IGNORED

Previous 7800 HSC Rounds

shadow460

This competition has ended.

It's boot camp gone wild! Aliens have invaded Earth and mind controlled innocent citizens. Your friends have been acting odd lately, and your neighbors, well, maybe they're just being normal.

It's all well and good until you learn a secret weapon is capable of taking over the entire planet, and it in the possession of a deadly Alien Brigade!

Game Information:

This week's game: Alien Brigade

Controllers supported: XE Light Gun, SMS Light Phaser (modified), ProLine Joystick

Difficulty Switches: n/a

Game Mode: Advanced

Scores may be posted in this thread until November 15th at approximately 10 PM Central Time.

Next week's game will be chosen by popular vote from the following: Tank Command, Xevious, Food Fight, and Crossbow. Simply vote in the poll for next week's game.

Become a member of the 7800 High Score Competition simply by posting a score in this thread.

Current High Scores

1. silver_surfer 897,500

2. birdie3 168,000

3. keilbaca 12,010

Shadow's First Play of the Week score

Member List (post a score to join!)

silver_surfer, keilbaca, Mind Game, birdie3

Hints and Tips

From the book:

Watch out for the real humans you are supposed to protect. Humans that have been taken over by aliens move more slowly.

When your squad is hit by alien fire, your screen's border flashes red. Try to avoid this. Getting hit by alien fire is bad for your health.

Watch out for small mine laying subs in the underwater scenario.

Picking up items as you move through each scenario is vitally important. Shoot small objects to reveal items hidden beneath.

Don't ignore your tranceiver! Understanding your mission is critical.

Edited by shadow460

ADVANCED, GAME COMPLETED, 897,500

EDIT: SEGA Phaser works much better than ATARI XE Lightgun. :cool:

963986[/snapback]

Holy crap dude. I can't get past the first mission, but then again I haven't figured out how to use the lightgun yet.

Looks like its time to raid the instruction manual ;)

I'm with keilbaca here--I made it to the end of hat appeared to be the first level, then it reset.

By the way, you can use any controller you want with the games we play. I just listed a couple of the more common ones here to kinda get things started.

When we get games like Asteroids that work with the CX-40, I'll list that, too.

Not to be cocky or anyhting but I like to think I'm one of the best ATARI lightgun game players there is.

EDIT: I can't wait for Barnyard Blaster to come about. The only Lightgun game I'm not very good at is Meltdown I can only get to about level 16 or so before I die, and thats a task to play it that long cause I think the game is the worste of the lightgun series.

Edited by silver_surfer

Holy crap dude. I can't get past the first mission, but then again I haven't figured out how to use the lightgun yet.

Looks like its time to raid the instruction manual ;)

964089[/snapback]

BIG TIP: In the last level shoot the end of the cobra's tail not him directly also to get a wicked score at the very end as long as you have decent health, just keep shooting the aliens coming out if the mother aliens sack and just keep her at bay untill you feel like finishing the game. It can be a gamble at times cause you can die but its worth it for the score you get. It took me a long time to figure this stuff out so I thought I would pass the good word.

Yeah, the contest is for the advanced level. From now on, just consider each game to be at the hardest setting unless otherwise noted. I don't know much about Alien brigade, so I didn't turn it all the way up. If you want to do different game modes, be my guest, but the only official scores are the ones with the settings listed.

Also, I'm going to try to post a "snapshot score" in lieu of the Twin Galaxies ones. It'll be easier to beat, because it'll be me or someone I know IRL just sitting down to the game and recording the score they get on the first play.

I know keilbaca and Mind Game have access to Mean 18 on original hardware. I have it, and I know that either silver surfer or birdie3 has it coming in the mail.

Would ya'll be interested in playing Mean 18 in the future?

Edited by shadow460

Yeah, the contest is for the advanced level.  From now on, just consider each game to be at the hardest setting unless otherwise noted.  I don't know much about Alien brigade, so I didn't turn it all the way up.  If you want to do different game modes, be my guest, but the only official scores are the ones with the settings listed.

