• Sounds great, let's do it.
    • I don't like change, forget it.
    • I don't care one way or the other.
  3. 3. Proposed change #3

• Sounds great, let's do it.
    • I don't like change, forget it.
    • I don't care one way or the other.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I have come up with some changes that I thought I would like to implement, but ultimately the decision is up to you guys. Here is a list of my proposed changes:

1. I would like to change the scoring as follows: 1st-12pts, 2nd-10pts, 3rd-8pts, 4th-6pts, 5th-4pts, 6th-2pts, Honorable Mention-1pt.

2. I would also like to give everyone an opportunity every 3 months to earn an extra 12 bonus points. We will have a bonus round that starts the first day of March, June, September, and December. It would run until the last Friday of the month. You will be allowed to submit up to 6 games for a bonus of 2 points per game. You can pick any game on our games list that has been played or hasn't been. However, to get credit for a game you already played in competition you must outscore your high score. The same goes for choosing a game that we play later in the year, in order to get credit for it, you must score higher than your score for the bonus round.

3. I would also like to change the start and end time for the games, just a little bit. The games will start on Saturdays, run approximately 2 weeks and end at 11:30 pm Eastern on Fridays. This gives everyone who hasn't had a chance to play during the two weeks to get a score in after their obligations on that ending Friday.

This is what I have come up with thus far. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions, comments, ideas, criticisms, etc. :)

Also, thanks for having me! :)

I have come up with some changes that I thought I would like to implement, but ultimately the decision is up to you guys. Here is a list of my proposed changes:

1. I would like to change the scoring as follows: 1st-12pts, 2nd-10pts, 3rd-8pts, 4th-6pts, 5th-4pts, 6th-2pts, Honorable Mention-1pt.

2. I would also like to give everyone an opportunity every 3 months to earn an extra 12 bonus points. We will have a bonus round that starts the first day of March, June, September, and December. It would run until the last Friday of the month. You will be allowed to submit up to 6 games for a bonus of 2 points per game. You can pick any game on our games list that has been played or hasn't been. However, to get credit for a game you already played in competition you must outscore your high score. The same goes for choosing a game that we play later in the year, in order to get credit for it, you must score higher than your score for the bonus round.

3. I would also like to change the start and end time for the games, just a little bit. The games will start on Saturdays, run approximately 2 weeks and end at 11:30 pm Eastern on Fridays. This gives everyone who hasn't had a chance to play during the two weeks to get a score in after their obligations on that ending Friday.

This is what I have come up with thus far. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions, comments, ideas, criticisms, etc. :)

Also, thanks for having me! :)

1. Scoring system - Honestly like the way it is now, or at best make 1st place 10 points so that you have 1st-5th place getting good points. (10,8,6,4,2). 10 points just looks neater anyway. Have to admit, I've had a fun race with Fandal so don't want to mess this up. :D

2. Sounds like roughly what we have going on in the JAguar HSC but this one you just beat your own high score. I like that! :D

3. What do think about this... start on a Sunday, end on a Sunday. A weekend at least. Say early Sunday morning. That made a ok time for a Eurochat.. that would be dinner time in Europe, and morning in the States. Problem with ending on Friday at the time you give I believe that would put it early Saturday morning for them? Well that could work too. Current ending time was always a hastle since I'm usually at work during that time and people in Europe should be off of work. Fun fun. Anyway, my suggestion so that we can be free at home gaming.. start and end on the weekend!

For my past experience I have the following comments:

Bonus contests never seemed to take off - though we tried them a variety of ways/times, participation never was high and with alot of points made it easy for someone to take a big lead. We do have the summer games coming up and had a competition with that (team based) which went well.

Start/Stop days - I ended on a Fri and started on a Mon to give me a fwe days to transition the contests (and maybe a day or 2 off) - but this one is fine.

Points dont matter, but I would adjust after the Season (I ran it on a Calendar year basis) or just start a new season now.

This is what I was thinking... as far as the points go, if we decided to change it, I would adjust them from the beginning of this season. I thought about the 10 point thing, as well... but because I thought it would be neat to do the 6 places (like ribbon places) that it would work out better if it was started from 12 and worked down... or perhaps (10, 8, 6, 4, 3, 2, 1.) I don't know though... seems it might be a hassle.

The reason I thought we could do more bonus games was because there are some people who aren't always available to do the competition... and this gives everyone an opportunity to add some points.

The start/stop doesn't really matter to me, either way. I just thought we would try to stay with what we already have, but make the end time a later, for those who haven't had an opportunity to play and get a score in if they still want to.

After looking at the poll, and taking into consideration the suggestions so far, I have determined it is in every one's best interest to wait until next season (if I am still doing this) before implementing changes to 1 or 2. If for some reason the bonus contests next season don't work out, then we will eliminate those or scale them back to 1 or 2 during the season.

I feel that changing the time will not make a significant difference and therefore will leave the start day as Monday. This is flexible. I will post the new games late on Saturday night/early Sunday morning. You can still play and post your scores prior to Monday, like we do now. The end time will now be at 11:30pm Eastern on Fridays.

If anyone has a problem with this, feel free to reply here or shoot me a PM.

Hey Jelle,

Sounds great!

And BTW, thanks for taking the reins on the HSC.

I'm sure it takes a lot of time to keep it updated and we appreciate the effort you put into it (and a big thanks to Goochman for all these years of fun too!)

-Ken

Hey Jelle,

Sounds great!

And BTW, thanks for taking the reins on the HSC.

I'm sure it takes a lot of time to keep it updated and we appreciate the effort you put into it (and a big thanks to Goochman for all these years of fun too!)

-Ken

It's my pleasure. :)

I would suggest a Summer Games bonus though - that was fun and folks played as a team - though I would make sure the top 3 players dont get on the same team as last time :)

We can do that... I am not sure how to do it though... maybe you can help me out a bit on that Goochman. :)

I would suggest a Summer Games bonus though - that was fun and folks played as a team - though I would make sure the top 3 players dont get on the same team as last time :)

We can do that... I am not sure how to do it though... maybe you can help me out a bit on that Goochman. :)

I'm terrible at games so the scoring system doesn't really matter to me BUT I like the existing scoring system.

Bonus points yeah! Give me a chance to get off the wall of shame!

I suggest (if it hasn't already been suggested) a Saturday midnight (ET) end time. That would give most people at least a little weekend, last minute play.

-Steve Sheppard

Edited by a8isa1