IGNORED

Flashcart and Multicart List - All systems

Some the ED64 v2.5 reads the firmware from the SD card, try another one. It might just be having issues with the card. You can also try formatting the card using the Panasonic SD Formatter, just to be safe.

Yep, I tried a different SD card (reformatted it to make sure it was using the right file system) and I downloaded the latest firmware from the Krikzz website. No-go, unfortunately. :(

Austin, if swapping SD cards doesn't help, contact SAG, they'll probably have you return it for exchange or to be fixed. Sounds like a hardware problem on the cart.

Thanks Greg, I'll give SAG a contact later today. No dice yesterday after tinkering with it for an hour or so.

JfMateos, creator of the 16-in-1 Vectrex flash cart and of the Watara flash cart, created a BitCort Gamate flash cart as well :

Note that for now, he doesn't plan to sell them. However, if you have Gamate games that are undumped, he'll be glad to send you one ;)

List of dumped games here :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HJArjfYvjeN8lr6E8TnMN1viEHCVTJ6IXUD2m22sxAI/edit?usp=sharing

If you have games that are not on this list, PM him! (Or me, I'll do the relay)

• 1 month later...

I've been waiting for this one: http://www.retrocollect.com/News/c4cpc-flash-cartridge-for-amstrad-cpc464-plus-6128-plus-gx4000-now-available.html

"Equipped with both a microSD card slot and USB port for loading games, the C4CPC slots into either a GX4000, CPC464 Plus, or 6128 Plus systems as if it was a standard game cartridge."

I'm thinking to buy the EverDrive-64 v3 from Krikzz.

I'm checking his website: http://shop.krikzz.com/EverDrive-64-v3-ED64V30.htm

But even after choosing the NTSC + PAL 'ULTRA CIC' option I read the warning: "IMPORTANT: This cartridge will not work without a CIC chip. User should either buy a cartridge with a CIC chip preinstalled, or obtain a CIC chip from an original N64 cartridge and solder it in manually."

Assuming the cic is a chip, what does it mean? the everdrive doesn't have the cic (and doesn't emulate it) so I need a real cic chip? Then what is the ntsc + pal option?

Another minor question is about the near 100% working games, which game doesn't work?

Thank you very much for your attention.

I'm thinking to buy the EverDrive-64 v3 from Krikzz.

I'm checking his website: http://shop.krikzz.com/EverDrive-64-v3-ED64V30.htm

But even after choosing the NTSC + PAL 'ULTRA CIC' option I read the warning: "IMPORTANT: This cartridge will not work without a CIC chip. User should either buy a cartridge with a CIC chip preinstalled, or obtain a CIC chip from an original N64 cartridge and solder it in manually."

Assuming the cic is a chip, what does it mean? the everdrive doesn't have the cic (and doesn't emulate it) so I need a real cic chip? Then what is the ntsc + pal option?

Another minor question is about the near 100% working games, which game doesn't work?

Thank you very much for your attention.

The ED64 needs a CIC (it's like a lock chip) to boot.

You can choose either :

- buy the ED64 without the CIC, so you'll have to gather a CIC from an original game and solder it yourself

- choose the NTSC option : your ED64 will already be equiped with a NTSC CIC, and it will be able to boot only on NTSC system (but play any region game anyway)

- choose the UltraCIC option : your ED64 will be equiped with a "switchable" CIC so you can choose to boot either in NTSC or PAL mode

About compatibility, i know that Dezaemon 3D has some issue (don't boot or save, can't remember).

Check this link for more information :

http://micro-64.com/

the guy comes from Everdrive forum.

Edited by MockyLock
  • Like 2

About compatibility, i know that Dezaemon 3D has some issue (don't boot or save, can't remember).

I think it doesn't save. There are a few games that have issues that need hacked roms or workarounds. I think the Banjo Kazooie games are like that along with other Rare games.

Thank you guys.

I'm going to take the Pal + Ntsc since I don't plan buying 2 flashcarts and for +7USD it's better to be in the safer side especially when you live outside of USA.

Although I play much more Atari and Intellivision, It's a pleasure to revive systems from your teen gaming era. I can't wait to play Star Wars Rogue Squad.

Thank you guys.

I'm going to take the Pal + Ntsc since I don't plan buying 2 flashcarts and for +7USD it's better to be in the safer side especially when you live outside of USA.

Although I play much more Atari and Intellivision, It's a pleasure to revive systems from your teen gaming era. I can't wait to play Star Wars Rogue Squad.

Well that really depends on the console you will use... If you have an ntscconsole, the pal part would be useless, and viceversa...

• 2 weeks later...