Also, I'm going to try to post a "snapshot score" in lieu of the Twin Galaxies ones.  It'll be easier to beat, because it'll be me or someone I know IRL just sitting down to the game and recording the score they get on the first play.

I know keilbaca and Mind Game have access to Mean 18 on original hardware.  I have it, and I know that either silver surfer or birdie3 has it coming in the mail.

Would ya'll be interested in playing Mean 18 in the future?

964376[/snapback]

Get out the golf clubs!! (I suck at mean 18 but it's fun though :) )

361,000, Level 4, Standard Mode.

964245[/snapback]

The contest is for ADVANCED isn't it? Thats what the first post says anyhow.

964324[/snapback]

Crap. I didn't even see that. Game on. And yes.. I am waiting for Mean 18 to get here in the mail so count me in for that as well.

Edited by birdie3

Good. I'll put it [Mean 18] in the voting next week.

birdie3, you won't be disappointed in it.

Hey, try to get me a score from Alien Brigade's advanced mode, ok? I'll replace what's on the scoreboard with it.

I thought about putting it in this week, but Tank Command is also R7, and I didn't want to have two rare games in the same week.

Trust me, Tank Command is as much fun as Mean 18. I can't wait for the chance to buy a cart of it instead of having to emulate it.

Edited by shadow460

She has the 7800, I'm trying to get her to play... I'll bug her tomorrow when I'm at work ;)

I ran out of bullets shooting other things and ignoring the mother boss. Bah...

965746[/snapback]

Nice score dude!! Your right on my tail, I guess I better go roll the score over.

She has the 7800, I'm trying to get her to play... I'll bug her tomorrow when I'm at work ;)

965746[/snapback]

Nice score dude!! Your right on my tail, I guess I better go roll the score over.

965820[/snapback]

Nah, she has the 7800 and the light gun, and I'm on randolph with just a emu.

965746[/snapback]

965820[/snapback]

965941[/snapback]

EMU??? Boooo!!! Real Deal or not at all!! :cool:

965746[/snapback]

965820[/snapback]

965941[/snapback]

EMU??? Boooo!!! Real Deal or not at all!! :cool:

966063[/snapback]

That's why I'm done with it for this week.

This competition has ended

The school cafeteria must have really served something good this time. Since no one could guess today's mystery meat, we're going to take up spoons and have a Food Fight!

Game Information:

This week's game: Food Fight

Controllers supported: CX-40, ProLine Joystick

Difficulty Switches: n/a

Game Mode: Expert, level 16

Scores may be posted in this thread until November 22nd at approximately 10 PM Central Time.

Next week's game will be chosen by popular vote from the following: Mean 18 Ultimate Golf, One-on-One Basketball, Mat Mania Challenge, and RealSports Baseball. Simply vote in the poll for next week's game.

Become a member of the 7800 High Score Competition simply by posting a score in this thread.

Current High Scores

1. Video Game Addict 175,200

2. Cybergoth 164,800

3. RJ 90,200

4. Mordax 79,200

5. birdie3 68,500

6. FireTiger 50,500

7. silver_surfer 13,000

Shadow's first score of the week:

29300. I should've done waaayyy batter, I mean, butter, er, better!

Member List (post a score to join!)

silver_surfer, keilbaca, Mind Game, birdie3, video game addict, FireTiger, Mordax, Cybergoth, jedijeff

Hints and Tips

From the book:

Watch out for open manholes, or Charley will fall in and lose a life!

Keep an eye on the colors of the chefs. When the chefs are blue or yellow, they can't hurt Charley.

In the higher levels, have Charley race to the cone immediately for the high cone points. You win an extra 500 points for each time Charley scrambles to a higher level.

Use leftovers as ammunition whenever possible. Remember: If Charley's carrying food when he reaches the cone, he takes it [the food] with him to the next level.

Other tips:

Keep the chefs away from the food piles when possible. Try to either use of defend each pile. If a chef reaches the food, be prepared for a barrage.

Move to your own food pile and let loose on the chefs. This will give you a few seconds' breather.

From my co-worker:

Watermelon never runs out. If you stand on a watermelon, you can throw as much of it as you like.

Edited by shadow460