IGNORED

Previous 7800 HSC Rounds

shadow460

Will keep trying to beat that wave 16 score. ;)

(I don't own any of the four games being voted on, so this will probably be it for me on the 7800 for a while.)

Edited by doctorclu

I think, for my own sake, I'm may have to give these HSC's up.

20 years of aging have apparently sucked all my classic game playing ability out the window. I have yet to even beat my first score, which wasn't all that to begin with.

I suck. :| :sad:

Edited by Artlover

Never give up.

It's just for fun anyway.  Some of my scores have really stunk, but I enjoyed playing.

988616[/snapback]

Thats how I do it. I just play a few times a day. If I beat my score, I post it. I have lost my touch. I used to wait for those pterodactyls to come out just so I could practice killing them. You know I played alot when I was a kid. I actually killed 2 by accident during this week.

Artlover, you shouldnt give up. I played Asteroids even though I sucked. I could barely get over 10,000 on that game. I am just lucky my favorite games just came up 3 out of the last 4 weeks. I bought the 7800 just for Galaga. Now I play Joust and Ms. Pacman. I used to play Joust on the 800 all the time. The play is slightly different.

Edited by Almost Rice

Yeah.  If you post a Commando score in this thread, I'll add it.  From this point on, I'm going to set the difficulty on the second hardest level instead of max.

I think on Commando it's Advanced.

990389[/snapback]

The prolines really suck. I cant use my 500xj witht this game. Well I did, but could not shoot anything.

post-7833-1135812202_thumb.jpg

Could have swarn I replied to this an hour ago....

Ok, ok. I'll give up giving up. :P

Anywho, I had kept on playing a few times a day anyways, but still never beat my first score posted. Hell, my worse score was 250, and it wasn't even like I wasn't trying. :ponder:

Lets see how I do in Commando.

Edited by Artlover

You are the last Allied soldier in the war. The enemies have won, and a surrender is imminent. You realize that the only hope of victory for your forces lies in a mission so dangerous, so crazy, that you are the only one who will carry it out.

You're facing nearly every soldier left alive. They are armed to the teeth and all you have is your rifle with a few clips of ammo, and several hand grenades. You must fight, you must succeed.

No one said it was easy to be a Commando!

Game Information:

This week's game: Data East's Commando.

Controllers supported: ProLine Joystick, Atari joypad

Difficulty Switches: n/a

Game Mode: One player advanced

Scores may be posted in this thread until January 3rd at approximately 10 PM Central Time.

Next week's game will be chosen by popular vote from the following: Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Junior, Tower Toppler, and Ballblazer. Simply vote in the poll for next week's game.

Become a member of the 7800 High Score Competition simply by posting a score in this thread.

Current High Scores

1. jwierer 44,200

2. Cybergoth 40,300

3. Almost Rice 20,300

4. Artlover 9,100

Shadow's first score of the week:

7,600 (up to 18,800 after a few games)

Member List (post a score to join!)

silver_surfer, keilbaca, Mind Game, birdie3, Cybergoth, jedijeff, video game addict, FireTiger, Mordax, RJ, keitaro, Almost Rice, Pac Man Plus, jwierer, Artlover

Classified Information:

It is important to keep moving forward at all times. Do not remain in one place too long to fight the enemy.

Be on the lookout for underground enemy camps. Grenade explosions will reveal their locations.

Acquire as many grenades as possible.

Watch for weapons. Any weapon you find could help you thgouh an area.

Grab the knife and use it to kill enemy soldiers on contact.

Edited by shadow460

Game Mode:  One player advanced

You just don't like Novice, do ya.... :P

My score: 8800

This game is nearly impossible with a keyboard. I had to hook up my xbox controller and install XBCD. Woo woo, the XBCD drivers don't suck anymore. I wish I had done this sooner. At least for Joust.

(goes off to try Joust with a stick).

post-2829-1135831341_thumb.jpg

What difficulty do ya'll wanna play at?

I chose hard on 'em all 'cause that's how the 2600 HSC is run sometimes.  If ya'll wanna play at a lower setting, let me know.

990678[/snapback]

Aw, mostly just messin' with you. If that's how the 2600 ones works, might as well do that for the 7800 ones too. I never participated in the 2600 ones, so I didn't know. :P

But to throw an answer out there for the sake of answering. How about Novice. :D :P

Seriously tho, maybe the default Normal/Standard setting? Mind you, I'm biased since I suck at playing now a days. So you may want to just keep it at Advanced. :cool:

Hi there!

Seriously tho, maybe the default Normal/Standard setting? Mind you, I'm biased since I suck at playing now a days. So you may want to just keep it at Advanced.  :cool:

I'd also vote for "normal/standard". That's because I don't know any of the 7800 games at all. More or less I thought to go through a complete 7800 HSC cycle in order to help me decide wether I should buy a 7800 or not :)

Greetings,

Manuel

I don't have the original for this so I'm not great at it. It seems like the easiest way to get points is just to grab the machine gun and go to town on incoming soldiers without progressing through the game. Either way I haven't been able to get past this wall in the screenshot.

-Jeff

post-5778-1136164681_thumb.jpg

Hi there!

It seems like the easiest way to get points is just to grab the machine gun and go to town on incoming soldiers without progressing through the game.  Either way I haven't been able to get past this wall in the screenshot.

I haven't made it any further in "advanced" mode either. The game is actually fun though at "normal" setting :ponder:

Just for the record, I didn't leech my higher score with the machine gun, instead I found a secret cave where you can rack up lots of points. See the attached screenshot, just launch a grenade from aprox. where I'm standing in the picture.

On level 2 (which is fun getting there in "normal" mode BTW :D), there is a secret cave under the bridge as well, only there on the right side this time.

Anyway, my score is final, as I prefer continuing to play in "normal" mode... :P

Greetings,

Manuel

c.gif

Great tip on the hidden tunnel! I think that adds another 8K to the score. You forgot to mention the boudlers that come crushing by when you try to grab the POWs :)

Up to 44,200 now and I got to the 2nd board, but as you can see I'm not getting very far past those guys in the fox holes.

post-5778-1136215664_thumb.jpg

What games you guys wanna vote on next week?

I noticed I've been biased toward what's in my collection, so I need to throw up something like Ninja Golf, Motorpsycho, or some Absolute titles.

Ya'll wanna vote on some Absolute?

Oh, someone needs to break that tie between DK, DK Jr, and Ballblazer. If no one does, I may ask Ze_ro to break it (if he is willing) or I'll break it, as I do not vote on the games.

If it still ain't broke, I may run the other two titles in a couple of weeks.

Edited by shadow460