IGNORED

Lead Label Contest

Albert

Hmn. I gotta get some better programs, I made mine with windows paintbrush on windows 3.1 (yes, really).

AX

Wow, you did this with Paintbrush?

Photoshop on XP: Yes it runs on XP, but the problem is the cache/virtual memory. Photoshop 4.0 can't use it in XP. I had the same problem with Photoshop 4.0 and Win2000. If you don't want to buy a new version, then install it on a older windows or try GIMP, a free graphic software. At least you can search for Photoshop 3.0, which runs on Windows 3.1.

Holger

I have XP SP2 as well, I bought an old copy of 4.0 that DID work on XP, I hadn't used it in over a year and now it said out of memory when trying to load (but I'm not out of memory). It would certainly help. I love using paintbrush though, as a teen I pushed it to the limits and did stuff with it no one could do at the time without big money and machines.

Too bad, I give a search in adobe site, and they support only up to 5.0 version (translation kits, in most cases)

But I love MSpaint too, all of my sprites, including 2600 stuff, are drawed in ms paint :thumbsup:

I never draw in Paint an huge image like you did in your entry, that is impressive.

But in vetorial graphics software (photoshop, corel draw) you have good tools and filters that help alot!

If you don't want to buy a new version, then install it on a older windows or try GIMP, a free graphic software.

Yes, I read that GIMP is a good software. And welcome to AA forum, Holger :)

Edited by LS_Dracon

I don't see an entry from you yet! :D

No. Unless I get a great idea I may have to sit this one out. Between work, freelance, and a couple of other AA projects, there just doesn't seem to be enough time. Anyone know where I can get one of those time-stopping watches? I enjoy seeing how people interpret the game through label graphics though. Some cool ideas and lots of hidden talent out there.

I don't see an entry from you yet! :D

No. Unless I get a great idea I may have to sit this one out. Between work, freelance, and a couple of other AA projects, there just doesn't seem to be enough time. Anyone know where I can get one of those time-stopping watches? I enjoy seeing how people interpret the game through label graphics though. Some cool ideas and lots of hidden talent out there.

Yeah, I was just joking--I know you have your hands busy with other, unnamed AA-related projects. :D

If you find one of those time-stopping watches, I'll take two!

..Al

Just posted another entry, this time from Jason McCormack:

Jason McCormack (Entry #1)

..Al

Thanks!

I kinda thought the ship looked like an "A", so it would be cool to incorporate it into "LEAD". I'm using Photoshop 7.0 myself... been using it for years.

I really like your label Ivan! Holger and the.golden.ax's are pretty nice as well!

Edited by aftermac

I just completed a design last night and sent it in... hope to see it on the site soon. This is the first one of these comps I've entered- great fun!

I used Flash for the drawing and Photoshop for the layout of my cart labels. The small font I used I designed myself some time ago.

The graphic design was far more striking when I drew it in flash (RGB) so when I dropped it into Photoshop, the intensity of the colours dropped off... particularly the green tunnel. I'll post the RGB version here for you to see, though CMYK printing won't be able to replicate the palette.

atari-lead-artwork-dan-monceaux.jpg

When do you expect the next of these comps to run?

I just completed a design last night and sent it in... hope to see it on the site soon. This is the first one of these comps I've entered- great fun!

I used Flash for the drawing and Photoshop for the layout of my cart labels. The small font I used I designed myself some time ago.

The graphic design was far more striking when I drew it in flash (RGB) so when I dropped it into Photoshop, the intensity of the colours dropped off... particularly the green tunnel. I'll post the RGB version here for you to see, though CMYK printing won't be able to replicate the palette.

atari-lead-artwork-dan-monceaux.jpg

When do you expect the next of these comps to run?

Now, that's a cool label! :cool:

No, CMYK won't do everything RGB will but I find I have pretty good luck when mixing colors right in CMYK directly. Even if your document is in RGB, you still get a truer idea of what the colors will be. With the standard computer conversion from RGB to CMYK I find it introduces a lot of random ink percentages that just serve to muddy things up.

And for what it's worth, I think Albert can accept RGB files for print. True, in the end the printer will need to do the converting to CMYK but the files you deliver to Albert needn't be that way.

I really like Ivan Machado's entry but I wanted to suggest a change to it...

Tnx, I'm not good to draw logos, I don't know why.... :(

Anyway, if my entry is choosen and people preffer with these lines no problem to add it...

Cool labels is comming, I can't wait for see Nathan Strum's one :)

Edited by LS_Dracon