IGNORED

Holy moley-Yet another Sniderman 2600 Mystery Cart Giveaway!

Snider-man

Glad this is over since I would have guessed Private Eye next since Eye is a palindrome (I caught that after I figured out that Otto wasn't a character) and Tim was giving everyone another "crack" at it after each post. I thought crack was a clue to cracking the case like a private eye.

I went with Elevator Action the first time since Otto is the somewhat obscure name of the main character of the game and we were told that it wasn't a CGE release (at least this time).

Funny how you can find unintended clues that lead you to a bunch of different games :D

Aha! "EYE" never crossed my mind as a palindrome. Good eye! (Heh.) And I did remember that Otto was a name for the Elevator action guy, but never thought anybody would make that kind of leap. I expect a ton of Berzerk-VE guesses. Fortunately, Albert got that out of the way in a hurry.

Thanks for playing. The next giveaway will be for an AWESOME game. But it'll be tough (but not Pitfall Harry tough. ;) ) Here's a clue to the next contest. How well do you know Your Friendly Neighborhood Sniderman? It could be worth a rarity "7" cart to ya!

I also was very upset about calling Tim an idiot and that post was far beyond what I think is acceptable. IMO the contest was fun, though I didn't get all of the clues too (who did?), but that's not Tims fault.

I think krisjohn had a very bad day when he made his first post, and that wasn't over when he did his second one. But today he may see things different (I hope).

So please calm down (both of you). Ok?

So please calm down (both of you). Ok?

<deep cleansing breath. hold it. then exhale.>

Hmm. Looking over my reply, is was a bit fury-filled. However, to paraphrase an earlier message:

"Sorry for the venom spewed. While I withdraw the emotion, the base statement(s) stands."

Aww, just been away from the forums for a short while. And of course I miss a Snider-man giveaway... :(

Sad to see it end in flames though. Anyway I like your giveaways Snider-man. They usually last long, giving me lot's of time to come up with lot's of wild guesses :D .

Tim,

For what it's worth, I think your contests are a lot of fun (even though I never have a chance at being knowledgable enough to win them), and they also keep the spirit of generosity on this message board right up front, in case people need to be reminded that (even virtual) friendships, and having fun, are the two most important, relevant things in a classic gaming community.

Major kudos for doing things like this, and I think your clues made a lot of sense.

Your pal,

Chris

Sorry everyone.

Yesterday was a bad day. Row-with-my-boss-might-be-getting-fired bad. Somehow I saw the same crap I was fighting at work somewhere in pretty much everything I did yesterday. I should have just stayed off the forums for 24 hours.

I'm completely wrong. Snider's right, of course.

I was wondering what was up, krisjohn. We've had an amicable relationship, and I couldn't tell *where* the attitude came from. But that didn't mean I had to sit here and eat it, so I called ya on it.

Thanks for the apology. Sorry for the return smack-down. I should've realized you just weren't "you." Water under the bridge. Let's have a beer and move on.

Sorry to have made your life a virtual hell. I'll try not to do so in the future. Here's a hint just for you: Try to avoid any posts titled "Sniderman" or "Giveaway." That should help ease your considerable pain.

I think they're fun even if I never win! :)