IGNORED

Wanted: 7800 Screenshots

Albert

I haven't added Ace of Aces yet, which is why it's not on the list. I update the list when I add all the new screenshots (which I do in batches). So in addition to the list, would be a good idea to look for my last post where I've said I've updated the list and then look for new shots posted after that..

..Al

Ok...Thanks for the explanation, Al.

Hopefully, the list I just posted will help prevent future double-takes on ROMs as being a list the shows all ROMs which have already been screen (re)captured but not necessarily updated yet at this point.

We're coming pretty close to the end anyhow...lol.

Thanks for all the love shown to the 7800!

-Trebor

We're coming pretty close to the end anyhow...lol.

Yeah, that's part of the problem--as we get close to the end, we definitely need to be careful that the great work that's been done so far isn't duplicated. It takes a fair amount of time to update the screenshots--I have to copy each of the images, run an action on them in Photoshop, and properly rename each file, upload them when I'm done, verify all the shots are updated on the site properly, and then update the first message in this thread.. This is why I've been doing them in batches. :)

I appreciate everyone's hard work on getting these shots updated--they look great and are more comprehensive than the shots for all the other systems on AtariAge!

..Al

I don't mind about Xevious. I was actually thinking about going back and adding a few more screenshots to a couple of the ones I did since Mord and Trebor are making me look bad with the amount of screenshots they are taking. :P

Mitch

I don't mind about Xevious. I was actually thinking about going back and adding a few more screenshots to a couple of the ones I did since Mord and Trebor are making me look bad with the amount of screenshots they are taking. :P

Mitch

I should have double checked the entire thread before doing Xevious anyway. I noticed it wasn't on the list and knew it wasn't done recently so went ahead with it - yet at the back of my mind something didn't feel right. :ponder:

There's a couple of games that are undone that refuse to work for me much like how Scrapyard Dog wouldn't work for me until I updated to Prosystem 1.2. Can't remember them offhand and about to run off to work however. (Oh, Tower Toppler is one of them.) So might need another emulator or someone else who knows how to make it work to get the screen shots taken. ;)

--

Mord

There's a couple of games that are undone that refuse to work for me much like how Scrapyard Dog wouldn't work for me until I updated to Prosystem 1.2. Can't remember them offhand and about to run off to work however. (Oh, Tower Toppler is one of them.) So might need another emulator or someone else who knows how to make it work to get the screen shots taken. ;)

You can added Barnyard Blaster to the list. You can capture the Title Screen and Number of Players screen, but that's all, until an emulator comes along with lightgun support (Via mouse) and of course it needs to use the latest palette. :)

Only if MESS was updated with the latest palette - we could at least get Tower Toppler :ponder:

-Trebor

Edited by Trebor

--

Mord

Let me guess, those are 64k games right? For some reason ProSystem doesn't like 64k games that use the Atari banking scheme. You can double them up to 128k and then they work.

Mitch

It takes a fair amount of time to update the screenshots--I have to copy each of the images, run an action on them in Photoshop, and properly rename each file, upload them when I'm done, verify all the shots are updated on the site properly, and then update the first message in this thread.. This is why I've been doing them in batches. :)

Albert, check out A Better Finder Rename. It's excellent for batch-renaming files.

It takes a fair amount of time to update the screenshots--I have to copy each of the images, run an action on them in Photoshop, and properly rename each file, upload them when I'm done, verify all the shots are updated on the site properly, and then update the first message in this thread.. This is why I've been doing them in batches. :)

Albert, check out A Better Finder Rename. It's excellent for batch-renaming files.

Yeah, I have used several utilities like this in the past--the naming part isn't *too* bad as I just click on the last filename and then alter the sequence digit. I only have to type the full filename once. To use a renaming utility I would have to make sure the files are already named in the proper sequence in some fashion, or that the time date stamps are chronologically accurate (assuming such a utility will let you order the files by the timestamp before renaming them).

..Al

You can double them up to 128k and then they work.

Ahhh...Forgot about that point. Thanks for the reminder, Mitch!

What's the best way to do that? I tried doing a copy /b type thing from dos but the resulting file still wouldn't work for me. :/

You can double them up to 128k and then they work.

Ahhh...Forgot about that point. Thanks for the reminder, Mitch!

What's the best way to do that? I tried doing a copy /b type thing from dos but the resulting file still wouldn't work for me. :/

You should be able to do it with the copy command in DOS but I don't remember the command line. I usually just do a select all then copy and past in my hex editor.

Mitch

REALSPORTS BASEBALL:

Such a hideous logo on that title screen!!

Urk. Yeah... looks like a 5th grader drew it. (My apologies to 5th graders.)

Edit: I can't stop looking at it. It's awfulness beckons me. Like driving past a train wreck. You can't not look.

Edited by Nathan Strum

copy /b tt.a78+tt.a78 new_tt.a78

If the filename has spaces in it be sure to surround it in quotes..

for example

copy /b "Tower Toppler (1988) (Atari).a78"+"Tower Toppler (1988) (Atari).a78" "New Tower Toppler (1988) (Atari).a78"

Yep, that's what I tried, and it failed on me. :/ I still get the black screen.

Here's an updated complete list of the ROMs captured to help prevent duplicate work:

Ace of Aces

Alien Brigade

Asteroids

b*nQ

Ball Blazer

Basketbrawl

Beef Drop

Centipede

Choplifter!

Color Selector Demo

Commando

Crack'ed