IGNORED

A contest for guitarists/bassists

Atari freak 1

The first person who I think has the coolest rig, wins

a super-d-doopper guitar pick signed by me!

Try to beat this!

(Only bassists will think this is cool)

1974 black rickenbacker 4001 bass

New Ampeg SVT pro 3 amp

a very crappy speaker cab,

A peavey 2x10 that only handles 175 watts and the amp is 450!

Theres a prize for the first guitarist to correctly identify which game this is the background music for -

e---------------------+--------------------+

b---------------------+--------------------+

g---------------------+---6---6---8-------+

d------7---7-7-7----+--------------------+

a--7-------------7---+--------------------+

E---------------------+--------------------+ then repeat

Adam

Looks like Pressure Cooker.

Anyway, here's my current set-up:

Gibson Epiphone 6-string.

CF

(P.S. By the way, Wobbler, please just humor me here -- I know it doesn't really matter -- but change the quote under your member name to spell "Zeppelin" correctly -- they're my favorite band and it makes my teeth hurt when I see it misspelled that badly...please don't take offense :D :D :D )

Looks like Pressure Cooker.

Anyway, here's my current set-up:

Gibson Epiphone 6-string.

CF

(P.S. By the way, Wobbler, please just humor me here -- I know it doesn't really matter -- but change the quote under your member name to spell "Zeppelin" correctly -- they're my favorite band and it makes my teeth hurt when I see it misspelled that badly...please don't take offense  :D  :D  :D )

Well done for spotting that however, its a tribute to the Deep Zen Pill favoured by certain types.

Adam

you slick bitches should jam with joe sometime im mean on my bad ass custom fender stratocastor. i got a BIG amp and when i say bit i mean LOUD. i think you fellas would like to jam sometime like how we did it back in the good old days. thanx joe!

Instead of 'the coolest rig' why don't you try to see who can play good despite what rig he's playing on. :D

i.e. whether it be a Les Paul and a half stack, or a Strat and a tube-combo, or a cheap Hohner and a 10 watt solid state, or a 12 string Martin acoustic, or a standard steel string acoustic, or a classical guitar... What can you play on it? ;) A good player will still sound good no matter what rig is placed before him ;)

However, to answer the question I have lots of gear accumulated over the years which right now is about 10 electrics and 4 acoustics. My main rig I use for gigging right now though is:

Peavey Classic 50 4x10 combo amp

Les Paul Custom or a 80's Fender HM Strat

Mesa Boogie V-Twin Pedal for distortion

and an occasionally used Boss delay peddle.

...simple but gets the job done night after night :P

Yep a Black Les Paul Custom. :) My momma bought it for me back in 83 during high school since I was such a good boy and got good grades :P Back then they normally went for about 800-1200 max, and I think mine was $899. But now I see Les Pauls for much more than that which is pretty crazy!

However it has chrome hardware (not gold). I thought the chrome looked cooler back then.. but if I bought it now, I guess I would probably choose the gold. Doesn't matter though.. it's my baby so if you steal it I'd have to make it my life's mission to seek you out and destroy you :lol: ;)

The 'rig' is of no importance whatsoever.

But in a contest of who has the coolest rig, it does.

You talk of it so visually though. If I am shut in a room where i cannot see the musician, I could hear one person play and it might sound crap, he could have the best rig in the world but who cares, it sounds crap and sound is whats important.

Then you could hear the next musician who could take a battered and beaten £50 Squire Strat and make it sound as though it is being played by the ghost of Hendrix himself. Who has the best rig then? Thats the point i'm trying to get across.

Adam

Wow a lot of us on AA play. Anyway here's the electric stuff.

My whole family is left handed, everythings strung for a lefty.

67 Gibson Flying V

80's Japanese Righty Strat

90's Mexican Lefty Strat

Sweet flea market Bass - Unknown Teisco Del Ray or equivilent, but it plays good.

Marshall stack

Ampeg VT 22

several little studio amps

lots of effects, some from the 70's

And I'm a great mediocre guitarist. :)

-Chuck

Thats the point i'm trying to get across.

Beleive me, I got your point from the first time you said about the rig

not mattering,but you don't get my point, All I'm asking for is people

to tell me what they use for gear, and seeing who's is coolest, I by no means said that if you have the coolest rig, it makes you great and cool player, I was just making a contest for great prize,

I mean, would you want me to make a contest of who's the better player?

I mean let's say everybody submitted a WAV of them playing and I seen who was better, and picked someone, wouldn't that make the other people feel at least a little bad, I'm not saying were all 6 years old would all go crying to mom, but let's say someone has been playing forever and sounded OK. then some guy who just has natural talent and has been playing for only a couple years comes and blows that guy away, wouldn't

that make that guy feel bad at least a little.

just my 2 cents...