IGNORED

What Xbox 360 game are you currently playing?

moycon

I just went back last night and started over, focusing on a Warrior class to begin with. The game is certainly "unique" from some of the Action/RPG's I've played, but it's riveting and it's the game I frequently put into the 360 lately. Kingdom's of Amalur: Reckoning is another on my list for a Fable-type game, but I'll have some Christmas money to go shopping with and work on some of the more obscure titles for the 360 I don't have.

Cimerians, thank you for the tips. My gamertag is Trekkie66 in case anyone wants to add me to access their pawns. Probably can't use them for awhile, but it would be nice to have the option. I promise not to bother you too much. :P

I just went back last night and started over, focusing on a Warrior class to begin with. The game is certainly "unique" from some of the Action/RPG's I've played, but it's riveting and it's the game I frequently put into the 360 lately. Kingdom's of Amalur: Reckoning is another on my list for a Fable-type game, but I'll have some Christmas money to go shopping with and work on some of the more obscure titles for the 360 I don't have.

Cimerians, thank you for the tips. My gamertag is Trekkie66 in case anyone wants to add me to access their pawns. Probably can't use them for awhile, but it would be nice to have the option. I promise not to bother you too much. :P

Sounds good, its no problem since you can use friends pawns even when they are offline and no request is made to the owner. You just go to the rift and they are just there milling about. I'll login this week and see where my pawn is at and what her name is.

I went from warrior to strider on my first character and that worked very well. A lot of people play mages too. Discipline point farming can be done by killing goblins\hobgoblins repeatedly in southwest Gransys (south of the healing spring). Also don't try the isle until your around level 50-70. (Beat the game a few times).

Game on!

Sounds good, its no problem since you can use friends pawns even when they are offline and no request is made to the owner. You just go to the rift and they are just there milling about. I'll login this week and see where my pawn is at and what her name is.

I went from warrior to strider on my first character and that worked very well. A lot of people play mages too. Discipline point farming can be done by killing goblins\hobgoblins repeatedly in southwest Gransys (south of the healing spring). Also don't try the isle until your around level 50-70. (Beat the game a few times).

Game on!

Thanks for the advice and the possible use of your pawn.. Maybe I didn't give the Mage enough of a try, so I will go back and create one more to my liking. Now, another question: How is Dark Souls II? That one sounds interesting and the price is right. Any thoughts?

Dark Souls II is a whole different beast. I hate using the term but it's very close to a "rogue-like". They are difficult games by nature. There's no perma-death but you die a lot. That's the only way you can learn how to beat the monsters and the traps in the world. Die and learn. Kind of like old Megaman games where you have to keep playing a level over and over until you learn how to beat it. Something like that. There's a lot of defensive technique's and weapons make a big difference in the game.

I beat the first game and partially played DII, Demons Souls and Bloodborne (the PS exclusives).

They aren't my favorite games of all time but I like them for what they are. They are not for everyone, there's only a certain portion of gamers who can handle them. A lot apparently since its got legions of cult fans.

I went through a few videos last night of the game play and decided to pass on it for now. Perhaps as part of my collection down the road, but at this time I'm focusing on buying then playing the games I get. That's what most of my Xbox 360 collection is based on: The games on the shelf will get pulled down frequently and enjoyed.

So, are there other "types" of games like Dragons Dogma that I might have missed? I have the Dragon Age games (personal favorites of mine), Dogma, potentially Kingdoms of Amalur...something else cross someone's radar that I might not have considered? I have Shadows of Mordor as well, which I really haven't had a chance to "get into" yet. I also should collection the Fable series as well, just to say I have them. lol

Dark Suls 2? You ever played Dark Souls? The original one? If not, Play that. You can get the Prepare to die Edition or the normal one. I don't even really like the DLC. It has a couple cool moments but Overall is very mediocre in comparison to the beginning of the main game.

Dark Souls 2 Is just some ripoff.

But I recommend playing Dark Souls on PC, because on consoles the framerate is abominable in certain parts.

Dark Souls isn't an RPG though. It lets you finish the game at base Level with any class if you're good enough. It's an Action game with some elements of an RPG and a medieval Fantasy bizarre theme. It's one of my favorite games of all time, but you might want to Play it with a walkthrough, because some stuff is confusing and gets unnecessarily frustrating. That's why the game has the fame of being hard. Because some stuff is just too poorly explained, you get lost, you die, you have no clue what the hell is going on and you just quit. But the game isn't hard once you know what you're supposed to be doing and how to use the mechanics.

I know many People who finished Dark Souls without knowing some of the most Basic mechanics in the game. Of course it's going to be much harder that way... Even leveling up and how the atributes affect the stats is something you probably won't udnerstand without readiong about it or watching a Video. It's not complicated, it#s just not as obvious as it is in other games.

The ga is worth it. It's not hard, it was never made to be specially hard. It just Forces you to Play kinda properly. It's not ridiculously easy as many games where if you grind enough button mashing will get you through for sure, but if you learn the game it's fine. Except for going up Se's Fortress and past the archers of Anor Londo. But Sen's Fortress is one of the most briliantly conceived Levels of any game ever. It's just incredibly clever and fun. I wish we had more of that kinda stuff in gaming.

Dark Souls 2 though, in my personal oppinion, is trash. It's hard, slow, Boring, bland and frustrating. I forced myself to Play that game for over 30 hours, and after 3 tries, restarting from scratch I just gave up. It could have been good if only the People who made it had understood why the mechanics of the first game were there in the first place. But they clearly didin't. What a mess...

