IGNORED

8bitdomain

djpubba

In July 2007, I bought an Atari 2600 s-video mod board from 8bitdomain.com. No problem. Took a while but not excessive. Item worked nicely. Everything was cool.

In August 2007, I decided to order from him again. I paid for an Atari 7800 s-video mod from 8bitdomain.com. A few days later, I ended up buying five different modded systems from another AA member including a 7800, so I emailed Mike at 8bitdomain.com asking if I could change my order to a pre-modded 5200 or intellivision. No reply. Weeks went by. Finally in Sept 2007, I asked if I could just have an Intellivision mod. He apologized and said:

"You will have to excuse my lack of response, I have had a death in my family and

will not be available for any Atari related tasks till as least this weekend.

Regards,

mike"

Mid-october comes around and I checked with him again to see if he was caught up and he said yes, and would I like a modded system or just the board. I told him whichever he could ship the fastest.

On March 4 rolls around and still nothing, so I asked for a refund. He replied on March 5 saying he would issue a refund if I told him the Paypal transaction info, which I had already sent him when I asked for the refund. I told him I already gave him that and gave it again.

No refund since then. I sent a couple more requests for a refund, each of which were ignored. So now it's been almost a year since my original order, no item, no refund, no excuses, no nothing.

I tried to file a claim with Paypal but it didn't work. Waited too long or something.

Update: In July 2008, I started posting in every thread he posted things for sale in complaining about my order and this resulted in finally getting my refund.

Edited by djpubba

• 3 weeks later...

OSG has purchased more than 40 AV boards from 8bitdomain in the last few years. All orders had a lead time of 4-7 weeks, which seems acceptable to me, as I expect they are manufactured as they are needed.

Classic system AV circuits is not exactly a 'volume' business, so I take the fabbing delay as an expected thing. I have some knowledge about the demand that exists for these types of electronics, and I'm surprised anyone offers it at all.

I can see how some would see the delay otherwise. However, on a business to business volume basis, I have nothing but good feedback for the product from 8bitdomain.

Just to let everyone know, I started replying to all his posts here where he was selling something asking about my refund and that appears to be what was required to get some action.

I received a pending eCheck that says it should clear by July 9th. If/when it clears, I will let everyone know I finally got my refund.

OSG has purchased more than 40 AV boards from 8bitdomain in the last few years. All orders had a lead time of 4-7 weeks, which seems acceptable to me, as I expect they are manufactured as they are needed.

You mean the whole 10 to15 mins it takes to populate the board? This guy is a crook plain and simple.