IGNORED

Atari 7800 HSC reloaded Round 4 " Galaga "

darthkur

new score!!

I want a hiscore cart!! U_U

wave 50 (bonus rounds repeats again in wave 43)

I usually destroy almost all enemies before they reach the upper screen. To do this I stay in the border (right or left) of the screen when starting a new wave, (or at the point that enemies change direction). At these points, it's very easy destroy all the formations (of course, with double-ship).

Remember in later levels that the last enemy of every formation will be go to your ship instead go to the upper screen. Try to destroy it before this. (It's very difficult to avoid it when attacks you)

imagen034eg7.th.jpgthpix.gif

new score!!

wave 50

imagen034eg7.th.jpgthpix.gif

:-o :-o :-o :-o That's some really good shooting.

(bonus rounds repeats again in wave 43)

I usually destroy almost all enemies before they reach the upper screen. To do this I stay in the border (right or left) of the screen when starting a new wave, (or at the point that enemies change direction). At these points, it's very easy destroy all the formations (of course, with double-ship).

Remember in later levels that the last enemy of every formation will be go to your ship instead go to the upper screen. Try to destroy it before this. (It's very difficult to avoid it when attacks you)

I wondered when the bonus rounds would start to either repeat the last one over and over or recycle. With a score of almost 400 grand I assume you're adept at getting the 10k bonus for most of those bonus rounds.

That's definitely the trick, wiping out the formations before they muster at the top. But avoiding the incoming fire and those dive bombers gets very challenging with them moving so rapidly. Especially doing this repeatedly without error.

• 7 months later...

I know this thread has ended a while back for the contest, but here is my High Score. It was after playing a two player game. The other died a long while back, I kept going.

Galaga%20002.jpg

Edited by etschuetz

I know this thread has ended a while back for the contest, but here is my High Score. It was after playing a two player game. The other died a long while back, I kept going.

Galaga%20002.jpg

That's a really great score. How long did that take?

Please feel free to join in on the current and future rounds.

That's a really great score. How long did that take?

Please feel free to join in on the current and future rounds.

I think I sat there playing for about 3 hours? That may be a bit longer than it was. This screen shot (with my digicam) is about 2 years old. However, it doesn't really seem to take long to rack up a good score on those older arcade shooters.

• 4 weeks later...