IGNORED

Help identifying ROM cartridge!

m0x

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I've had an Atari 2600 forever and just purchased two more with some extras. Admist the games, manuals, et al I found a cartridge with a place for ROM chips and a toggle that switches from 16k to 32k. The ROMs have been tested and work, I was just wondering if anyone had ever seen this one before. I want to find out if it's something rare or just an old pet-project. I appreciate the help!

Mox

post-21085-1219543046_thumb.jpg

post-21085-1219543060_thumb.jpg

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I've had an Atari 2600 forever and just purchased two more with some extras. Admist the games, manuals, et al I found a cartridge with a place for ROM chips and a toggle that switches from 16k to 32k. The ROMs have been tested and work, I was just wondering if anyone had ever seen this one before. I want to find out if it's something rare or just an old pet-project. I appreciate the help!

Mox

they look like bootlegs, but might be protos. Nice find!

Wow, all the answers just bring more questions to mind. Why are they marked 32k if they are only 4? I've not been able to find a cartridge anywhere, proto or eprom, that has a slot to switch-out different ROM chips. I tried searching for both, but to no avail. Anyone know where I can find more info on this particular type of mod?

didn't even think of k representing kilobits, haha, that's silly of me. I've not come across another cartridge like this with different games on different chips and that fit into the cartridge. A guy is now wanting to buy it from me but I wouldn't begin to know what to sell it for if I chose to do so. I appreciate all the info. Any ideas as to what you'd pay for something like this as an Atari collector? I was also wondering which you prefer; the six-switch or four-switch "woody" 2600.

BTW the eproms marked "32" are of 4k games (except Breakout...which is 2k).

I have a guy wanting to buy the cartridge and ROM chips from me. He said something like 10 dollars and I'm willing to let it go but, as you can tell, I know nothing about it. In your opinion is it worth any high monetary value or should I take the $10 and run? Haha, thanks for the help, I really appreciate it :)

BTW the eproms marked "32" are of 4k games (except Breakout...which is 2k).

I have a guy wanting to buy the cartridge and ROM chips from me. He said something like 10 dollars and I'm willing to let it go but, as you can tell, I know nothing about it. In your opinion is it worth any high monetary value or should I take the $10 and run? Haha, thanks for the help, I really appreciate it :)

I would say that $10 is ripping you off. I would say more like the $30 dollar range.