IGNORED

Gamer from southern maine

Hello all,

Im AJ_Maine_Man i live in southern Maine. I collect Colecovison and Atari 2600 stuff (I just buy stuff I need and sometimes if its a rare find and cheap ill buy it)

I just started hunting for stuff again its been about 10 yrs since my last time I was searching for stuff and it seems like Im not having much luck looking this time around.

here are a couple of places i have checked for games so far.

1)Saco Maine flea market near funtown spashtown = alot of Nes,super Nes and sega games up there I noticed the NES games were priced high some where 8 bucks.

I did find a Atari Flashback 2 in good condition that I got for 5 bucks :) ohhh they also had Dreamcast games I noticed

2)Biddeford Maine goodwill= new store very nice inside and they had about 10-15 Nes games at .99 each a golden zelda game was there also they had about 10 or so Sega games Im not sure if it was the master system or genisis they were marked 2.99 each.

3)Sanford Maine goodwill= Nothing

4)Lebenon Maine flea market on route 202 = 1 dealer had about 20-30 atari 2600 games I grabbed 5 and he gave me 2 fee colecovison games that had no labels at all (he didn't know what system they where for untill i told him) they were 1 buck each

5)Salvation Army in saugus mass route 1 = I go there often on my lunch breaks ,since I work close by about 10 years ago they got alot old stuff in there often one time There was a colecovison in there in the box in pretty good condition (looking back i wish i bought it :(

well now it seem's real fishy in there I swear there are older guys just stalking the store like there pro hunters or something. everytime I go in there there are middle aged-old guys hanging out in there areound the furiture and home goods/electronic section so far i havent seen any games in there at all they do have 2 playstations in there for i think it was 10 bucks each (they are near the cashiers in a glass case)

6)salem mass near the court house/downtown area =Jerry's he sells all kinds of old used stuff the oldest game i could find in there was 1 NES game priced around 8 bucks.

I figured since good stuff is so hard to find we need to help each other out :)

does anyone know if the used video game store in malden is still there? I tryed looking it up only and can't find it at all. along time ago I got a few boxed atari 2600 games from them 1 was a boxed Jedi arena (i was so happy that day lol)

Im looking for a number of games if anyone in the area has extra's for sale or trade (I really don't have alot to trade) here is my want list

Colecovison games ( I do prefer good condition labels)

Mr.Do

Atari 2600 Games

Flag capture

Krull

Megamania

Keystone Kapers

H.E.R.O

Encounter at L-5

Trickshot

Lock & chase

Star wars The empire strikes back

Edited by AJ_Maine_Man

The Malden guy? There were two actually, the guy with the backyard wrestling kids (Jim Scanner) and the guy with Yugi-oh stuff. The one guy, with the wrestling kids used to have the front end of that antique place on Ferry St and then later a place on the main drag. Anyways he got shut down, I believe it was for modding but it coulda been for being late on rent. I last ran into him a year or two ago selling stuff at the Revere Flea. His prices were never that great anyways and all of his stuff was super beat up looking.

The other guy called himself Crazy Jimi and was some sorta grand master at Magic and Yugi-oh. He had the store with all those creepy 12 year olds hanging around. He used to be really good for deals and then he started running ebay searches as you brought things to the counter. He had a store on the main drag for years then he closed it and moved to a place along the train tracks but that soon went under and I havent seen him since.

Hello. (me raises hand as old guy that stalks goodwills in southern Maine)

Have you had any luck finding colecovison or Atari 2600 stuff in southern Maine?

Also

does anyone know of a place where I can get a SN74LS541N (IC chip)? I need to repair 1 of my colecovison's.

I did find a few places online but the shipping was kinda steep for such a cheap IC (if i can't find a store to get one then ill just bite the bullet and buy one online)

Hey, welcome to the neighborhood. I went flea marketing with my girl in NH this weekend. Checked out the "Pink Elephant" market and a few others. Picked up a few cool games, but found that most of the people want way too much for their stuff. I did see a guy selling a complete Genesis for $5. Would have picked it up, but have 3 already. :D I drop by the Goodwill on Rt. 1 (pretty sure this is the one you are talking about, next to Bob's furniture, right?) when I am in the area. So far, I have come across an N64 with a few NIB games and the playstations that you mentioned. Not much else. There are definitely some guys who stalk that place. I see the same faces when I go into the electronics area.

I have some of the games on your list. I am at work now, but will post what I have when I get home tonight. I live in Woburn (just sw of the 128/93 interchange).

Dane

Hey, welcome to the neighborhood. I went flea marketing with my girl in NH this weekend. Checked out the "Pink Elephant" market and a few others. Picked up a few cool games, but found that most of the people want way too much for their stuff. I did see a guy selling a complete Genesis for $5. Would have picked it up, but have 3 already. :D I drop by the Goodwill on Rt. 1 (pretty sure this is the one you are talking about, next to Bob's furniture, right?) when I am in the area. So far, I have come across an N64 with a few NIB games and the playstations that you mentioned. Not much else. There are definitely some guys who stalk that place. I see the same faces when I go into the electronics area.

I have some of the games on your list. I am at work now, but will post what I have when I get home tonight. I live in Woburn (just sw of the 128/93 interchange).

Dane

Hi Dane,

Ya thats a Salvation Army next to the Bob's furniture store on Rt 1 saugus. I have been going there a couple times a week now on my lunch break and still no luck there they did have 1 genesis game there the other day (but no colecovision or atari)

I went to the Dover,NH goodwill on sunday (july 13) and they had alot Genesis games but they were marked 4 dollars each they also had a x-box for 35 bucks and a genesis system for cheap(i forget price) The dover goodwill is a nice clean store.

