IGNORED

Flashcart and Multicart List - All systems

On 5/27/2023 at 12:33 PM, seastalker_returns said:

I saw that Phode news on retrorgb and wanted to see if there was any chatter yet. It looks VERY promising. I may do one for CD-I. I wonder if it will also support 3DO as a replacement option for the expensive stand alone. My guess on the 'mysteries' teased are support for Amiga CD32 and Jaguar CD. Playstation is interesting, but MiSTer is my go-to now.

I can only comment on the 3DO device, which I feel works quite well in fact.  No complaints here.  Obviously the designer has found a nifty way of transferring his concepts across all these devices.  The pricing leaves much to be desired though.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2023 at 10:13 PM, Greg2600 said:

This is crazy, I think Felix aka flxel has an affordble ODE to nearly every CD based system and then some.

https://www.retrorgb.com/fixel-launches-pre-orders-on-a-multi-console-ode-pcfx.html

Thank you for sharing this. I pre-ordered one. I'll either put it in my Sega CD or CD-i (not sure which yet).

• Like 1

It's nice to know that when the CD drives in my systems die there will be an alternative.  I wonder if a PS2 one will ever be made?  Yes I know you can use a hard drive with it (which is what I do), but adding games to it is a huge pain. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Tempest said:

It's nice to know that when the CD drives in my systems die there will be an alternative.  I wonder if a PS2 one will ever be made?  Yes I know you can use a hard drive with it (which is what I do), but adding games to it is a huge pain. 

Well the "Phode emulator" currently it can interface with Dreamcast (all variants), Saturn (both variants), Playstation (4 variants...more to come), Sega CD (1/2, CDX, XEye), Philips CD-i.  3DO, FM Towns Marty, and newly announced PC-FX ODE's are separate products.  Future systems hinted as named like a "mechanism, feline, and friend," which if I had to guess could be LaserActive, JagCD, and Amiga-CD32. 

Im not sure why someone would feel the need to butcher a working rare and ancient console for the sake of being able to play ROMs on it when theres a million clone consoles out there that play the exact same games just as well and in some cases, better.

glad I have my unmodded 3DO, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast. Its a damn shame more effort doesnt get put into building replacement, brand new laser lenses.

17 hours ago, dudeguy said:

Im not sure why someone would feel the need to butcher a working rare and ancient console for the sake of being able to play ROMs on it when theres a million clone consoles out there that play the exact same games just as well and in some cases, better.

glad I have my unmodded 3DO, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast. Its a damn shame more effort doesnt get put into building replacement, brand new laser lenses.

People using ODE's want to play games with real graphics, sound and control response.

A replacement disc drive also "butchers" hardware as much as any ODE, but you then still can't play the thousands of disc games on rotting media or the endless hacks, translations and homebrews.

Even if there was a reliable supply of quality writable discs ands burners that can produce fully compatible discs, you'll be spending too much of your free time and space burning games.

ODE's also lower demand for collectible games and hardware. Everybody wins.

• Like 4

I'm always glad there are OPTIONS so what I say next is not a negative: The one I'm still trying to fully get my mind in line with is an ODE for Sega Cd. If my laser was shot and not replaceable, I'd think many people would rather save the space and use a cart based solution as a Sega CD ODE. If playing games from SD cards either way, having a bulky CD unit that isn't using it's CD kind of makes Sega-Cd kind of the odd man out, in my view.  If the device was intended for other systems that have yet to have had an ODE and this just so happens to work with the Sega Cd as a bonus... again, options are cool.  I can see wanting to save otherwise dead X-Eye's for their rarity and the CDX for rarity and small form factor though.  I don't think there is an ODE for the PS ONE (later, smaller model), so that would be cool if confirmed compatible [especially if you have the LCD attachment. I will likely stick with MiSTer for PS1 regardless, but... did I say I love options?

The LaserActive would be interesting, though if laserdiscs are analog, I don't think that would work, but I'd love to be wrong.

• 2 months later...

The Story...

