IGNORED

Online Emulators for Classic Consoles and Old Computers

Fort Apocalypse

Looks like it wants Java Version 7 (from what I can make of the messages).

Working now.

I went to the Java site rather than allowing the popup to do the update. Chances are you might end up with the Russian Java language version if you do it that way.

Just had a quick look at Ballblazer... looks pretty impressive.

Does this thing handle most games? Would be nice to have Spelunker up there too.

Also, the joystick keys aren't exactly the best - I prefer the inverted "T" layout, or ideally just using the Cursor keys rather than the NumPad.

Edited by Rybags

• 1 month later...

Looks like it wants Java Version 7 (from what I can make of the messages).

Working now.

I went to the Java site rather than allowing the popup to do the update. Chances are you might end up with the Russian Java language version if you do it that way.

Just had a quick look at Ballblazer... looks pretty impressive.

Does this thing handle most games? Would be nice to have Spelunker up there too.

Also, the joystick keys aren't exactly the best - I prefer the inverted "T" layout, or ideally just using the Cursor keys rather than the NumPad.

Fixed link to JRE download page.

Added another 400 games (now available over 800 Atari online games).

Here is link to Spelunker game.

Also in the near future I will change control keys layout from numpad keys to arrow keys.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello guys !

i thank you for all these links (old & new)

Of course, in this topic, a lot of sites are down or outdated

i regrouped all the working links i found in the section "online emulators" in the site "Emu-france".

i made a description for all online emulators. i think it's now the best source on the net. i spent a lot of hours !

If someone can help me to complete if needed (i maybe forgot some good sites of online emulators), it'll be appreciated.

i tested & verified all links in order to put one screenshot by site.

97 sites !

If someone can help me to complete if needed (i maybe forgot some good sites of online emulators), it'll be appreciated.

Edited by greatxerox

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

As long as emulators are running 100% full speed - then these outdated machines can have their second life ahead of them. Tablets of course - need a controller to be plugged in - because if they are clumsy to use/play they'll not be enjoyed.

I did test out an Atari 800 emulator running on Dreamcast - and it seemed to be running perfectly - with a plug in keyboard - as long as people can download the emulators and roms/disk files - there is no reason why they can't outlast the original hardware - which if they still run in 30 years time? is quite an achievement - whereas in emulation - they should last a lot longer than that? Instead of having to resort to old Youtube video files to see what were they like to play?

Harvey