I am sooo excited about the fact that there is a prototype xcart for the atari lynx wich works with micro sd cards,but sadly it's not in production yet but it's atleast shown at an event,also too bad i saw no picture of it anywhere and it's only in fransch but i can make out that will work with roms of max 512KB and that it will obviousely use a os menu to select the rom you want to play,

I absolutely can't wait till it reaches production stage, see it in action and that it will be soon availeble, even if it will cost over $100 dollars i will buy one so i can put all lynx games,howbrews,demo's on just 1 cart without hunting down those real rare expensive cards.

I've been waiting for this one: http://www.retrocollect.com/News/c4cpc-flash-cartridge-for-amstrad-cpc464-plus-6128-plus-gx4000-now-available.html

"Equipped with both a microSD card slot and USB port for loading games, the C4CPC slots into either a GX4000, CPC464 Plus, or 6128 Plus systems as if it was a standard game cartridge."

I ordered one. It's on it's way. Going to use it on my gx4000.

Not sure if I have mentioned this before (first post does not seem to have everything I have mentioned before).

Another MSX cart: http://www.ebsoft.fr/shop/en/home/36-sd-cartridge-sd-drive.html

Is this any different than the Megaflashrom SCC+? That's the one I have and it's really nice.

http://www.msxcartridgeshop.com/

Made a box for my c4cpc, using an old dvd shell. Once i get a cartridge shell, makes switching the gx4000 on a bit easier since the dustcover is now blokking the powerswitch, i will need a bigger box. But for now i think it's great.

Uses some artwork from here and from gx4000.co.uk.

post-5654-0-94783400-1431587585_thumb.jpg

post-5654-0-91101400-1431587594_thumb.jpg

post-5654-0-86087900-1431587621_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Another cartridge which I have somehow missed and have only just found out about (and ordered!)

http://www.multimax.co/

MultiMax is the ultimate cartridge for Commodore Max Machine (also known as Commodore Ultimax) game console. It contains all software titles (a total of 24, many with multiple versions) ever released by Commodore for this machine, selectable from a convenient power-on menu. A reset button is also included so that you do not need to power-cycle your precious machine to start a new game.

This cart is also amazingly cheap. Only $29.99 plus $4.00 shipping worldwide and will also work in a C64 (Commodore 64) if you do not own a Commodore Max Machine.

If you own a Max it looks worth getting just for Bowling and Gorf, as only one cart of each game has ever been found, but Max game carts are generally quite rare and also incredibly hard to find (even in Japan!)

I also recommend a look at this really nice web page: http://c64preservation.com/ultimax which explains more about all the known cartridge releases for the Commodore Max Machine, and the different game versions found.

Edited by StarshipUK

For the lazy, this is what is on the thread and missing from the first two posts. Hopefully PsychedelicShaman will find time to add these to the first two posts as I have spent an evening going through this thread to put this together in front page format.

Commodore Max Machine:

• Multimax: is the ultimate cartridge for Commodore Max Machine (also known as Commodore Ultimax) game console. It contains all software titles (a total of 24, many with multiple versions) ever released by Commodore for this machine, selectable from a convenient power-on menu. A reset button is also included so that you do not need to power-cycle your precious machine to start a new game.

MSX:

• My Super SD Cart: More faster and powerfull than a floppy disk. The SD Cart. use a SD Card (Max 2 Go) to store your files. New : COVOX Module integrated. MSX Can boot on the SD Card with MSXDOS. First partition can exchange files between MSX and a PC. 10x faster than a ordinary floppy drive. Work on MSX1 with at least 64K or Ram in MSX DOS 1 configuration.

3DO:

• 3DO USB Host Controller: A device has been created to replace the CD-ROM of the 3DO with a USB Host Controller. Available for FZ-10, FZ-1 and GDO-101 models. This device is being sold out of Kazakhstan, and you need to contact the person who makes them on Skype or ICQ and wait.

Dreamcast:

• Dreamcast USB-GDROM Controller: A device has been created to replace the GD-ROM of the Dreamcast. This device is being sold out of Kazakhstan, and you need to contact the person who makes them on Skype or ICQ and wait.
  • GDEMU: is an SD card based replacement for the optical drive in Dreamcast console. It is compatbile with VA1 model Dreamcasts from all regions. Being made in Poland.
  • G1-ATA (IDE) adapter: Dreamshell has been updated to handle the new G1-ATA adapter. This adapter looks like a very passive solution (I count zero chips), so my guess is the price should be pretty cheap. This does not require the removal of the GD-ROM. The use of multiple roms with the Dreamshell menu is a feature we've all been waiting for.

Amstrad GX4000 (CPC464 Plus, 6128 Plus):

• C4CPC: C4CPC is a cartridge replacement for the Amstrad Plus range and the GX4000. Coming with its own file browser built in, the C4CPC allows you to jump through the game ROMs you’ve placed onto SD card and load one into memory with the press of a button. Priced up at 60 Euros for the C4CPC cartridge, those interested need to get in touch with the device’s creator Gerald at the CPCWiki forums.