While I was developing "MegaDuck Multi Cart", I noticed that there are missing numbers in the games published for "MegaDuck".
This made me do an in-depth research which brought me to the conclusion that all games for "MegaDuck" published by "Sanchen" are the exact same editions as "Game Boy",
and the games for "Game Boy" developed by "Sachen"  are eight more (they’re even more than that actually, but that’s a whole other story).
The new learnings urged me to examine these games in detail and I discovered a few interesting things.
After disassembling "4in1 Sachen pack for GameBoy", I determined that in a piece of the code that is never used,
there’re parts of MegaDuck’s logo and another code that happened to be directly connected to "MegaDuck" and invalid to "Game Boy".

This finding caused me to disassemble these games and stumble upon curious facts that point us to the games being written for "MegaDuck" first and ultimately being recompiled for "Game Boy" later on.

What happened perhaps was this:

The (original) games were either never published due to MegaDuck’s lower popularity or I simply have no relevant data.

The above motivated me to make "The Unreleased" Multi Cart for MegaDuck, containing all the unpublished by "Sachen" games for "MegaDuck" converted from their "Game Boy" editions, is the result.

Catridge contains the following games:

1    DanLaser                    
2    Explosive Brick        
3    Gorrila                        
4    Zoo Block                    
5    Crazy Burger                
6    Deep                            
7    Flea War                        
8    Sky Ace   

MDUnreleased.jpg

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 8/6/2023 at 10:43 AM, PlamenVaysilov said:

The Story...

While I was developing "MegaDuck Multi Cart", I noticed that there are missing numbers in the games published for "MegaDuck".
This made me do an in-depth research which brought me to the conclusion that all games for "MegaDuck" published by "Sanchen" are the exact same editions as "Game Boy",
and the games for "Game Boy" developed by "Sachen"  are eight more (they’re even more than that actually, but that’s a whole other story).
The new learnings urged me to examine these games in detail and I discovered a few interesting things.
After disassembling "4in1 Sachen pack for GameBoy", I determined that in a piece of the code that is never used,
there’re parts of MegaDuck’s logo and another code that happened to be directly connected to "MegaDuck" and invalid to "Game Boy".

This finding caused me to disassemble these games and stumble upon curious facts that point us to the games being written for "MegaDuck" first and ultimately being recompiled for "Game Boy" later on.

What happened perhaps was this:

The (original) games were either never published due to MegaDuck’s lower popularity or I simply have no relevant data.

The above motivated me to make "The Unreleased" Multi Cart for MegaDuck, containing all the unpublished by "Sachen" games for "MegaDuck" converted from their "Game Boy" editions, is the result.

Catridge contains the following games:

1    DanLaser                    
2    Explosive Brick        
3    Gorrila                        
4    Zoo Block                    
5    Crazy Burger                
6    Deep                            
7    Flea War                        
8    Sky Ace   

MDUnreleased.jpg

There are more unreleased Mega Duck games than that, but the others were not released on other systems either. They pop up in old German order forms for the games

Here's a picture of one of those order forms (picture not mine, I just nabbed it)

image.thumb.png.78018f6571ac8515f7eeb1afe7a582d6.png

• 2 months later...

https://docs.flippydrive.com/

New device for Game Cube, the FlippyDrive, is close to release.

Pre-order launching in January 2024.

It will have have the following specs and features:

• No-solder internal install into the original Disc Drive slot
  • Load Games from SD Card
  • Load Games over WiFi (RPi / PC / NAS)
  • No Software Patching (Games can run Stock)
  • Built-in Game Selection without using Swiss (Based on cubeboot)
  • Also Support for loading Games with Swiss
  • Uses commodity RP2040+ESP32 parts making a shortage unlikely
  • Original Nintendo Disc Drivers are not destroyed to get connectors
  • Keep your original Disc Drive installed and play physical Discs (optional)

Upcoming Features (Early 2024)

• Bluetooth Controller support
  • Configuration with BLE using PC or Phone

Upcoming add-ons (Early 2024)

• USB Drive Loader (Including SSD/HDD adapters)
  • USB Game Controller support

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...