Current Standings:

1. NintendoDieScreaming - 93,480

2. Blackjack - 69,390

3. user42 - 48,720

4. 8th lutz - 41,640

5. LarcenTyler - 40,500

6. PressureCooker2600 - 34,410

7. Artlover - 8,940

Currently, NintendoDieScreaming is winning the challenge with an incredible 34 seconds.

TIP: To defeat the first boss, just keep your finger on the fire button, and keep firing at the mouth. It'll change from red to black to blue, to a little black line. Once you've broken that, you're home free.

TIP: To defeat the second boss, you must buy two heavy bombs. After you've destroyed each enemy spawner, go to the right bottom of the screen, and drop a bomb. If that doesn't kill it, drop the second one.

Edited by NintendoDieScreaming

Have to end this competition early. Hope ya'll had fun and will join in on our next game, Fantasy Zone.

Final Standings:

1. NintendoDieScreaming - 93,480 + 11 (and +5 for completing the challenge)

2. Blackjack - 69,390 +10

3. user42 - 48,720 +9

4. 8th lutz - 41,640 +8

5. LarcenTyler - 40,500 +7

6. PressureCooker2600 - 34,410 +6

7. Artlover - 8,940 +5

From the back of the box:

Before you even pick up your control pads, you'll see that this game is from another planet. Amorphic graphics. Day-glow colors. Even spaced-out music. You start out by building your own space ship. Pick out your own engine parts, lasers and defense mechanisms. Then take off for The Fantasy Zone. You'll enter screen after screen of perilous worlds as you try to bring peace to a troubled universe.

Challenge: ?? Someone think up of a good one because I never played this one that much.

Overall Standings:

1. NintendoDieScreaming +26

2. PressureCooker2600 +22

3. Blackjack +19

4. 8th lutz +16

5. user42 +15

6. LarcenTyler +14

7. Artlover +10

Let's begin. Games end Thursday at 8-9 p.m. CT.

After a couple tries. Got smacked down by the first "boss". 11,500.

Anybody got the manual?

What are the coins good for? They don't give points.

The coins give you cash to buy upgrades for Opa-Opa. To beat the first boss, keep firing at it's mouth. It'll go to black, to blue, to a thin black line, to another shade of blue, then you've beaten it. To beat the second boss, you have to buy Heavy Bomb from the shop and drop them on the three satellites. You can do it with two, but I recommend buying three.

post-4996-1193355128_thumb.png

Ok, I'm rockin now :)

Here's some tips:

Grab the coins, especially the big ones when you kill a monster generator thingy. When you get so many, a sign will come onto the screen

that looks like a red stop sign, but says "shop". Pick that up and it takes you to where you can buy ship upgrades.

Kill the things that generate the monsters... I think it has something to do with advancing levels.... and use bombs when you can as it seems they

do more damage.

On leve boss 2, I didn't have to heavy bomb him. He eventually died from gunfire.

post-5519-1193356087_thumb.jpg

Edited by Blackjack

Here's some tips:

Kill the things that generate the monsters... I think it has something to do with advancing levels.... and use bombs when you can as it seems they

do more damage.

That's exactly right. You have to kill all the enemy spawners before the boss will appear.

Methinks it might be a showdown between you and I again!