IGNORED

Donkey Kong Jr. - Season 4 Week 2

vdub_bobby

Mario's the villain this time, so let's save daddy - it's time for Donkey Kong Jr.!

Post a score and let's get this thing rolling! Play Game A.

Please post any tips you may have - best tip gets 1 bonus point. No continues - only games played from the beginning count!

And if anyone has a link to the manual, please post it.

This week's competition ends in a week on Wednesday (August 13th) at approximately noon PST.

This week's scores:

134,500 darkthur (+10 pts)

49,000 vdub_bobby (+8 pts)

44,800 RJ (+6 pts)

30,900 LarcenTyler (+4 pts)

Twin Galaxies High Scores

2,248,100 Tom Votava

221,900 Tom Duncan

210,200 David B Yancey

206,700 Alex N Frisbie

123,400 Keith Hursey

73,400 Mr. Kelly R. Flewin

Standings

1. Wickeycolumbus (10 pts)

Game Info

Coin-op released by Nintendo in 1982. Ported to the NES for the US by Nintendo in 1986.

Other platforms: Atari 8-bit, Atari 2600, Atari 7800, ColecoVision, Game Boy Advance, Intellivision, Wii

Prequels/sequels/spinoffs: Legion. Just a few...Donkey Kong (coin-op 1981 and elsewhere), Donkey Kong 3 (coin-op 1983 and elsewhere), also Donkey Kong Jr. Math, Donkey Kong Country, Donkey Konga...

Tips

None yet.

Edited by vdub_bobby

Is anyone else going to play this? :ponder:

yeah, but the HSC is only partially about 'doing my personal best' where the other half of motivation comes from 'trying not to get totally humiliated by the first score to come along'

I've been watching dk jr youtube vids to improve my game while I'm away from my NES, but let's just say that while I've had a few personal victories, my score is far from ready for prime time.

I haven't tried these tricks yet, but the speedrun

is pretty darn good. Watching it shows that on the second board there's a springboard to moving platform trick (in manual too) that's pretty slick, (gamefaqs says jump is to be pushed when the springboard reaches bottom). he's also got a good technique for moving all the keys vertically at once with horizontal movement. and speaking of horizontal vine movement, I had no idea that could be so rapid. Pretty basic I know, but I'm at a level where that's help Edited by Reaperman

Is anyone else going to play this? :ponder:

yeah, but the HSC is only partially about 'doing my personal best' where the other half of motivation comes from 'trying not to get totally humiliated by the first score to come along'

I've been watching dk jr youtube vids to improve my game while I'm away from my NES, but let's just say that while I've had a few personal victories, my score is far from ready for prime time.

I haven't tried these tricks yet, but the speedrun

is pretty darn good....

That's alright. You ought not to worry about that. I'm far from perfect on every game I play. Sure it's great to win but it's also nice just to be on the list.

As for that speedrun, I think that the emulator that person is using is sped up a bit itself. That game just doesn't move that fast. That aside, he/she is really good at the game.

• 4 years later...