IGNORED

Animal Crossing: City Folk

8th lutz

Interesting thing my wife notice, although I'm sure everyone figured it out already. Seems a little Nintendo censorship had slipped into the game. She tried to change one of the characters phrase to "bird poop" and it would not let her. So she changed it to "poo".

post-3211-1244249950_thumb.jpg

Edited by Shannon

My wife and I are especially ill-behaved, I guess. We get censored more often than not. I like to give the characters catchphrases based on their personal animalistic features. The pig in our town says "Baconator," which I still find hilarious. One other person says "Flowerhump" because it looked like she was trying to get it on with some tulips once.

Today I caught the birdwing butterfly and an eel! I love the star of new months. I will try to leave our town open sometime this weekend.

• 3 weeks later...

I play almost every day, but rarely venture out of town or open it up to people. Maybe soon--it's just a pain to coordinate.

Have fun! I think it is a really cool game and appeals specifically to anyone with a collector/hoarder mindset.

Well I'm assuming you added "cookie" from goobville. If so I'll mention it to her. We have all the fruits. I'll add the friend code and ask her to open the gate when she does her daily chores.

I just did a run thru of the town though and it looks like she already picked the fruit off the trees so I'm not sure what day they will grow back.

Well I'm assuming you added "cookie" from goobville. If so I'll mention it to her. We have all the fruits. I'll add the friend code and ask her to open the gate when she does her daily chores.

I just did a run thru of the town though and it looks like she already picked the fruit off the trees so I'm not sure what day they will grow back.

Yep and thanks...

Add "York" too. On Animal Crossing my character is "Hitchcop" because I could not use Hitchcock. :)

I have all fruits but oranges. So if you have any Oranges, please bring 1.

I will try to be on tonight (Monday) but if you don't see me tonight, I will be travelling a lot, so I won't be able to get on that much this week.

See you there! Let me know in a PM what time you are on Tonight.

ok legeek. Our town is open for the night and we will try to open it other nights in the week. Tom Nook is currently closed for construction though. :(

If anyone wants to visit, feel free to visit. We just got a Wii speak and are wanting to try it out!

• 5 weeks later...

Sigh... a lot of work went down the drain.

My wife is interested in playing Animal Crossing and I went to show her my town and how the game works and found that my save file was nowhere to be found. Not sure what happened to it as I don't ever recall erasing it but somehow the save file is gone.

Soooo.... I need a little help: I need anyone who can (or wants to) to re-register me as a friend so that you can send me some fruit via mail. I have peaches, so all other fruits are needed. My wife said she didn't really want to play on the internet (she has never played any games online), so I told her I'd try to get all the fruits for her.

If you would please re-register me as a friend (and change my info in the master list also, please), and post here that you did so so that I can register you, I'd really really appreciate it.

My info:

Name: Mendon

Town: Pixley

Code: 0431-6695-4253

Fruit: Peaches

Thanks for any help you can give!

Mendon

Edited by Mendon

I'm pretty sure that you have to visit another persons town at least ONCE before it will let you send mail to each other.

I didn't know that. Seems strange that Nintendo would require a visit before you can send a letter as I can't see the reasoning, especially since getting co-ordinated town openings can be difficult. But oh well, if the wife has to live on a diet of peaches, so be it! :)

Mendon

I play Animal Crossing:City Folk almost every day. I don't have my Wii hooked up to the Internet so I just play solo. For some reason this game still draws me in. I vowed after the DS version I would walk away from Animal Crossing for good but the Wii version sucked me back in!

I am curious of the empty lamp that I have found. It's the second time I found one. I am holding on to one of them (I sold the other) but have no idea what it is used for. Do you give it to somebody?

Also, is there any way to get different fruit in your village by playing solo? I was able to get a variety of fruit in the GameCube version and some in the DS version, but I only have oranges and coconuts in the Wii version.

Sorry Mendon; I didn't get on tonight because MrsMMF decided to go to Dave & Busters. On the plus side I won enough redemption tickets to get myself a copy of Warioland: Shake It! for the Wii. That's kind of a double redemption in fact since I also got 50 coins from Club Nintendo for registering it. :D

• 3 years later...

Thats cool I did not know if anyone else played Animal Crossing esp since this hasn't been touched in close to 4 years

is it still possible to visit other friends if they are on or is the Nintendo server gone ??

It's still possible to visit friends. At the end of this month, Nintendo is disabling WiiConnect24, which means you won't be able to send letters to friends in other towns--but even after that, you can still play together.

• 9 months later...