IGNORED

Animal Crossing: City Folk

8th lutz

Mendon - are you sure that's a Wii code and not a DS code?

Here's my Wii Code for AC: City Folk:

Town: Omaha

Name: Chelzie

Code: 2707-5121-4562

I have pears.

The code I put in in my first message was the Wii code for my console. I thought you had to register a friends console to exchange mail and such. I forgot to include my Animal Crossing Friend code to visit towns and such. An oversight on my part and Thanks for pointing that out.

Town: Pixley

Name: Croniis

Code: 3008 - 1603 - 8318

I gave my original Wii console to my son since I wasn't using the Wii much at the time and he desperately wanted a Wii but couldn't find one. I now have another Wii and its console number was different from the number that was listed in the Master Wii Code List here.

The Master List has been updated with my new console number (Thanks to whomever did that... you are FAST!), but I'll put it here again since I want to make "friends" in Animal Crossing:

3544 - 2826 - 2434 - 3977

I guess I need to get busy and start entering codes from the Master List since I haven't done so for this replacement console.

Mendon

Edited by Mendon

If anyone wants to visit or me to visit tonight, just PM me or post in here. Seems if you get disconnected from WFC while the gate is open all progress is lost. Given my experiences with Mario Kart disconnecting intermittengly I don't wanna take to many chances.

It already happened to my wife while she was playing.

She is currently playing now.

I'll just check here periodically....

Edited by Shannon

I'm going to enter your wifes AC code as soon as I'm done typing this, Shannon.

I have the gate to Pixley open right now and will leave it that way for a bit. If I get a chance, after supper, I might try and see if Goobervill or Goobvill is open for business.

Mendon

Grabbed this one today! It sure is Animal Crossing.

I moved over from my DS town, which I thought was pretty cool. I don't know if animals I knew will remember me or not... Nook, Pelly and the 'permanent cast' don't. I do wish they would have changed these characters at least. Different animals as mayor, tailor, etc would have been cool instead of the same citizens that have been in 3 different towns now. I kind of feel like I'm playing Animal Crossing Crisis on Infinite Earths. Still, AC is AC and this game is going to be a lot of fun.

Here's my Friend info - I'll add you guys when I play in the morning

figgler

Citytown

0216 - 4321 - 1767

;)

When you elect to leave your town, ol Copper does his internet thing and then presents you with a list of towns with open gates. Next to each name is a set of icons, 5 of them I believe. When I tried to get into Goobvill tonight, only one of those 5 icons was colored in or "lit".

Anyone happen to know what those icon's mean? Are they related to signal strength in some way? If more than one icon is lit, then do you have a better chance of connecting?

Mendon

I'm seeing lots of discussion about differences and that people have the game etc.... but no real reviews. I am considering getting this title for my GF who loved the Gamecube version. I got her the DS version, but she never really got into it at all. She played it a few days and then dropped it. Said it was too much like the GC version I think. Is the Wii version worth a purchase? I saw Mendon mentioned a list of differences. Are they enough to justify buying the title or will someone that got burned out on the first one find little new here?

I've added everyone in here to my list minus Figgler, but I'll get you added either later tonight or tomorrow.

Here is my code for everyone:

Town: Atlantis

Name: Crossbow

Fruit: Oranges

AC FCode: 5069 - 7430 - 6029

My GF is playing now, but doesn't have the gate open. I'll tell her to open the gate up for a bit. Here is her code:

Town: Atlantis

Name: Sweetpea

Fruit: Oranges

AC FCode: 1032 - 4761 - 1079

As for the game itself. Simply put this version is the DS version on the big screen with Wii remote control. Same scrolling land effect, same characters far as I can tell etc. However, some things are much easier now. Like you don't have to wait for Nook to upgrade to a certain level on the shop to get hair styles. In addition, as long as your willing to pay, you can get different emotions everyday instead of waiting for Dr. Shrunk (sp?) to show up on the one day like he used to in the DS version.

In a nutshell this is the same AC we have played before especially on the DS. Only now it is much easier to meet and speak with all the characters in the game instead of waiting for them to visit on their respective days.

Another huge change that I haven't got to test yet, is that when other guests visit your town now on Wi-Fi, the animals actually stay milling about instead of hiding in their houses as they did in the DS version. This is more "Realistic" in terms of character AI.

Mushrooms are also present in this game and I don't recall them being in the game before. I also really really really like the new quick switching ability with your gear using the Wii remote control pad. Wish I had a slingshot already as I've seen at least 2 baloons fly over my town that I can't shoot down yet. At least the baloons seem to take forever to float across which gives you plenty of time to shoot them down.

And I have to disagree with some who say the graphics aren't improved. They are in subtle but very nice ways. The textures are much better overall. The flowers and plants especially look good. I think there will be alot of time spent on this version. And this is coming from someone who still played his DS version nearly daily until I picked this up.

Speaking of which, how does one move their whole town over?! I was only able to move my character, not my town?!

Edited by -^Cro§Bow^-

Yeah that's the standard code. Let me know if you have any luck connecting to anyone else as well. I had alot of difficulty connecting to Mario Kart Wii as well for the last few weeks. It gets really annoying.

I called Nintendo last night about the error code and not being able to leave my town. Their first response was to just keep trying.....sigh.

