IGNORED

Sudoku for ColecoVision

Pixelboy

Then I got your wrong. I thought your where adding digits and check if a valid solution is still possible.

The check I do is to determine if an inserted number breaks any rules; if it does, I rollback one step, and if I detect an impass, I rollback from the start. The solution is found when the algorithm manage to fill all spaces in the grid.

And I want to create Sudokus with just one solution and symmetry.

Better look somewhere else then, because my algorithm isn't that advanced. It's a quick-and-dirty implementation that just gets the job done. :)

Hi,

just thought I'd share this:

A guy called Karsten was working on a sudoku game for the Texas Instruments TI-99/4A recently (which by the way shares the same video processor as the colecovision)

Unfortunatly he has cancelled the project for now. I hope he will pick-up the project again as his game looked real nice.

Anyway, If you want to see some screenshots for some color combinations then take a look at http://ti994asudoku.wordpress.com

Filip

Hi,

A guy called Karsten was working on a sudoku game for the Texas Instruments TI-99/4A recently (which by the way shares the same video processor as the colecovision)

Unfortunatly he has cancelled the project for now. I hope he will pick-up the project again as his game looked real nice.

Anyway, If you want to see some screenshots for some color combinations then take a look at http://ti994asudoku.wordpress.com

Filip

We made a Sudoku for the MSX some time ago. Not sure if it is suitable for porting (and considering this one being developed, it's probably not a good idea to port anyway).

Screenshot can be found on the msxdev'06 site (ranked 3rd, scroll down a bit).

Hi,

Filip

We made a Sudoku for the MSX some time ago. Not sure if it is suitable for porting (and considering this one being developed, it's probably not a good idea to port anyway).

Screenshot can be found on the msxdev'06 site (ranked 3rd, scroll down a bit).

As long as we're on the subject of porting MSX games, one I'd like to see ported to the ColecoVision would be the recently released BoxBoy. It uses essentially the same graphic mode as the CV, so porting it shouldn't be too hard.

As long as we're on the subject of porting MSX games, one I'd like to see ported to the ColecoVision would be the recently released BoxBoy. It uses essentially the same graphic mode as the CV, so porting it shouldn't be too hard.

Not sure if it was released yet. Afaik, the plan was to release at MSXRio'08, but SLotman apparently couldn't make it.

He ported some games from the Coleco to MSX, so from that point of view, he is familiar with the Coleco already. Maybe he can be pursuaded to do a port the other way around (he wasn't that happy with the msx scene atm).

Not sure if it was released yet. Afaik, the plan was to release at MSXRio'08, but SLotman apparently couldn't make it.

He ported some games from the Coleco to MSX, so from that point of view, he is familiar with the Coleco already. Maybe he can be pursuaded to do a port the other way around (he wasn't that happy with the msx scene atm).

Thanks for the info. I might actually try to contact SLotman, if only to have his thoughts on the subject of porting BoxBoy to the CV. :)