IGNORED

Informations/details about a 2600 clone: "Sankyo 192 games inside" ?

Rastignac

I'm looking for informations/details about an Atari VCS 2600 clone: "Sankyo 192 games inside".

This console looks like a genuine black 2600.

There are two differences:

- The "colour / black-white" switch is replaced by a "game switch" switch.

- There's another switch on the back of the unit to select the roms' banks ("128 / 32 / 32").

There's a cartridge port (so you can also play "outside" games). The brand "Sankyo" is written near this port.

The stickers on the console are written in Portuguese (so, this one unit was sold in Portugal or Brasil), but it existed in other countries.

There's a long serial number under the console.

Do you have informations about it ? Date ? Specifications ? Complete list of games ? Video signal (Ntsc/Pal/Secam/PalM) ? Is it possible to video-mod it ?

I'll try to post some photos later.

I'll try to open this beast also, and take some photos also.

Thanks.

Progress:

- The power adaptator was missing. Fixed.

- The rf/antenna cable is broken. Signal is very very weak (no colours, no sound, lot of snow). To fix/change.

- The joystick plugs are broken. Need lot of soldering. Games can't be played.

- The dates on the chips inside are "end of 1991".

- I'm trying to write the full games list.

- I took some photos with my phone's camera, but it's too dirty and unreadable.

What's the first game? 8)

This console needs a few serious repairs. I opened it (dirty photos incoming), and it needs some serious inside work (soldering, etc). I'll try to finish all that soon. (I have no more video output now !).

Games are mostly "pirate/hacked" versions, it seems. (Removed copyright texts, removed logos, titles changes, etc). I've managed to see/recognize a few ones before the console exploded/died (Keystone Kapers, Crackpots, Pacman, Enduro, Volleyball, etc). As soon as the video output is repaired, I'll come back with a full list...

That looks like one of my consoles, but i have no clue to who made it.

Wow ! 444 games ? Great.

This is a PAL console, isn't it ? (Australia is PAL, isn't it ?).

This one looks like mine very very closely. I'm pretty sure it's the same maker.

How do they do 444 games ? (256+128+64=448). Are there really 444 games ?

Wow ! 444 games ? Great.

This one looks like mine very very closely. I'm pretty sure it's the same maker.

i have about 10 different "multigames-consoles" ... 128 / 196/ 221 / 256 / 444 games .... and even a 2000 games console ... i truly wonder what the 2000 games are actually ... but since i bought them for the packagings i actually never tested the consoles ...

now don't ask me to make a list of the 2000 games :D

next time i'll have access to it, i will look up for the manual / game list though ...

here is my latest additions for my box collection ... i recieved the two from spain yesterday ...

they have arab text on there .... it could be a Bharat TV Game, the 2600 Al Sagar clone or a 'General' ... those are the brand that seemed to pop up in the middle east region ....

post-12-1217453611_thumb.jpg

post-12-1217453655_thumb.jpg

post-12-1217453692_thumb.jpg

post-12-1217453734_thumb.jpg

post-12-1217453810_thumb.jpg

Edited by jahfish

Wow ! 444 games ? Great.

Yes it is PAL. No there is not really 444 games, the 284 and the 128 positions both seem to have the same 128 games. The 32 position has 32 so this makes a total 160. They seem to have placed all sorts of game numbers on these consoles, but i wouldn't be surprised if they all had the same 160 different games. Even though they have been a bit creative with the game numbers i am very happy with the console in general, and find it a great way to play many different games easily. I hope you can get yours sorted out.

atari2.jpg

i have about 10 different "multigames-consoles" ... 128 / 196/ 221 / 256 / 444 games .... and even a 2000 games console ... i truly wonder what the 2000 games are actually ... but since i bought them for the packagings i actually never tested the consoles ...

I couldn't do that. Wondering if there is an unknown game on there would drive me nuts. If you ever decide to try them Fish, I'd be interested to know which ones were menu screen driven rather then dip switched.

Anyhow this all reminds me of a project I must complete...

Anyhow this all reminds me of a project I must complete...

what's the project? a romsucker cartridge? ;)

that's what i would need to "test" all these consoles ... simply download all games onto it, then let the conputer compare everything .... i just dont have the time to test every single console and every single game ... i gotta admit that i love the atari ... but i also love mame games and that's what i'm playing in my little spare time ...

My first idea was: 192 games = 128+32+32, so it should be 128x2KB + 32x4KB + 32x4KB = 512KB. (512 is a round number).

My second idea was: 128x4KB + 32x8KB + 32x8KB = 1024KB. (But a 1 MB rom is quite big/expensive).

Today, I have repaired my console. My video output is working again. Also, the left joystick plug is working again. (But the joystick itself is also broken from inside; no luck).

So, yes, I can test the beast now, and list all the games. And compare my theories. The first 32 games are 4KB, the second 32 games are 4KB, the 128 games are 4KB also. Bizarre size. Something must be wrong somewhere.

Explanation: the first 32 games and the second 32 games are also in the 128 games list !! What ?? There are only 128 games in my 192 games console ??? There's a real problem here !

So, there's two solutions:

- The 192 games claim is a big fat lie. There are only 128 games. The 128/32/32 switch is useless. It allows a fast access to some games, but it is useless. A four states switch (32/32/32/32) should have been a better idea.

- My console is broken. There are really 192 games inside, but I can't switch to the 64 other ones. A bad solder ? A broken component ? The upper banks can't be selected. 64 games are missing in action... (And these 64 games are big good 8KB games ? So, I'll really miss them a lot).

How can I tell if the total rom size is 512KB or 1024KB ?

I'll try to test the circuits later. Perhaps I can see something wrong somewhere and repair it... (There were so much broken solders...).

BANK A (32 games)

* Donkey Kong (Coleco/Nintendo)

* Save Our Ship / Robin Hood

* Panda Chase (HomeVision)

* Condor Attack / Vulture Attack / Space War / Space Monster

* Master Builder (Spectravideo)

* Boom Bang / Crackpots (Activision)

* Frogger (ParkerBros)

* Bank Heist / Skull Island

* Amidar

* Pelé's Soccer Championship

* Thunderground (Sega)

- ???

* Farmyard Fun

- ???

* Pyramid War

- ???

* Bermuda / RiverRaidHack [This one totally bugs !]

* Pacman (Atari/Namco)

* Grand Prix (Activision)

* Laser Gate (Imagic)

* Mars Patrouille / Gas Hog (Spectravideo)

* Challenge

* Mysterious Thief / Criminal Pursuit

* Sky Alien / Fire Birds / Assault

- ???

* Oink (Activision)

- ???

* Dragon Defender

* Sea Hawk (Sancho)

* MegaForce (20th Century)

* Parachute

- ???

Can you show us screenshots of the ??? ones?

Skull Island refers to a label, not a title.

8)

Skull Island refers to a label, not a title.

AtariMania names these roms as:

Bank Heist (Action Hi-Tech - Hi-Score) (PAL)

Bank Heist (Bonnie and Clyde, Holdup, Roaring 20's) (1983) (20th Century Fox Video Games, Bill Aspromonte) (11012)

Good2600 names them as:

Skull Island (AKA Bank Heist) (PAL) [!]

Bank Heist (1983) (20th Century Fox)

So, yes, Good2600 database is far from perfect (many many errors indeed). ;)