When I pressed the rep, he wanted me to go into my router and Wii and change all kinds of settings. I told him that my current setup works perfectly with all channels on the Wii (including playing Medal of Honor online); works perfectly with my PS3; works perfectly with my Xbox360; works perfectly with my PC; works perfectly with my media extender. Why should I change anything on my system since it seems that the problem with AC is with the settings on NWFC? The rep couldn't give me a answer other than I needed to change *MY* settings, so I told him Thank You and hung up.

(NOTE: though I didn't resolve my problem, dealing with Nintendo customer service was not an unpleasant experience, and far, far better than dealing with MS or Sony.)

I'll try a few more times over the next few days to see if I can leave my town or if anyone visits. But since everything else in my network works perfectly except for AC, I'm not going to go fooling around with my settings.

Mendon

Edited by Mendon

Speaking of which, how does one move their whole town over?! I was only able to move my character, not my town?!

I don't think you can. Your DS town is still functioning on that cart after you move. When you boot City Folk a second time there's an option for 'DS Suitcase' but I haven't any idea what that does. I am hoping there is away to transfer patterns, I had some really cool ones on DS that I guess I could just reproduce, but that's a drag.

It looks like only your character can be brought over. You inventory, bells, etc remain on the DS. Only other thing that gets brought over is your catalog of stuff you can order from Nook.

I also had a bunch of really cool patterns. I used to have a program that helped me transfer pretty much any picture into a DS pattern that I could then print off to recreate within the game. I need to dig that up or see if there is a newer one for the Wii version since AC on the Wii appears to allow more details in the patterns than what we could do previously.

I still need a damn slingshot!!! I hate seeing balloons in the sky that I can't shoot down?!

Edited by -^Cro§Bow^-

Just a few notes.

Each character in the game has a seperate friend code and list. Ugghh... Thank you nintendo. :roll:

I highly suggest periodically closing and then re-opening your gate. That way if you get disconnected from WFC you wont loose too much. My wife was a little upset when she had to do some things over. :lol:

The DS briefcase allows you to transfer your character over to your DS, go over to a friends house and visit their Wii Animal crossing town. Kind like a real life bus. :lol:

Yeah I like the quick tool switch button. My wife discovered it last night. Nice!!! :D

I added everyone. But Mendon is the only name that has a heart next to it. (I'm assuming that signifies we both got the codes verified).

Edited by Shannon

Shannon..... saw your town open this morning and tried four times to visit over about a 30 min time period. I got a different message this time, something along the lines of "For some strange reason, I did not get a response. Either the town is closed or you have been removed from that person's friend list".

Not sure what is going on but so far I am NOT impressed with NWFC.

I have hearts next to the names of Shannon, Shannon's wife, and MrsMegaManFan. I've registered Figgler and Crossbow, also.

Crossbow..... Nook's hasn't had a slingshot available for sale yet in my town. But then, I've Nook's hasn't had an axe for sale either. Every day, he has the net, shovel, and water can available, but no axe or slingshot. In fact, he only had the fishing pole available the first time I booted up the game and it hasn't been back since. I've seen the balloon going overhead every day but have no way of getting it either. And I have a bunch of tree's I need to remove but no axe.

Finally got an invite to Redd's place and joined.

Mendon

That is odd.. as the Fishing pole is always available in Nook's store on my town. The net has only been available twice so far... and watering can has always been there.

I'm betting the sligshot and axe won't become available until after Nook's first upgrade. Should happen automatically either when we buy X number of items or time.

Just have to wait and see. There has to be a way to get these items. I even tried waiting on a higher cliff portion of my town for that balloon to come overhead, and the damn thing went up higher when it got that cliff!!! ugh...

Last night I registered everyone on my FC list for AC. But none had hearts when I went to bed around midnight central time last night.

I leave my Wii in wii-connect 24 mode. So I'm hoping I have some hearts next to some names when I get home later.

Well I was able to connect and play a few rounds of Mario Kart Wii (after being disconnected about 3 rounds). I have a sneaky nintendo's servers are just overloaded and they don't want to admit it. :lol:

Anyways mendon I saw your town was available earlier today as well and I even tried to visit it 3 times. But it failed. It did take it longer to get back to me with a message. It did not give a code, though. Just said it was unable to connect to your town and that it was possible you got disconnected from WFC. Or something stupid like that.

I;ve no doubt that Nintendo's servers are being taxed to the hilt right now. Almost every new DS game with Wi-Fi I've had problems getting to connect through WFC because of network traffic. It just goes to show how much of an infant Nintendo still is with online networking.

However, it isn't an excuse since Nintendo uses money as toilet paper they have so much of it. You know they have the funding to improve this.

I suspect connects will be easier in the later evenings (Once the kiddies are in bed), and as the weeks go by and the newness wears off it will become easier to connect.

I have been having trouble with Mario Kart for weeks now.

Bought AC:CF for my wife and she played it for about an hour last night. I fell asleep after 30 minutes or so. Not really sure if it is my cup of tea, but I will get our friend codes and open the town (Oakville) on up so all you AAers can come by. Hopefully. Bonus, Amazon.com sent me a $10 off code for my next game!

These Nintendo network issues are getting old...

I've added everyone's FC here as of tonight. ;)

Keyboard support is very cool on this.

Also, I'm getting back into one of my favourite parts of AC - Superhero T-Shirt designs. I'd like to display my shirts in as many towns as will have me really. I dig the whole viral element of animals wearing my stuff and potentially taking it all over the world.