IGNORED

So I picked up Williams: Arcade's Greatest Hits for PSX

HammR25

So I picked up the PlayStation version of Williams: Arcade's Greatest Hits. I suddenly realize I'll be playing an emulator of an emulator.

This version seems to actually do the egg levels correctly by making sure the eggs don't appear on the cloud you're closest to unlike the PlayStation store and Xbox Live versions of Joust.

I haven't tried Robotron 2084 yet but I'm thinking it's not going to be fun since the analog sticks don't work with PSX games.

I'm thinking it's not going to be fun since the analog sticks don't work with PSX games.

To me it's just as fun playing Robotron on an 8-way pad and the 4 buttons in the diamond config. Works fine :P Sometimes they even work better than the analog sticks since there's less throw when rapidly changing directions, etc.

Robotron plays very well on that compilation. Lent it to a PS3 owning friend who'd never heard of Robotron to show him what all the fuss was about.

He thought it was hard and unfair. I tried to explain that that was the point. Ah well.

I haven't tried Robotron 2084 yet but I'm thinking it's not going to be fun since the analog sticks don't work with PSX games.

The Dual Shock came out for the PSX before it became the standard PS2 controller. And even that was preceded by the Dual Analog. So support does exist on the system, but it's on a game by game basis.

The Dual Shock came out for the PSX before it became the standard PS2 controller. And even that was preceded by the Dual Analog. So support does exist on the system, but it's on a game by game basis.

I bought this game a few months ago and play it on my PS3, too. I have the 60 gig, so I guess I am just playing it one emulator. So you have the 80? How well do the 80 gig playstations play ps1 and ps2 games? I got the 60 so that it would have the actual hardware in it.