IGNORED

IGN hates Haze

bdog_147

Me too. IGN isn't the only bad review either, there are lots. I was really really really hoping the things I noticed in the demo were just unfinished, like the dumbass AI, screen tearing, horrible dialog, and kinda not so nice graphics, but I guess that IS the finished product. Guess the PS3 will still remain a movie player for who knows how long.......again.

Crap, I didnt think the demo was terrible. Kinda reminded me of a cross between Far Cry and Halo. 4.5 is pretty dismal. I'll still probably pick this one up when the price drops. I suspect that'll be in the near future.

I downloaded the demo and gave it a play. Wasn't overly impressed with it, especially considering all the hype on websites that the game generated. I put the game on my GameFly list and will see if I enjoy the full game anymore than the demo.

One thing I find funny about all the reviews for Haze, though: many are comparing Haze to to other recent FPS's like Halo, Resistence, and the grand-daddy Call of Duty 4. Because they are using comparisons, the reviewers appear to give Haze a lower mark, like 4.5 out of 10 stars.

So that makes me wonder, why doesn't the reviewer say "Hey, Haze is a lot better than Turning Point, Medal of Honor: Vanguard, and Battle For The Pacific so we are giving the game 7 of 10 stars" ???

Mendon

I downloaded the demo and gave it a play. Wasn't overly impressed with it, especially considering all the hype on websites that the game generated. I put the game on my GameFly list and will see if I enjoy the full game anymore than the demo.

One thing I find funny about all the reviews for Haze, though: many are comparing Haze to to other recent FPS's like Halo, Resistence, and the grand-daddy Call of Duty 4. Because they are using comparisons, the reviewers appear to give Haze a lower mark, like 4.5 out of 10 stars.

So that makes me wonder, why doesn't the reviewer say "Hey, Haze is a lot better than Turning Point, Medal of Honor: Vanguard, and Battle For The Pacific so we are giving the game 7 of 10 stars" ???

Mendon

Very good point.

No it isn't. People reading a review and contemplating a $60 purchase don't want to know that a game is a little better than one of the million forgettable crappy games in the same genre, they want to know how it stacks up against the best.

Besides:

Haze - 56%

Turning Point - 44%

Battle For The Pacific - 41%

So they are saying it's better, just not that much better. :P

Well, Haze was supposed to be another "Halo Killer" and it keeps the tradition of all the other "Halo Killers" by not even coming close. I play Halo every day almost. 6 1/2 years of playing that series and I never get bored. Haze OTOH, bored me within 15 minutes. I am going to suffer through it and get it on Ebay the second I am finished. I would encourage everyone to skip this crap even when it's $5 new.

Ok, I have to go play some more Halo now :)

Edited by Starscream

Well, Haze was supposed to be another "Halo Killer" and it keeps the tradition of all the other "Halo Killers" by not even coming close. I play Halo every day almost. 6 1/2 years of playing that series and I never get bored. Haze OTOH, bored me within 15 minutes. I am going to suffer through it and get it on Ebay the second I am finished. I would encourage everyone to skip this crap even when it's $5 new.

Ok, I have to go play some more Halo now :)

Are you playing the champaign only or have you taken the game online? Maybe the game excels at online??

(Grasping at straws)

Not worth $5 is pretty bad.