IGNORED

Holy moley-Yet another Sniderman 2600 Mystery Cart Giveaway!

Snider-man

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!

Congrats to OESII who was the first to correctly guess the identity of the Mystery Game - 2600 “Radar Lock.” If he’ll send me his address via private message, I’ll fire this great jet-fighter sim off to him.

The Clues Revealed (this is kind of like The Mole, eh?):

1. In one message, I used the words “cruise” and “goose.” Remind you of any movies? That’s right, “Top Gun,” pointing to the gameplay of the Mystery Game.

2. In that same message, I mentioned the number 176. Since the serial numbers of all Atari-manufactured carts for the 2600 begins with “26,” just add those numbers to 176 to get “26176.” That is Radar Lock’s serial/release number.

3. My wife’s earring. 24K=golden. From The Netherlands. Add all these up and you get the band Golden Earring from The Netherlands. This one-hit wonder band only had one song that has lasted from the 1970s to today. That song is “Radar Love” – just 2 letters off from the name of the game itself!

4. In another message, I said “Lock this puppy down.” LOCK, get it?

5. I said it wasn’t a Xonox release when you guys started harping on every double-ender variation known. I also remarked about a “Danger Zone.” “Top Gun” hint again, anyone?

6. In another post, I said that someone’s previous guess was “half-right.” Well, if you look at the guess just above this post of mine, you’ll see that Thomas guessed “Radar.” Like I said, he was “half right.”

7. Oh, and my pal “OTTO?” Well, it has nothing to do with Evil Otto. In one later message I even said ‘clue spelled out.’ In other words, it’s the spelling of “OTTO” that’s the clue. OTTO is a palindrome – a word that spells the same forwards and back. Another palindrome - "Able was I, ere I saw Elba." – appeared in yet another message. And – to the best of my knowledge – RADAR is the only palindrome found in an Atari 2600 cart title. I realize that the company XONOX is also palindromic. (I think Debro picked up on the whole palindrome thing.) Sadly, that wasn’t what I was fishing (Ha!) for.

Hope everyone enjoyed playing. Watch for yet another Sniderman giveaway in the near future.

For the record, everything I’ve ever given away previously has had a rarity rating no higher than 4. However, the next giveaway will be for a 2600 cart with an AtariAge/Digital Press rarity of 7!!! (And none of this “Guess what it is” stuff either. You’re gonna WORK for this one!)

Big prize coming up soon, gang! Stay tuned![/b]

Well if it's the right guess, I feel like I'd have to split it with you Thomas :)

If you are a collector you can have the case and Ii get the board for playing. ;)

Yes, I know the game. :)

I just wanted to know what the clue for 'Lock' could be.

Well if it's the right guess, I feel like I'd have to split it with you Thomas :)

If you are a collector you can have the case and Ii get the board for playing. ;)

Yes, I know the game. :)

I just wanted to know what the clue for 'Lock' could be. :?:

The clue for 'Lock' was in an earlier post where he said we would 'lock' it up soon.

And of course I'll play Thrust, I don't really collect, I just have thousands of games which I'll get around to playing some day. :D

-O