IGNORED

A/V upgrade

vader88

Hey guys,

I'm new to the old Atari scene. First thing I want to do is get my 2600 running svideo, has anyone used the kit from 8bitdomain.com ? If now, where can I buy one, I'm open to soldering if necessary.. just looking for my best option.

Thanks

Tim

I went ahead and purchased the upgrade from 8bitdomain. Does any have a link to some screenshots so I can check out the quality difference ?

Noooooooooo...!

Don't order from that guy! Ack, you'll be waiting for months on end!

Yeh, I know I was taking a chance but did it anyway. I sent him a email before ordering and he said it will ship within 2 weeks. I know he has said this numerous times, I couldn't find a lot of options. I tried to find out about the longhorn options, but he never responded. Let's talk hypothetically here, if and when I receive this, how is the quality compared to others out there ?

Thanks

Tim

Noooooooooo...!

Don't order from that guy! Ack, you'll be waiting for months on end!

Yeh, I know I was taking a chance but did it anyway. I sent him a email before ordering and he said it will ship within 2 weeks. I know he has said this numerous times, I couldn't find a lot of options. I tried to find out about the longhorn options, but he never responded. Let's talk hypothetically here, if and when I receive this, how is the quality compared to others out there ?

Thanks

Tim

Did you contact me through email? I get swamped sometimes and miss a few. Sorry about that. If you check this thread you can find more information about the mod im working on.

Did you contact me through email? I get swamped sometimes and miss a few. Sorry about that. If you check this thread you can find more information about the mod im working on.

No problem, I'm looking at getting a sixer also so I give yours a shot then. I'm gonna go read your thread now.

Thanks

Tim

I can tell you my experience with 8bitdomain has been good. I ordered the 2600 & Colecovision s-video mods about 8 weeks ago and they arrived within two weeks. The 2600 mod is pretty easy to install as there is no soldering involved. The quality is terrific! You'll never do RF again.

... Foster

Right, it's just a lottery to see if you get your stuff or not. It's a weird period in the A/V mod scene right now because besides 8bitdomain (if you consider that a viable choice) you have the Longhorn Engineer project and Chris is still actively finishing his mod which I would like to sell. I guess in the end choice is a good thing.

Right, it's just a lottery to see if you get your stuff or not. It's a weird period in the A/V mod scene right now because besides 8bitdomain (if you consider that a viable choice) you have the Longhorn Engineer project and Chris is still actively finishing his mod which I would like to sell. I guess in the end choice is a good thing.
Actually the "home" version of the CyberTech card is ready to go. I've have the design done and actual boards in hand for 3 years now. But nobody wanted to sell them online and I didn't have the skills to set up a web store. So there ya go. The one I'm working on for Glenn is the CyberTech Pro. The circuits are done, but I'm poor just like everyone else and can't afford protos right now.

Yeah, choice is good.

-Chris