IGNORED

Pac-Man about to lose to Mewtoo?!?!? WTF?!?!

This one kills me:

Division 5

Donkey Kong

Miles 'Tails' Prower

Tidus

Weighted Companion

Cube

Winners:

Cube

Tidus

Who the hell are they? I figure it's safe to assume Cube has nothing to do with Q-Bert. :P

I lost all faith in the human race when the immortal Donkey Kong lost to a box with a heart on it.

Winners:

Cube

Tidus

Who the hell are they? I figure it's safe to assume Cube has nothing to do with Q-Bert. :P

Weighted Companion Cube is from the game Portal. It's not even alive, it's just a box with a heart on it that you have to move around.

Tidus the main character from Final Fantasy X

I'm convinced that Darthkur thought that "Weighted Companion" and "Cube" were separate characters. When I hear the name "Weighted Companion," I think of a morbidly obese Tails panting and wheezing behind Sonic.

Hahahahahahhaa. That's great. I can just imagine what that would look like. In fact, Tails and Mario have both been spending a bit too much time at the buffet table. :D

post-10357-1223925681.gif

Winners:

Cube

Tidus

Weighted Companion Cube is from the game Portal. It's not even alive, it's just a box with a heart on it that you have to move around.

Tidus the main character from Final Fantasy X

Thanks for the info. I never would've known that otherwise. That's exceptionally odd about the cube thing.

Edited by darthkur

Its not a stupid pokemon really. Its a GREAT pokemon. One of the best & strongest from the bunch.

Saying one Pokémon is better than another is kind of like saying a turd covered in glitter is better than the other turds floating in the toilet bowl. They're still turds.

Although hell didn't used to exist, the creation of Pokémon was such a huge sin that it forced God to do something he never thought he'd do. Although God was against the idea of hell and he previously let everyone into Heaven, God decided to make hell a reality just to torture the creator of Pokémon. And to further protect humanity, God has decided to throw all anime artists in hell too. He's still wondering if he should cast all Pokémon and anime fans into the lake of fire. If enough fans repent before the year 2012, he'll give them all a free pass into Heaven, but if most of them keep sinning against God, nature, all that is good in the universe, the Earth will crack open under their feet on December 21, 2012 and suck them all straight down to hell.

Hmmmm..... Me thinks that someone is not a pokemon lover (-_^). Oh well there still plenty of us pokemon supporters out there.

Pokemon is not a sin. Just a great creation.

Anthony....

I lost all faith in the human race when the immortal Donkey Kong lost to a box with a heart on it.

<smack><smack><smack>

NEVER speak in vain of the Weighted Companion Cube!!!!

<grrrrrrrrrrr>

"Two can play this game."

: with a gauntlet :

<smack><smack><smack><smack>

plus.......I incinerated my Weighted Companion Cube for a reason. :D

Its not a stupid pokemon really. Its a GREAT pokemon. One of the best & strongest from the bunch.

Saying one Pokémon is better than another is kind of like saying a turd covered in glitter is better than the other turds floating in the toilet bowl. They're still turds.

Although hell didn't used to exist, the creation of Pokémon was such a huge sin that it forced God to do something he never thought he'd do. Although God was against the idea of hell and he previously let everyone into Heaven, God decided to make hell a reality just to torture the creator of Pokémon. And to further protect humanity, God has decided to throw all anime artists in hell too. He's still wondering if he should cast all Pokémon and anime fans into the lake of fire. If enough fans repent before the year 2012, he'll give them all a free pass into Heaven, but if most of them keep sinning against God, nature, all that is good in the universe, the Earth will crack open under their feet on December 21, 2012 and suck them all straight down to hell.

Hmmmm..... Me thinks that someone is not a pokemon lover (-_^). Oh well there still plenty of us pokemon supporters out there.

Pokemon is not a sin. Just a great creation.

Anthony....

I liked it somewhat when it first came out, I thought it was a decent concept. Now it's just ridiculous and is one of those series that just needs to die out already.

Most people on Gfaqs seem to be in their teens, and haven't grown up with games like Pacman and whatever.

This kind of thing is always going to happen.

I did try to go on there myself and vote for Pacman, but it seems the poll has changed now.

Edited by Ross PK

Most people on Gfaqs seem to be in their teens, and haven't grown up with games like Pacman and whatever.

This kind of thing is always going to happen.

He's right you know and 30 years from now the kids voting at Gfaqs are going to be irate because whatever flavor of the month character is beating the hell out of their nostalgic characters in those polls :D that said the classics like Pac Man and Donkey Kong and the like should be in their own "Legends" competition and treated like the VIP's that they are.

And as for Poke-a-spew i'm sure that there was folks in the 80's who were absolutely sick of Pac-Man Games/Toys/Songs/Pinballs/Cartoons/Lunchboxes/Buttons/Patches/Boardgames/Furniture/Magnets/School Supplies/Bookbags/TShirts/Hats/Shoes/Costumes/Books/Candy etc...... I love Paccy just as much as anyone but fairs fair it's just a sign of the times and PokyMon :roll: is the current thing whether we "get" it or not.

And I hate all the new Metal Gear games so Big Boss is definately not my fav in this round. Metal Gear stopped being fun after Snake's Revenge.

Well, given that Big Boss is from the very first Metal Gear game, I'm not sure how that applies.

Also, Pokemon is actually a pretty good game series on its own terms. The problem is that Nintendo took Gamefreak's rather deep strategy game originally designed for late teens and up and marketed it to 5-year-olds with an insipid cartoon that replaces all the strategies with "power of love/friendship" platitudes. Judging Pokemon based on the cartoon is like judging Metroid based on Captain N: The Game Master or Pitfall based on Saturday Supercade. :)

Is it really that surprising that a character from a game series that continues to turn out hit games is more popular than a character whose height of popularity was nearly 30 years ago?

still...you can know damn well that when my kid is old enough he will know who pac-man is.

Then when he is eight, he'll play Pokemon on your neglected DS. ;)

lol there's no doubt there. And if I ever have a daughter, probably 50% of the DS library will be Imagine and Petz games, so I should be good there as well. lol