IGNORED

Sega Master System HSC previous rounds

First serious try:

Wonderful game.....the colors make it stand out among all other shmups. That's another reason I liked the SMS so much as a kid.....the games were always so bright, vibrant, and colorful.

Off topic:

To better help me choose some games for the polls, I need to know if ya'll use the actual system or emulators. And if you use emulators, do you use joysticks? I was wondering because I was thinking of including some Phaser games and such.

The emulator, MEKA, has a control option that emulates the Light Phaser using the mouse. Lemme know, guys.

I'm keeping within striking distance NDS!

Took me several times to kill the level 3 boss. Now I'm having trouble surviving very long on lvl 4. I'll get better though.

It's a good thing I don't have a job to get in the way of my games :) I've played about 3 hours already today.

Pressure Cooker..... Emulator (haven't used the mouse as a gun but willing to try). I love gun games.

Hey, I've got my Act Labs gun hooked up, I wonder if it's possible to use it?

post-5519-1193433221_thumb.jpg

Edited by Blackjack

I seem to be at a sticking point now.... all day I haven't been able to reach my previous high. Hell, half the time I'm not making it through the third level without losing all of my ships. I think I get careless at the lower levels once I've beat them several times.

Edited by Blackjack

I seem to be at a sticking point now.... all day I haven't been able to reach my previous high. Hell, half the time I'm not making it through the third level without losing all of my ships. I think I get careless at the lower levels once I've beat them several times.

I'm at a sticking point now, also.

I keep getting to the 3rd level and I'll get to the very end and die. It's pissing me off.

I keep getting to the 3rd level and I'll get to the very end and die. It's pissing me off.

3rd level boss..... Go to the top of the screen very close to the boss and rapidly bomb the first "gun thingy". When it disappears just move on to the next one and so on as quickly as possible. The last couple gun thingys, you'll have to use guns on.

I found the manual.... http://www.replacementdocs.com/download.php?view.3576

Edited by Blackjack

Damn, 74,300.. Nice. I haven't played this game in years. However I picked up a cheap SMS off the net, and I found Fantasy Zone (complete with manual, looks to be brand new) for $NZ5 in a secondhand shop. I'll give it a hammering tonight and see how well I rack up. It easily would've been 10 years since I last played it... brings back some fond memories. (if I recall correctly I think the 1st time I bought it was $5 from a secondhand shop back in '96/'97).

Looks like Shinobi might win this one.

The challenge, which I decided on because I did it ONCE awhile back, will be to beat the game on one life.....similar to the Black Belt challenge, except alot harder to accomplish. :cool:

I put Rescue Mission on there hoping to lure more gamers into the club. *BydoEmpire hint hint* ;)

Slight Improvement 75,300 (after playing most of the day)

I finally got to the lvl 4 boss (big fishy dude) a couple times, but still haven't come close to beating him.

Any tips? especially for regular level 4..... I lose most of my lives there.

Drop a heavy bomb on the boss to kill it. Also, if you buy the last speed upgrade (The $30,000 one? I can't remember) I think it lets you keep the 7-Way Shot forever.