IGNORED

What Xbox 360 game are you currently playing?

moycon

Started playing Diablo III again, as a Wizard (my favorite character). Also dabbling a bit in Halo 3. Picked up a copy of Dead Space (one of my all-time favorite shooters on the 360) and it STILL scares the hell out of me at certain points. :skull:

I'm thinking of doing a major move to the system from other systems and making it my dedication gaming console, along with my Atari 2600. If that's going to happen, then I can pick up either a 250 gb model S or a "new" model E 500 gb system. I'll have my 4 gb as a back up "just in case". With the money from a trade in, I can pick up a bunch of titles and the console.

I'm still thinking about it, though. There's a ton of games (mostly in their original cases) down at my local Gamestop that are priced $10.00 and under I want, and the model E with a 500 gb hard drive wouldn't be such a bad idea for media and downloadable content.

Question: I've been playing Skyrim for a short while now. Level 7 or 8 (warrior) should I install my DLC or wait? If install which ones first or all?

From what I recall you can install it at any time, you won't be forced to start playing the new content or anything like that. The Hearthfire DLC is good to have early on as it allows you to buy land and build houses.

Picked up Bioshock (surprisingly good condition...used WITH all manuals intact. Imagine my surprise) and Dead Space 2 (also complete..must have been my lucky day at Gamestop).

Working on completing series of games at the moment...and I have to say Gamestop's selection of Xbox 360 games has improved considerably, since the console's no longer being made. So for this weekend, it was:

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition

Dead Space

Bioshock

Edited by DS Dude

Picked up Bioshock (surprisingly good condition...used WITH all manuals intact. Imagine my surprise) and Dead Space 2 (also complete..must have been my lucky day at Gamestop).

Working on completing series of games at the moment...and I have to say Gamestop's selection of Xbox 360 games has improved considerably, since the console's no longer being made. So for this weekend, it was:

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition

Dead Space

Bioshock

Nice! Wait until you get to Bioshock 2 and Dead Space 3 (both are really amazing).

Recently picked up LEGO Jurassic World. Played through JP, TLW, and JP3 story modes. Just started the Jurassic World section.

Pretty fun overall. Like the films, I found the JP story more fun and engaging than TLW or JP3. Nobody really gets eaten - not even the cow or the pig.

I played through Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions a few weeks ago. A little repetitive in spots, but a great game overall, and I geeked out to the old Spider-Man voice actors reprising their roles. Dan Gilvezan, Josh Keaton, Chris Daniel Barnes... totally awesome. Even Neil Patrick Harris was tolerable!

• 3 weeks later...

Played through Brutal Legend. I've had that game for years, and it sat unopened. Finally decide to give it a go.

I can say I had a good time with it. The amount of old heavy metal songs you could unlock was great. The game play seemed for the most part familiar.

Another one of those games with a semi-open world populated with baddies, a main quest, lots of side quests, and some scattered collectibles. I would think you'd have to be a fan of heavy metal music to really appreciate the game. I don't think there is a huge built in audience, which might explain why the game didn't do much when it was released.

I'd recommend it, although mainly if you are a fan of classic heavy metal music. If you saw and enjoyed Pick of Destiny (A film that did so poorly most people never heard of it) you'll probably dig Brutal Legend.

• Like 1

I'm playing (and enjoying) Dead Space. There's just something about the game...the nuances, the frightening music that hits you hard at an area where everything's going nuts, the general ambiance. I love creeping around an "abandoned" space ship and finding out what the hell happened. I probably helps that I never really devoted much time to it the first time around, so the game seems very fresh and new.

• Like 1

Question: I've been playing Skyrim for a short while now. Level 7 or 8 (warrior) should I install my DLC or wait? If install which ones first or all?

/play mostly on weekends, short term

//married :\

You've probably already made up your mind, but when I played through Skyrim, I didn't like having the DLC going for my first playthrough. I was playing on Steam, and I turned them off (just have to check a box on Steam). They add some extra encounters in the villages that seemed disruptive to me. There are some people looking for the Dragonborn and there is a vampire storyline that will find you as you go from village to village. Its not really hard to just deal with those and move on, but I wanted to experience the core game before having to deal with that stuff.

I believe Hearthfire is the least intrusive if you want to turn that one on first.

You've probably already made up your mind, but when I played through Skyrim, I didn't like having the DLC going for my first playthrough. I was playing on Steam, and I turned them off (just have to check a box on Steam). They add some extra encounters in the villages that seemed disruptive to me. There are some people looking for the Dragonborn and there is a vampire storyline that will find you as you go from village to village. Its not really hard to just deal with those and move on, but I wanted to experience the core game before having to deal with that stuff.

I believe Hearthfire is the least intrusive if you want to turn that one on first.

Thanx, I have in fact installed Hearthfire and I'll wait awhile before installing the others.

I'm sure no one will believe me, but I started playing Culdcept Saga about a week ago. Still trying to get a new achievement in that one.

I tell ya, the achievements in some of those old games were brutal!

And today after many hours and days of playing, I got my first new achievement in Culdcept Saga. It was worth a whopping 5 GP.

I know very few have played this game, or probably even heard of it but let me tell you now. it's ridiculously frustrating and hard. Why do I keep playing!?

More time devoted to Dead Space. This game really is addictive...and I'm glad it's backward compatible. I'm limited on space, so despite wanting to put my Xbox 360 out, I don't have the room for more than two, and my Atari 2600 isn't going anywhere.