There's a indoor flea market in Rochester nh and a guy had a few boxed super nintendo games and 2 ps1'a he didnt seem to know much at all about video games i bet I could have got them all cheap but since money's tight I just try to get stuff i really need.

Yeah, I hear you about money being tight. But damn, it is soo hard to pass up of stuff. :D It was hard for me to pass up a $5 Genesis in NH, even though I already have four! Haven't been to the Rt 1 store in a few weeks, might stop by after some surfing today. I will keep you posted on what I find. If you are ever on Mass Ave in Cambridge, there are two thrift stores (Salvation ARmy and Goodwill) near Central Sq. that have shown me some love now and again. And I just discovered a new place in Harvard Square inside the little mall where Newbury Comix is located. Can't remember the name of the store, but it specializes in Anime and Japanese games, movies and what not. They had a few common Atari and Genesis games, but a ton of imported Japanese stuff for all systems. I am not famliar with these types of games, and they seemed pretty damn expensive ($30 - $60 each :roll: ) but perhaps that is normal for inports (anyone have any input on this?). Cool store though. Have to go back when I have more time to shop.

Dane

Yeah, I hear you about money being tight. But damn, it is soo hard to pass up of stuff. :D It was hard for me to pass up a $5 Genesis in NH, even though I already have four! Haven't been to the Rt 1 store in a few weeks, might stop by after some surfing today. I will keep you posted on what I find. If you are ever on Mass Ave in Cambridge, there are two thrift stores (Salvation ARmy and Goodwill) near Central Sq. that have shown me some love now and again. And I just discovered a new place in Harvard Square inside the little mall where Newbury Comix is located. Can't remember the name of the store, but it specializes in Anime and Japanese games, movies and what not. They had a few common Atari and Genesis games, but a ton of imported Japanese stuff for all systems. I am not famliar with these types of games, and they seemed pretty damn expensive ($30 - $60 each :roll: ) but perhaps that is normal for inports (anyone have any input on this?). Cool store though. Have to go back when I have more time to shop.

Dane

I never head in to the boston area, I work in peabody and live in southern maine so I been looking for places to check inbetween those area's. I did go to the salvation army in downtown lynn (i grew up in lynn) The store is real small and they had only 1 thing for a NES system I wasnt sure what it was but it was some kind of remote thing for it. I don't think ill be heading back to downtown lynn anytime soon (it seems to just get worse and worse)

I really miss the days when you could go to any thrift store/flea market ect and see tons of atari stuff :(

Does anyone know if the fleamarket on the Lynnway where building 19 and MR. T's mini mall is still there on the weekends???

Mr T's mini mall used to have like flea market vendor's in there I once got a box of atari games in there for 40 bucks and some where beat so I open one up that was broken and there were dead cockroaches in the case (they must have been there for a long time it seemed) the gross part was I was prying the thing apart cause it was stuck and they kinda flew all over me YUCK......

thank god they were old and long dead,,,,,I can just imagine explaining to my wife "honey we have roaches now because Of my collecting atari carts :) "

So now when ever i see a cart that has any kinda holes where bugs could crawl in i think of that.

Edited by AJ_Maine_Man

• 4 weeks later...

There's always Bullmoose in S Portland and Windham for some older stuff. Nothing spectucular but I did get Kool Aid Man at the Windham one for $2ish. There's a nice store in Augusta if you're willing to travel - right on Main St. Slightly overpriced (I think he prices somewhat ebay based) but still good stuff for NES era on.

There's always Bullmoose in S Portland and Windham for some older stuff. Nothing spectucular but I did get Kool Aid Man at the Windham one for $2ish. There's a nice store in Augusta if you're willing to travel - right on Main St. Slightly overpriced (I think he prices somewhat ebay based) but still good stuff for NES era on.

That would be "Video Game Exchange".

• 2 weeks later...
I did see about 4 commons at the south portland store about 5 months ago. Do they still buy old stuff?? Im wondering if I should go back and check them out again?

I'm not certain if they still buy old stuff or not - the amount of stuff they have has definately dwindled over the past few months. There were a few indoor flea market/pawn shops on the main drag in Oxford that I went to last summer that had a fair amount of Atari stuff too - not sure about Colecovision though...

And yes, that was Video Game Exchange - it's actually a pretty decent shop.

Edited by n8littlefield

• 2 months later...

There is a store on Congress Street in downtown Portland called "Strange Maine" that has a nice little of corner inside that frequently contains used video games and ocassionally a system. I got my fully working (including controllers) 5200 there. I recently saw a nice lot of Intellivison games there and wish I had a system or at least the $$ at the time to buy them up.

As for the flea market on rt1 in Saco, I got my 2600 there a few years back and a huge lot of carts. Also got my Sears Telegames Pinball/Breakaway unit there for $25.

There is a store on Congress Street in downtown Portland called "Strange Maine" that has a nice little of corner inside that frequently contains used video games and ocassionally a system. I got my fully working (including controllers) 5200 there. I recently saw a nice lot of Intellivison games there and wish I had a system or at least the $$ at the time to buy them up.

As for the flea market on rt1 in Saco, I got my 2600 there a few years back and a huge lot of carts. Also got my Sears Telegames Pinball/Breakaway unit there for $25.

I'll have to check out "Strange Maine" next time im Portland to visit my sister. There is also that indoor flea market off from Riverside Drive in Portland that's open all year on weekends. The crazy lady who runs all the retro games uses e-bay now as a price guide though and as such is Waaaay overpriced.