Nope. Never played either of the games, but have looked them up on occasion to see what they were like. Fortunately with Marketplace, I can download most anything I want. Just checked out Darksouls (without the expansion) and the game looks good. Not sure how I would do with a game that was "hard", as my skill level with gaming these days isn't as good as it used to be (and it wasn't great to begin with).

Unfortunately, I have no PC to speak of, so my option would be on my Xbox 360 (my main gaming machine). I think as I explained earlier, I'm trying to find some "well rounded" additions to add to my Xbox 360 library. And since some aren't available at my local Gamestop (or any other place within about a 50-mile radius), I will have to utilize the Marketplace to obtain some of the titles I'm looking for.

Thanks for the advice. Anything else someone might recommend for Action/RPG titles, obscure or otherwise?

Update on my most recent download, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (sorry for the double-post):

Well, at first the download didn't seem to work. Invested $50.00 into the games (DLC's, theme, avatar item, the works) but when I went to start a game, it kept freezing on the beginning loading screen. After some swearing, cussing, and cursing, a little research showed that I shouldn't have downloaded the Online Pass, as it was built in to the game that I just downloaded. Once that file was deleted, Amalur decided to let me in. Played until well past 11 p.m. last night, trying to figure things out and finding the game extremely fun. Usually I'm a diehard "must own a physical copy" guy, but this download was well worth it.

• 3 weeks later...

Another double post. Sorry, Albert. :D

Picked up a copy of Metro: Last Light (complete, no less) for about $18.00. I know I'm currently jobless and broke (almost), but I wanted to have this game. I've been pretty careful picking up titles for my 360 lately, but I have heard some good stories about this one and wanted to give it a go. Rumor has it it's better than Metro 2033 (Gamestop didn't have that one). I'm going to give it a spin in a few minutes.

What is this game all about? I've heard of it but never really explored the game.

The Deus Ex series is a cyberpunk RPG series. If you like Blade Runner or William Gibson novels, you'll love the Deus Ex series. You can get the original Deus Ex on Steam for next to nothing and can play it on a $200 netbook. Deus Ex constantly shows up on Top 10 lists as one of the best PC games ever made. Personally, the original Deus Ex ie one of my favorite games ever. Human Revolution is a reboot of the series and takes place before the original Deus Ex. You can get it for free on Games with Gold.

Deus Ex: Invisible War and Project Snowblind were also on the original Xbox and can be played on the X360 via backwards compatibility, if you want to get into the series.

Edited by Major Havoc 2049

Go me. Picked up Mass Effect 3 for $5.00 at Gamestop and now have all three in the set. So many more sets to complete...so little time. Wait, am I supposed to actually PLAY these? *shock horror dismay* Oh yeah...I am. Well, whenever I "finish" (I don't know if I ever will...so many side quests to do in Kingdoms of Amalur) <---this game I can move on to the Mass Effect Trilogy and get lost in one of the best space operas to grace a platform. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered ScreamRide Thursday night and it arrived about an hour before noon on Superbowl Sunday, so guess what I've been playing all day? It was supposed to arrive on Wednesday, but it only took two and a half days to get here. It's weird getting packages on Sunday.

I originally bought a "new" copy at GameSlop (oops, I mean GameStop) that Thursday. When I got to the car, I remembered that I forgot to look at the disc, so I peeled off the circular piece of tape the guy stuck on the box and was surprised to see a scratched up disc. I took it back in and the guy said it got scratched when he cleaned the dust off with his shirt. He said games get dusty in the drawer, so he has to dust them off with his shirt. I told him that I've seen used games that weren't as scratched, then he started talking about how new games get dusty and scratched up in the drawer if they are old. He said the game was at least 2 years old. I told him that the game was released in February or March of 2015, so it's only been a year. He said the game was released before that because he was selling it at another GameSlop that he worked at before February/March. He said some games are released before the official release date. According to Wikipedia, the release date was announced on November 14, 2014, so I don't see how the guy could have been selling it before that.

I think he's a lying sack of slop. The game is a year old, not two and it was probably a used game or a new game that one or more of the employees took home and abused. I got my money back and ordered the game from Amazon. I need to remember to buy stuff from Amazon and forget about going to GameSlop.

• Like 1

Buying on Amazon is kinda crappy. Gamestop is way worse. I hate buying on These stores that open the games like that. What's the Point of buying a brand new product that has been opened and messed with? As you said, you could buy used in better condition than what they deliver.

But seriously, he cleans discs with his Shirt? He says this as if it's normal? They guy's excuse for the disk being scratched is that he scratched it in a moronic way? he expected you to say: "alright then, just wanted to check what scratched my game, if it was your awesome Shirt it's fine then."

Gamestop...

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I finished Gears of War 3 over the weekend.

Damn what a sweet,fun game. The whole fuck you attitude with the characters shit talking towards their enemies with the run and gun action is so damn enjoyable. Sometimes you'll hear some crazy cursing insults being thrown around,or see an over the top ugly and gross slug enemy and just start laughing at all the warped craziness.

I also have the first two ready to play thanks to backward compatibility.

So its either playing those two or maybe Dark Souls since it just went on the list also.

Edited by PhoenixMoonPatrol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Remembered that, a few years back, the wifey got me an Xbox 360 and put it in the living room. Since it was hidden behind a cabinet, no one has touched it in said length of time. Took the unit, controllers, etc. out from the cabinet and moved it to my man-cave. Then played Diablo III with my favorite character/class: The Wizard. Wonderful!