IGNORED

In game XMB and Trophies detailed (video)

Lord Helmet

Good stuff and all this only a year and a half after launch!!?? Didn't they have an extra year on MS when they released the PS3?

What were they doing with that extra time, just sitting around with their thumbs up their ass waiting for the cost of the Blu-Ray components to come down? :lol:

Seriously this does sound like a good update. I'll be poised ready for the download 2morrow.

Hmmm...pretty cool but yet....there are very little games if any that have trophy's it seems.

Maybe I need to load up each game I have and test to see if a patch exists.

Anyone know if there is a list somewhere of which games have been patched for trophies?

I like the way you can switch games on the fly. Nice update.

Anyone know if there is a list somewhere of which games have been patched for trophies?

The first two games to support Trophies will be the Sony-published PixelJunk Eden (we saw the XMB screen, but not the game, unfortunately) and Super Stardust HD. The former will be the first PS3 title to feature trophies right out of the gate; the latter will add them via a downloadable update.

Here's the unfortunate news: you'll need to earn Trophies in games that are patched to include them even if you've already completely beaten the game. For example, if GTA IV received a trophy update, you'd need to play through it again – even if you achieved 100% completion – in order to earn its Trophies. "You earn a platinum Trophy for unlocking every other trophy in a game for ultimate bragging rights."

From the sound of things, though, there's not a lot of movement in terms of already-released titles receiving Trophy support. According to Sony, developers would need to go back in and add the "trigger values" that unlock a Trophy, something we could only expect larger developers to undertake on titles that already have Xbox 360 achievements.

Sounds like this is going to be more of a going forward thing.

Downloaded it, installed it, and using it.

Got my first trophy, a bronze, for completing the Lave stage in Stardust. I like the clock and date display in the XMB. Music isn't fully supported yet through the XMB, though you can play your songlists within Stardust and Pain (using the Jukebox option). Messaging still isn't fully implemented. It did a small upgrade to the PS Store also, allowing you to view items by text (with price) rather than a picture.

I still have a lot of exploring to do to see everything that is included in the Update but so far I like it and am not displeased at all. Kudo's to Sony!

Mendon

After a check online it looks like they have pulled the Update for some reason.

I hope it wasnt because the update was killing systems.

They pulled it because there was a problem with certain harddrives getting errors after the install, which can be fixed by re-formatting. They will most likely release a new flash in the next couple of days.

They pulled it because there was a problem with certain harddrives getting errors after the install, which can be fixed by re-formatting. They will most likely release a new flash in the next couple of days.

:ponder:

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,2845,2324612,00.asp

Owners of every model of PS3 are reporting problems ranging from the small -- microphone's cutting out -- to the monumental -- consoles remaining frozen at the initial wave screen.

:(

I didn't really mess with mine much after I installed the update. Is there a way to downgrade?

:ponder:

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,2845,2324612,00.asp

"Unfortunately, the only currently known fix for those with a non-operational system is a save game-erasing hard drive reformat. "

:ponder: :ponder:

No, you can't downgrade. Don't worry about it though, the next update will be 2.41 and you'll upgrade again.

No probs here with 2.41. In game XMB loads a littler slower than I would like but everything else seems cool. Hopefully they can speed up the in game XMB in future releases.

One question I had though. I've seen several places saying 2.4/2.41 has a new mini control panel for music playback but I can't seem to find it....any ideas?

What other features do you guys hope for in the future?

-T