IGNORED

Animal Crossing: City Folk

8th lutz

How does AC use the SD card? I know you can take photos, and I've taken one or two, but had no idea where they were being stored. Do they get sent to the photo channel or the message board like Metroid Prime 3 did?

You can send them to the message board (I think), but I am not sure where they end up by default. Maybe each overwrites the last and you can only have one at a time. I wonder if you can maybe attach them to letters also - that would be cool. There's also an option that says "Save to SD Card", which is what I can't do, thanks to a "There is no SD card inserted in the Wii" message. But there is :|

Edited by figgler

Hey , a side-question since the SD card subject was broached - if I buy an SD card for the Wii, how do I program it with MP3's? I have no slot in any of my PC's that I'm aware of that fits an SD card ??

You need to purchase an SD card reader for your computer. External readers that plug into the USB drive are very common and can be had for ~$20. They're very common and can be found at everything from Walmart to Best Buy to your local computer store.

Shannon.... was just on AC and saw that you had your gate open and two of the icon's were lit.

I tried 6 times to visit you and got the "You have been disconnected from Nintendo WiFi" message four times and the "For some strange reason I could not get a response. They have either disconnected from NWFC or have taken you off their friends list" mesage twice.

Frustration, frustration, frustration.... Nintendo WiFi Connection really, really sucks big time as I have not been able to leave my town at all. Tried Mario Kart tonight and had trouble with that. Tried Smash Bros. also and had trouble with that. But every Wii channel connects quickly and without problem.

And I have you, your wife, Mrs MegaManFan, Figgler, and Crossbow on my AC list and all of them have a heart next to their name. Don't know how I achieved that and you haven't yet.

Mendon

Shannon,

I was just in your town. I didn't have any trouble at all connecting and going in. In fact I left you a message on the board and left you a fossil I dug up for Blathers to identify and hopefully donate to the museum.

I have hearts next to everyone except for Mrs. Megamanfan. I also have my town gate open currently and will be playing off an on.

BTW on the connections problems, the nintendo forums are FULL of people having this issue. I don't know what router you have Mendon, but some have a setting on them where you set yourself as "private". Apparently you have to set the setting in your router to "public" or something like that and it seems to correct the connection issues for some people.

Also, Nintendo advises that you got into your router settings and enable some port forwarding. I seem to recall having to do this with my router years ago when i first got my DS and couldn't get it to work online.

Coming to visit you right now, man!

Shannon,

I was just in your town. I didn't have any trouble at all connecting and going in. In fact I left you a message on the board and left you a fossil I dug up for Blathers to identify and hopefully donate to the museum.

I have hearts next to everyone except for Mrs. Megamanfan. I also have my town gate open currently and will be playing off an on.

BTW on the connections problems, the nintendo forums are FULL of people having this issue. I don't know what router you have Mendon, but some have a setting on them where you set yourself as "private". Apparently you have to set the setting in your router to "public" or something like that and it seems to correct the connection issues for some people.

Also, Nintendo advises that you got into your router settings and enable some port forwarding. I seem to recall having to do this with my router years ago when i first got my DS and couldn't get it to work online.

Shannon,

Thanks for the tips and advise, Crossbow; much apprciated.

I'm really not sure I'm going to fool around with my router and its settings, though. If something isn't truly broken, I hate to mess with it. As I said in an earlier post, I have my Xbox360 hooked up and can play online games, like Gears of War, with no problem. I have my PS3 hooked up and can play online games, like Motorstorm, with no problem. All my Wii channels work great. My PC works great. My Media Extender works great. And they all worked right out of the box without me having to play around with ports or settings.

If I have to start fooling around with settings in the router to play Wii online games, then the Wii isn't a "casual" system after all :)

BUT... I was playing Smash Bros., Mario Kart Wii, and Mario Kart DS this morning with no problems at all. So maybe the AC servers have just been overloaded or something when I've tried to leave town. Without adjusting any settings on my router, I was able to play everything (except AC since no town was open) this morning problem free.

UPDATE: I finally got out of town and visited Atlantis!!!! Problem free and got a couple oranges to go along with the native cherries I have. I'm on my way to becoming a fruit baron!

Mendon

Edited by Mendon

I'm seeing lots of discussion about differences and that people have the game etc.... but no real reviews. I am considering getting this title for my GF who loved the Gamecube version. I got her the DS version, but she never really got into it at all. She played it a few days and then dropped it. Said it was too much like the GC version I think. Is the Wii version worth a purchase? I saw Mendon mentioned a list of differences. Are they enough to justify buying the title or will someone that got burned out on the first one find little new here?

Review from me and my wife so far (bought it tonight): *YAWN*

Same game. Yeah there are new items, but Nook is the same, the Mayor is the same, the Able sisters are the same, Rover is the same, some of the people in town were in our first town. Unless I get her online fast, I think my wife will let this thing collect dust for the rest of time. It'll be cool for me to visit some of you guys, but outside of that, I'm not feeling this one at all.

Moycon, if you buy it maybe my wife and your GF can visit each other's towns? My wife is waiting on her best friend getting a Wii before she can play online. If your wife is tired of the first one and didn't like the DS one though, I can't recommend this. The first missions are even the same.

I'm new.... :P

Is there a way to save and KEEP playing? In the manual it says it saves if you enter and exit your home but I found out the hard way it doesn't. Unless I'm wrong, not having the option to keep playing is crazy.

I found that an easy way to do this is to either open and the close the gate or say you want to leave the town but then back out.

It always saves your status before doing that.

Sorry everyone. I would have been on Saturday in the am but I had to stay over at work to cover for someone who was sick.

Edited by Shannon

My whole family is playing this. We are OG Animal Crossing freaks so we have been waiting on pins and needles for this game to come out. I'm in the process of adding in all the codes posted so far (thank God for USB keyboards!) so we can get the party started!

Name - Dalum

City - Ccville

Fruit - Pear

FriendCode - 5026-7934-1128

Name - Nyracat

FriendCode - 1118-3752-6872

We have WiiSpeak too so let's do it up!

Just visited Chelzie and Crossbow's town today. Although Crossbow was mia.

So far other peoples towns are more interesting. Mine is kinda plain as far as layouts go.

Having a USB keyboard (or any keyboard for that matter) comes real handy. It's easier to type and go!

It'd be nice if they added a feature like allowing/disallowing people to plant trees or chop down trees.

Hung out with Crossbow and Sweetpea this afternoon. Was not able to come visit while they were out running errands but it sounds like other made it in there instead. Wife was just tooling around Gooberville but Goober was MIA as well. (Thanks for the apples!)

Hmmm... I wonder who's aquarium this is....

post-3211-1227496738_thumb.jpg

I was wondering if someone visited... :lol: Didn't see a message on the bb.

I had my town open while I watched 24..

Unless others have managed to nab the Manta Ray, that would be the world famous Atlantis Aquarium... hehe...

Thanks for the Apples and to all others whom visited this weekend. Vicki and I had a ton of fun playing this game most of the weekend. We also have Nook finally upgrading to his Nook 'n Go today, and we were able to get our second mortgage payments made just before Nook closed up last night. So, we should have larger houses today and be ready to start saving up for the next mortgage...hehe.

Edited by -^Cro§Bow^-

Yeah, was cool to get some WFC action going Saturday afternoon - before we got dropped :(

Crossbow, I got a letter from Axel in your town (Atari on!!), but I can't send one back without visiting again I beleive. I can send to you over WFC, but not the animals.

I have plans tonight, so I won't be able to log into my town at all today (for shame). Perhaps tomorrow night I'll be back online and running the usual errands.