IGNORED

Previous 7800 HSC Rounds

shadow460

It's on!!!

This month we'll be dueling the crazy, stuck-up, snobbish 5200 crew

..who are currently 254,850 points ahead of the whiny, defeatist 7800 crew :D

(runs back to the safety of the 5200 forum dodging flying veggies)

It's on!!!

This month we'll be dueling the crazy, stuck-up, snobbish 5200 crew

..who are currently 254,850 points ahead of the whiny, defeatist 7800 crew :D

(runs back to the safety of the 5200 forum dodging flying veggies)

Let me close that gap a little... 93,200.

I'll get better at this, but I have to say, the 7800 crew will have their hands full on this one. Joust at Intermediate is quite a bit more difficult than the 8-bit/5200 at Intermediate. (which is what I played at since no difficulty level was mentioned.)

post-4709-1202593550_thumb.jpg

So far, I have resisted the 7800 HSC... mainly because my controllers need new boards. However, when I read that this was a direct competition between the 5200 and 7800 HSC's, I realized that for the sake of everything that is good and just (and the fact that I can use 2600 controllers), I must do my part and submit a score. Unfortunately, so far it REALLY sucks! We are playing on intermediate right? Hmm... maybe I shouldn't admit that I got this score on intermediate... at least I have until March 9th to improve.

So far, I have resisted the 7800 HSC... mainly because my controllers need new boards. However, when I read that this was a direct competition between the 5200 and 7800 HSC's, I realized that for the sake of everything that is good and just (and the fact that I can use 2600 controllers), I must do my part and submit a score. Unfortunately, so far it REALLY sucks! We are playing on intermediate right? Hmm... maybe I shouldn't admit that I got this score on intermediate... at least I have until March 9th to improve.

Welcome board. If we can have more people like you making 100,000 a piece, we can collectively beat the 5200 side!

Welcome board. If we can have more people like you making 100,000 a piece, we can collectively beat the 5200 side!

I'm going on vacation for a week, but when I get back I plan on doing some hardcore Jousting!

Don't you have a doppleganger playing for the other side? ;)

I'm going on vacation for a week, but when I get back I plan on doing some hardcore Jousting!

Don't you have a doppleganger playing for the other side? ;)

DoctorClu5200... yeh... that I do. We'll beat him and all the rest of the 5200 folk. :D

well you could always spare the pain of defeat by declaring the 5200 crew the winners now :)

I'm not surprised that General Troll himself made this a "suggestion".

yeah, yeah, we both hate each other, blah blah, beat me on the HSC front, instead of babbling.

And FYI, 7800 camp total score is 543,500 compared to the dominating 5200 camp currently at 848,700, and I don't think my math is wrong. This is fun isn't it..heh heh.

Edited by Atari5200

yeah, yeah, we both hate each other, blah blah, beat me on the HSC front, instead of babbling.

This would expose my weakness with the game JOUST. :-) But on principle, I will have to contribute some points to the overall.

Don't worry, if we did this with a couple more games, we'll win through attrition. No way can their controllers work for several weeks in a row. :)

88,950 by the way. I'll upload a picture later on today when I get the energy.

EDIT: Here's the pic. If you've ever wondered how good of a picture a cheap cameraphone takes of videogames in action, here it is:

EDIT 2:New high score. 102,000.

post-5952-1203609042_thumb.jpg

post-5952-1203646060_thumb.jpg

Edited by Atarifever

Don't worry, if we did this with a couple more games, we'll win through attrition. No way can their controllers work for several weeks in a row. :)

Now THAT is the fun smack talk I'm talking about. :D

This would expose my weakness with the game JOUST. :-) But on principle, I will have to contribute some points to the overall.

Play... try... we need all pitching in WHATEVER they can.

What's 5200 Doctorclu think about it though? :)

Don't ever take any smack talking from me against an Atari system seriously. If I had unlimited funds, I'd be going for complete collections for all of them. Now when I smack talk about the NES, I mean that stuff.

Edited by Atarifever

Alright - I came to the realization I haven't actually played Joust in many years but it's been a fun venture into the past.

My own meager contribution is 43,100 though now I'm strangely addicted again.

Also, I'm reminded up a compliment for Chad Schell on including High Score Cart functionality in the Cuttle Cart 2.

post-1046-1203651600_thumb.jpg

What's 5200 Doctorclu think about it though? :)

I think it was funny. I use a 5200 wico stick when I actually have the 5200 cartridge, the rest of the time, Dreamcast emulating the 5200 for all the rest... now with a 2600 controller hacked to the Dreamcast!

5200.. great games, crappy pack in controller.

DoctorClu5200

no other takers for playing at Expert difficulty, I assume?

No way.......we don't want to have a cardiac arrest!!!

Plus, I don't think those scores would count.....I'm not sure on the exact specifications of the challenge though, so Atari5200 can chime in on that one.