IGNORED

Rarity Guide Tracker

Albert

I've created a new "Rarity Guide" section in the Tracker module, that will allow me to keep tabs on changes that need to be made to the Rarity Guide. While discussion in this forum can continue--the Tracker should be used when action should be taken in the rarity guide. This includes adding new entries to the database, updating existing entries, or removing entries entirely (although I'm not sure that's ever happened). You can find the "Rarity Guide" Tracker here:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showproject=12

I know there a ton of existing issues that need to be addressed. For instance, I have a large slew of homebrew games I need to add to the database. I'll create Tracker entries for those. I'm sure many values also need to be updated, and if people want to submit issues for those (and please include a link to any relevant discussion), I will look those over and make decisions on them.

Thanks in advance for everyone's help. :)

..Al

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

I think the values for 2600: Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Halloween values should go up a few points.

Both should go from 7 to 8/9.

Ummmmmmm. No!

They are for sale all them time and go for a little more than there rarity calls for because they are both tied to very popular movies. They both are about right, IMO.

What constitutes R10 - is there a cut off number ie. Less than 5, or 10 examples known in existence?

Good question. I would say less than 10, IMO, But a definative number would make it much clearer. R10 and R9 really are the only ones that should be a clear number. Is Air Raid still An R10? well over 12 have been found. Values will almost always be determined by sales, generally Ebay, but rarity is a whole other issue.

• 4 months later...
I think the rarity guide should be broken down further. Like game only, game and manual, or complete (game, box, & manual) with all seperate rarity values.

Think about this a little longer.

8)

If you have a game that qualifies for an r10....is it then safe to assume the box and or manual would be even harder to find making them an r10 as well..if not higher?

Look at Air Raid...sure there have been some to surface...someone mentioned over 12...but how many had boxes?

I think the rarity guide should be broken down further. Like game only, game and manual, or complete (game, box, & manual) with all seperate rarity values.

8)

If you have a game that qualifies for an r10....is it then safe to assume the box and or manual would be even harder to find making them an r10 as well..if not higher?

Look at Air Raid...sure there have been some to surface...someone mentioned over 12...but how many had boxes?

We have to balance usability of the guide versus number of features. Frankly I think its understood that a game with manual is more rare than just the game and a game with both the manual and box is more rare than ones without it.

I don't want to start referring to the guide to only see Berzerk could be an R1, R2, R3 . . . I say leave it as it is. I think its understood, the more complete a game the more the rare the game, and you see that all the time when a game is sold as well.

8)

We have to balance usability of the guide versus number of features. Frankly I think its understood that a game with manual is more rare than just the game and a game with both the manual and box is more rare than ones without it.

I don't want to start referring to the guide to only see Berzerk could be an R1, R2, R3 . . . I say leave it as it is. I think its understood, the more complete a game the more the rare the game, and you see that all the time when a game is sold as well.

I agree with this...I dont know anyone out there that would prefer to go out and purchase a game for their collection and pass on the CIB version just to pick up a cart only copy ......but one person Jboypacman....lol where is that guy at?

• 2 months later...

when i click on it, it says that it dosnt exist...? anyways, i have this handheld pacman game from 1980 and i cant find it on any websites anywhere. i cant find it on utube eather... it was made by "micro games of america" the only thing i could find was a deal of one on ebay... heres a picture of it:

Looks like a late 90's/early 2000's cheap toy. I wouldn't think there'd be much value in it.

The copyright 1980 refers to Namco's original rights on pacman, it's not the production date of the item.

Edit.

Did you try a google search?

Try 'micro games of america pacman' ;)

Made in the mid 90's by the looks of it.

Edited by nofrills100

when i click on it, it says that it dosnt exist...? anyways, i have this handheld pacman game from 1980 and i cant find it on any websites anywhere. i cant find it on utube eather... it was made by "micro games of america" the only thing i could find was a deal of one on ebay... heres a picture of it:

Looks like a late 90's/early 2000's cheap toy. I wouldn't think there'd be much value in it.

The copyright 1980 refers to Namco's original rights on pacman, it's not the production date of the item.

Edit.

Did you try a google search?

Try 'micro games of america pacman' ;)

Made in the mid 90's by the looks of it.

Oh ya, your right! but its not cheap, because it works perfectly. but it is made of plastic lol :P

• 1 year later...

the link is still broken...

can we just post suggestions here in this thread then?

I think you still need to add Red Sea Crossing to the list,

and I believe Springer should be higher than a 7/10.

Also, some of the adult games are harder to find than the others, so some should be higher than a 5/10

Also, possibly move Chase The Chuckwagon down a knotch, there are always a bunch on ebay. I donno