IGNORED

CGE2K2 Report & Pictures Online

Albert

/features/cge2k2/index.htmlAfter relaxing for a few days following last weekend's 2002 Classic Gaming Expo, we've now had time to finish our report from the show. You can read our full report, view several hundred pictures, and even some video from the show. And if you haven't looked yet, we also have a gallery of all the Atari-related games released at the show. You can find links to all these pages from our main CGE2K2 Report page. We had a blast at this year's show and want to thank everyone who stopped by our booth to say Hello!

Very, very cool. Thanks guys for going through all this trouble just for our benefit.

I'm troubled though. When I saw those pictures of myself, the first two thoughts that popped into my head:

1. Christ, I need to lose some weight.

2. Christ, I need to grow some hair.

Ah, vanity. Thy name is Snider-man.

great report, Al you covered everything.

(I'm glad you didn't get a picture of me at show, I try to keep

a low profile at shows.)

I see that you didn't get chance to sell the goat store stuff

kind of figured that you wouldn't be able to.

I have my report up at AVC online's Events page(in case any body else

wants to see it

http://avc.atari-users.net

Dan Iacovelli

Thanks for the kind words, guys, I'm glad you're enjoying the report and pictures. Thanks go out to Joe Grand as he took a good number of the pictures (probably two-thirds of them). The show was a lot of fun, but also a lot of work as a vendor, and I didn't get to roam around the show as much as I would have liked. But I don't have any regrets about that. :D

Dan -- no, I didn't get a chance to sell the Goat Store stuff, unfortunately. However, I can put it up on our AtariAge store to sell it. I did receive your email but haven't had a chance to respond yet. My cable modem has been dead for the last day and I had to finish all the CGE2K2 stuff at Alex's today just so I could get it online. And I'm typing this on a friend's TiBook, leeching internet access from yet another person. :) Needless to say, I'm calling SWBell first thing in the morning to order a DSL line.

..Al

@StanJr - she had a car accident a couple of days before the show and hence couldn't make it :(

@Albert - hey, I'm actually in a couple of these heh...

I was chatting to Warren about Adventure and some other stuff in the one face shot pic taken (most of the time pics are of the back of my head!). And then not mentioned in the caption, typical :P

That pic of Matt Reichart in the "tear down" page is a classic though :D

Great snapshots!

Snider-man, I've been going off your DigitalPress members photo as a mental picture of who you are. These pictures make you look completely different.

Tempest, I know what you look like but the camera has you possessed in one picture, and extremely daffed-out in another. (snickers) Almost as bad as the pics of me at he bar in Philly last spring. [/shudder].

Cassidy, Albert, Joe Grand, these guys looked the same as I remember them from Philly.

Great pics. It brought back wonderful memories. I wish I knew a picture was being taken at the booth so I could have removed the camera from around my neck :)

I know you guys did a lot of work but had no idea you did that much. If I knew you were putting together boxes in the other room I would have volunteered to help. Next event I attend count me in to help in any way I can. BTW did you guys ever get lunch on Saturday?

I hope the tapes of the sessions turned out okay.

Just read about the last minute making of the Thrust+ boxes. Very funny. :)  

And I'm glad, that I'm a programmer only. :D

Heheh I was on label duty for Thrust+ with Albert and Billy Eno. Although the lables were great, peeling them off the backing was not fun! Hopefully next time they will have a break in the backing paper to make them easier to remove. I think cleanly removing them from the backing was the most tedious part of the label operation. :)

Just got back from the honeymoon last night. Literally, Nicole and I went to the show and then took 7 more days in Vegas for the honeymoon.

Al, Alex, Joe; seriously, thanks. You guys worked so hard to get all this together, and it looks great. Your work made for a great show, and wonderful memories afterwards.

For those of you interested in the Tech-end of the carts, Joe's proto cases, and new cart boards are FLAWLESS! Best I have ever seen, or could have hoped to. Brilliant work.

Amazing dedication to the community, thanks for the pics, cold ones, and good times!

Cassidy

:)

Thanks for the kind words, guys, I'm glad you're enjoying the report and pictures.  Thanks go out to Joe Grand as he took a good number of the pictures (probably two-thirds of them).  The show was a lot of fun, but also a lot of work as a vendor, and I didn't get to roam around the show as much as I would have liked.  But I don't have any regrets about that.  :D

Dan -- no, I didn't get a chance to sell the Goat Store stuff, unfortunately.  However, I can put it up on our AtariAge store to sell it.  I did receive your email but haven't had a chance to respond yet.  My cable modem has been dead for the last day and I had to finish all the CGE2K2 stuff at Alex's today just so I could get it online.  And I'm typing this on a friend's TiBook, leeching internet access from yet another person.  :)  Needless to say, I'm calling SWBell first thing in the morning to order a DSL line.  

..Al

I was glad to finally to meet you AL (and alex too).

Re: goat store stuff, you should contact Dan loosen about selling his stuff in the atari age store. I have no say in it. (Do you remeber what the prices was (there was also some jagfest2k1 flyers and programs as well as MWC flyers and programs he told me that can just be given away(aka freebees))

as long you posted the reply here you don't have to e-mail me

Dan Iacovelli