prototypes ??,if so should they be counted ??

Rom,

What about the fact that games like Galactic (funvision) is the same as Galactic (suntek) in both Rom/picture art. Bitcorp on the other hand shares games with Homevision (e.g. Phantom Tank and Tanks War). Then you have the obvious link between Homevision and Suntek (e.g. Molehunter and Topy). So unless there was some pirating going on between these 2 pirates, I can't see how they are not in some way related...

Rom,

What about the fact that games like Galactic (funvision) is the same as Galactic (suntek) in both Rom/picture art. Bitcorp on the other hand shares games with Homevision (e.g. Phantom Tank and Tanks War). Then you have the obvious link between Homevision and Suntek (e.g. Molehunter and Topy). So unless there was some pirating going on between these 2 pirates, I can't see how they are not in some way related...

Although it carries the same label artwork, Galactic from Funvision is not the same game as Galactic from Suntek.

AFAIK there's no direct link between Funvision and Bit Corporation.

That statement is only based on assumptions.

8)

Rom,

Although it carries the same label artwork, Galactic from Funvision is not the same game as Galactic from Suntek.

8)

I find it hard to believe that two companies taht weren't related would come up with the same artwork and the same name for albeit a different game...

Rom,

8)

I find it hard to believe that two companies taht weren't related would come up with the same artwork and the same name for albeit a different game...

It's true that Funvision and Suntek have some (artwork) connection, but I just can't find any direct link between Funvision and Bit Corporation.

8)