IGNORED

Fable 2 or Fallout 3?

moycon

Another vote for Fallout 3 here. Just picked it up the other day and I'm having a complete blast with it, which is a bit weird sinc eI never really got into Oblivion (or any western RPG for that matter), but the setting is just so damn awesome I can't get enough. I like the fact that it's a little more linear than ESIV, the main thing that really bothered me was that it was too easy to get overwhelmed with quests, not that there isn't a ton to do in this game, there is, but the quests seem to flow better, it seems like instead of there being tons of quick side missions everywhere the optional quests are just longer.

I've yet to play Fable II, but I can't imagine it bests Fallout.

I've yet to play Fable II, but I can't imagine it bests Fallout.

It's a totally different experience compared to Fallout 3. Definately not better than the epic Fallout 3, though, but good in it's own little ways.

Edited by PressureCooker2600

• 1 year later...

It really all depends.

What kind of a challenge are you looking for?

What kind of game envoronment do you enjoy?

They both have pros and cons to consider.

Fable II was an easier game, which I enjoyed, it was being able to easily beat this game the brought me into modern gaming (up until Fable, the only modern games I had played were games on the Wii like NSMB, Mario Kart, Mercury Melt Down etc).

The environments are pretty, and it is a pretty fun game.

But be warned, once you beat the game, own everything, and have completed most of the side quests, it can lose its replay value pretty fast. At most you can play the game four times, man/woman, good/evil.

You can probably pick this game up for $20 or less by now.

Fallout 3.

Excellent, in depth game.. but the one flaw (imo anyway) is everything has to be brown. Its that damn modern game brown thing. Brown sky, brown ground, brown facial hair, brown buildings.. I just can stomach it. I mean, I understand its the post apocolyose, everything is dead and polluted.. but would it really hurt to have more than one primary color on the screen at once?

Either way, you can easily score both games for under $20. So $35-42 for both games, still $20 less than one new game. Try both of em.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm gonna guess he liked Fallout 3 more.... he's only missing 1 achievement for it!!

amazing! That's a ton of work!

-rick

LOL Just saw this. Yes I have to go back and play the Alien Spaceship DLC again. I didn't collect all the reports I think.

I should have worked on it before picking up New Vegas!!