IGNORED

Atari Jagfest issue design contest

Dan Iacovelli

I have counted the votes and we do have winner,but the polls are still open till 5pm CT tonight

then on the special Video cast tonight at the start of the show I will announce the winner.

(we did get 7 votes btw)

Polls are are now closed and we have a clear winner. which will be announced at the start of the show.

• 1 month later...

Well here are June 2nd (about 11 days till somebody's 43 b-day :D ) and now that I'm mostly caught up with most of website work

Jagfest issues #1 and #2 design contest have officially restarted web page is now updated.

also a bit off topic: both Flip Camcorder and VGS Program contest has ended(the VGS program contest was won by paul zimmerman,I modified his

cover for a better look on cafepress) as for the Camcorder contests we got no entrees,so I did those myself. and they are currently on sale.

ok I am close to reaching the mark on the anniversary issue, so with that in mind be sure to watch the video cast tomorrow night at 8pm ct at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/avc-live-podcast

or go to the news page at the website for the announcement.

(small hint: it's not a new product,but it is related on how the anniversary issue going be sold,and maybe a special discount as well)

for those who missed the show last night:

the announcement is the following starting today at noon until july 18th

I will be taking request(not pre-orders) for the Jagfest tenth anniversary package

which includes: The Tenth Anniversary issue of the Jagfest issue (estimated release is August)

and the return of Jagfest tour shirt(which will have a new design on the front).

the estimated cost is $30.00 but for those request the package will get an e-certificate for $10.00

from news stand which will be used toward the package. Once the package is available

I will send the e-certificate to people who request the package.

to request a package: e-mail me at atarivideoclub@yahoo.com subject: Jagfest package request

and I will put you on the list for it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Vi has sent sent me his covers for #1 and #2.

I would like remind everyone else that deadline is October 1st .

on another subject: I'm thinking of doing another design contest in the near future for small posters (11 by 17 size) for the Jagfest On tour section.

the posters will then be shown and sold in limited supply at MGC and VGS.(Jagfest issues 1 to 6 will only be displayed,but I will be taking orders

for them, the anniversary issue will be displayed and sold at limited quantities though).

any thoughts?

(if your wondering about t-shirts, there won't be a design contest for that because I've already decided the new design for that which will debut

with the anniversary issue,it will retire the current design and match with the new covers)

• 2 months later...

This contest has now ended with v-master winning the covers with issues #1 and #2

http://www.cafepress.com/avcnews.411833823 (Jagfest issue #1)

http://www.cafepress.com/avcnews.410173490 (Jagfest issue #2)

(our next contest is scheduled to be at dec.31st for a Jagfest 11 by 17 posters)

(VGS program cover contests usally start around the time VGS date gets announced)