devwebcl 0 3  
Bunsen 0 1  
Hornpipe2 0 1  
krupkaj 0 1  
pseudografx 0 1  
Edited by Goochman

377,400 ... I beat my last Atariage score, which was like 240,000. :D

Some tips:

1) the first four levels you can wander about and hunt monsters, after that, good to bunker in as soon as you can.

2) I died the most to those monster appearing practically right next to me when they came in. When you bunker in, watch the radar but just keep firing. (Never know when one will appear and if you are shooting one direction in the bunker, that takes care of 50% of the ways they can get you.

3) Once a monster fires at you, you have two choices, move out of the way of the fire, or kill the monster, which stops a shot in motion. Odd to me, but hey.. anyway, most often monsters will fire, and then vere off, be careful of that.

4) The Worlock is not that big a problem, just approach with guns blazing from a cautious distance.

5) The Wizard of Wor is one that I believe is programmed to appear BEHIND you. When he disappears, throw a shot behind you real quick. Amazing how many times that works.

6) The Pit at level 13 is the screen you save up your lives for. I generally try to work from the bottom corner. Open to suggestions.

7) The game resets at level 21. It was odd fighting monsters at level 1 speeds (slow) when I was used to fast. It almost threw me off. Restarting the game is not so bad, if you can repeatedly beat the Pit. I died on the Pit (level 13) the second time around.

post-4709-1210475368_thumb.jpg

You know, I just realized... the monsters turning invisible... I wonder if the arcade game programmers did that mainly so the processor would only have to update the image of a few monsters on the screen at one time?

(And the rest of the time have them as blocks on a radar?)

This JUST occurred to me. Those cheats!!! :D

You know, I just realized... the monsters turning invisible... I wonder if the arcade game programmers did that mainly so the processor would only have to update the image of a few monsters on the screen at one time?

(And the rest of the time have them as blocks on a radar?)

This JUST occurred to me. Those cheats!!! :D

Doubtful since the level starts with the max blue enemies (ie, 8 dragons - when 1 is killed then the yellow/red guys come out) - so at first you have all of the on :)

This game brings back memories, in high school, there was a wizard of wor machine in the pizza place across the street from the school. Cost me more than a few "lates" for 6th period! My friend Ken and I could play for a very long time in 2 player "cover your buddies rear" style =D

post-7524-1211511578_thumb.png

Okay guys... since I can't seem to modify the chart... here are the standings thus far:

Player

Score

doctorclu

poobah

_Fandal_

Deteacher

Goochman

Shannon

JellE