BitCort Gamate:

• Bitcort Gamate Flash Cart: JfMateos, created a BitCort Gamate flash cart. Note that for now, he doesn't plan to sell them. However, if you have Gamate games that are undumped, he'll be glad to send you one.

VTech CreatiVision (Dick Smith Wizzard):

• Multirom by TrevisoRC: This is a homebrew product. 8 Mega-bit EPROM including 31 ROM games/programs. 100% compatible with CreatiVision, Dick Smith Wizzard, Funvision, Rameses, Laser 2001 and Salora Manager.

Sega Saturn:

• Rhea: is an SD card based replacement for the optical drive in Saturn console. This is by Deunan, maker of the GD EMU Dreamcast drive replacement. Currently Rhea only supports Saturns with 20-pin drive. Being made in Poland.
  • IN PROGRESS: Saroo: [Cartridge Slot Interface] It's not easy following progress on this one, due to the language barrier and the lack of updates/interaction. A new version is being designed. Being made in China.
  • IN PROGRESS: Pseudo-Saturn: [Action Replay reflash] Somewhat community collaboration, but this will allow you to reflash an Action Replay, and this will act as a bootloader. I haven't read the thread that well, because it requires work I'd rather not do, but the compatibility is pretty high with burned discs.
  • IN PROGRESS: Satiator: [Expansion/VCD/MPEG Interface] Project began with a full dump of the Saturn's CD-ROM Block, unlocking a number of options. The designer jhl has progressed over several months to a working SD card prototype that should plug directly into the Video CD card port on the left rear of the system. A host of features (menu, region patch, CD audio, USB, etc.) are needed to be worked on, and his free time from work/study is limited. Being made in Japan. The forum thread is deleted and no more information can be found about this.

Enterprise:

• SD Card Interface: An SD Card based device for the Enterprise range of computers. Being produced by SzörG. E-Mail him to order one. Based in Hungary.

Memotech MTX:

• MAGROM: 38 Games and a bit easier to use than the REMEMOrizer.

Sega Pico:

• Flash Cartridge for Sega Pico: Easy and extremely cheap to built! Costs about 10-20euros! 16mbit of Space, so 99,7% of all PICO-Games can be played with it!

Acorn Electron (BBC model B, BBC Master):

• GoSDC: Allows you to store all your software on a single SDHC, SD or MMC flash card. Move all your floppies, harddiscs and tapes to the flash card, give them names, and use them just like before (via the same filing systems).

APF MP-1000:

• SD flash cart: It can load multiple games, and the creator purchased a batch of 50 boards.

TI 99/4A:

• nanoPEB: Compact Flash Drive, Controller and RS232 Port for the TI-99/4a. More info at EBAY AUCTION but no more EBay auctions and original site now seems to be down.
  • CF7+: CF7+ comes with a PIO port and connects to the 99/4a via cable. Easy to mount in a case. Emulates an array of floppy disks and three disk drives. The number of floppies emulated depends upon the size of the CF.

Commodore Amiga 500:

• Accelerator Card ACA-500: Has two CF slots for Kickstart and Games. The ACA500 is currently not compatible with the rare Amiga 500 mainboard Revision 3, and not with NTSC-A500 Rev.5. European Rev.5 boards and all higher revisions work fine.

Game Boy Advance:

• SuperCard Mini SD - There are several versions of the SuperCard supporting either CF, SD or Mini SD, and allows you to play GBA games on a NDS or GBA. Looks like this can still be purchased at: http://www.colorappl...er-p-69466.html It can also play NES games, GB games, PCE games and SMS games.

Intellivision:

• IN PROGRESS: LTO Flash!: USB Flash based cartridge. unlocks the power of your Intellivision video game system. It places your entire game catalog at your fingertips in a single, powerful cartridge. It also opens the door to exciting possibilities for new games to come.
  • IN PROGRESS: HIVE Multi-Cart: This is microSD-based. No updates to the thread about this for some time now.

Commodore 64:

• EasyFlash 3: Flash based cartridge. 8 8kB slots for alternative KERNAL ROM images, 7 EasyFlash I cartridge image slots. EasyFlash can be used on the C64, C64C, and SX64. C128/C128D use is not currently supported.

Thomson MO5, MO5E, MO5NR, MO6, TO7, TO7/70, TO8, TO8D, TO9+ and Olivetti PC128:

• SD Card: What is unusual about this SD card device is it seems to plug into the Joystick Port and then needs a basic program to be manually entered or loaded from Tape, QDD or Disk to be able to access files from the SD Card device, but there is also a chip modification which can be made to a controller expansion pack Also see Here and Here and Here. As well as this Forum Post.
Edited by StarshipUK
  • Like 3